2024 Ticket Price & Sale Date Announced

Dukeicon

3 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

To be fair, it’s bloody hard when those in tents leave that way! (I’m hoping this photo isn’t of anyone on here!)

Sunday (5).jpeg

Poor bloke has one of those trolleys you have to lift and push 

13 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

That’s ok, happy to be of help. The hill of death isn’t much of a challenge if you’re reasonably fit, the climb up to Worthy View is harder. It’s the only way into gate C from CV East, but if you’re carrying a load, with a trolley or just want an easier path, you can follow where the queues to get in on a Wednesday morning line up, which is an easier route. 

You're a gentleman thank you.

All my kit would be in the campervan anyway, the only things I'd be taking up and down the Slope of Sadness is a backpack for general day usage 🙂

Why would anyone need to go from CV East, to PGC with a trolley of anything once they've parked their campervan?Am I being very thick?

Just now, Stokesy10 said:

You're a gentleman thank you.

All my kit would be in the campervan anyway, the only things I'd be taking up and down the Slope of Sadness is a backpack for general day usage 🙂

Why would anyone need to go from CV East, to PGC with a trolley of anything once they've parked their campervan?Am I being very thick?

Some of the car parks are that way, beyond the CV fields.

6 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

To be fair, it’s bloody hard when those in tents leave that way! (I’m hoping this photo isn’t of anyone on here!)

Sunday (5).jpeg

Yes, it's a hill of death when trying to lug all your stuff back to east parking on the Monday, or trying to stop your trolley of beer from wiping out the queue on your way in!

was a bloody pain when we cycled in a fair Way one year  after being dropped off we  approached that Gate via the lanes . the damn security made us push our bikes and trailers up the hill to join the back of the queue ... ( we had no plan to jump the queue ) but they could equally have just let us filter in instead of being knobs 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Sunday (5).jpeg

We've got a four wheel trolley and trying to pull it back up this hill on Monday morning was horrendous. Will absolutely be trying to park in one of the west car parks next year to avoid it 😂

16 hours ago, Simsy said:

Yes, it's a hill of death when trying to lug all your stuff back to east parking on the Monday, or trying to stop your trolley of beer from wiping out the queue on your way in!

Having major flashbacks to our second journey from the car to tent this year trying to get down this hill with a trolley full of crates!!!! So difficult but was literally crying laughing. Think it was the only time it rained for the whole weekend too! 

On 10/2/2023 at 6:38 PM, stuie said:

The policy of having to have a fitted bed and fitted cooking/washing facilities does hinder this somewhat.  My van is a converted T4 short wheelbase with full width fitted rock and roll VW bed.  It doesn't leave much room for a kitchen/bathroom. 

Every other festival I go to is more breezy about what a live in vehicle is.   At Wilderness I was next to a car because their van broke down a week before 🙂 

Yes - but I don't think that's a recent policy is it?

I think they've been doing that for quite a few years - but may well be wrong.

48 minutes ago, sedra said:

It will be interesting to see what the car parking and Worthy View/Sticklinch prices are. Lovefields private glamping near gate C prices are a lot! IMG_2252.thumb.png.d920e43c1ea9d012a6b44f5f6c408dfd.png

Do you have to buy the tent space and then the people to go in it? 

11 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

They could double those prices and still sell out.

That applies to everything around the festival. Ticket prices, off site camping, pre erected tents, local campsites, b and b accommodations, off site car parking. All could double in price and sell out.  It’s the drawing power of the event. 

The pitch your own thing is telling, honestly. 

Lots of people willing to double the cost of the festival because they're not willing or able to carry their stuff and camp up in regular camping. Because that's literally the only difference. I'll admit to being one of them, it's the only way I can see myself doing the fest in the future (but not this year). 

My perception on this (and its really to do with festivals in general) is people used to go to them and get to a certain age point or start to struggle with camping and then bow out.....glamping arriving in the early-mid 00s has changed the game, as when people now get to the traditional 'bow out' stage (which I'm now pushing towards) they now just pay their way out of it with glamping.

It means they get to still go the festival without all nasty bits (trekking in with bundles of stuff, setting up tents, sweating in queues for hours etc) and the festival still makes a lot of money from them paying for the pre-errected tents or glamping option.

What has come with that (and this is just my opinion) is that other people who would have previously never gone near a camping festival now see it as a more luxurious way of doing a festival so the glamping areas are now very popular,  have a mix of ex-standard older campers and new-glampers and the various organisers can charge the earth for it. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

My perception on this (and its really to do with festivals in general) is people used to go to them and get to a certain age point or start to struggle with camping and then bow out.....

and then buy a camper van/caravan/trailer tent

this is certainly what is happening at Beautiful Days

22 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

My perception on this (and its really to do with festivals in general) is people used to go to them and get to a certain age point or start to struggle with camping and then bow out.....glamping arriving in the early-mid 00s has changed the game, as when people now get to the traditional 'bow out' stage (which I'm now pushing towards) they now just pay their way out of it with glamping.

It means they get to still go the festival without all nasty bits (trekking in with bundles of stuff, setting up tents, sweating in queues for hours etc) and the festival still makes a lot of money from them paying for the pre-errected tents or glamping option.

What has come with that (and this is just my opinion) is that other people who would have previously never gone near a camping festival now see it as a more luxurious way of doing a festival so the glamping areas are now very popular,  have a mix of ex-standard older campers and new-glampers and the various organisers can charge the earth for it. 

I’m probably one of those of a certain age point (60) and I do struggle with the camping, but I’ve no intention of bowing out just yet. 

• Upvote 2