2025 Headliners

36 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Green Day have to be part of that ever decreasing pool of headline acts that haven't played yet. 

I've not seen them live for over 20 years but they were always good fun.

I saw them at Wembley in June and they put on a hell of a show, played 2 hrs 30 mins, high energy, great production. They would absolutely smash a headline slot 

3 hours ago, The Nal said:

How many Greenday songs would Joe Camping Chair know?

Basket Case, American Idiot, Good Riddance, Boulevard of Broken Dreams.....?

Dookie seemed super big in the 90's it seemed to cross over so that people who were into grunge and britpop both knew it (at least where I lived). American idiot seemed to cross over again in the 00's. So yeah maybe not joe camping chair but anyone who remotely liked alternative music in 90's and 00's or had mtv2 will know quite a bit more than that. 

16 minutes ago, tomjfx said:

I saw them at Wembley in June and they put on a hell of a show, played 2 hrs 30 mins, high energy, great production. They would absolutely smash a headline slot 

I saw them at Wembley in June too and agree with your comment. A lot of fun was had and we couldn't believe the 2.5 hours had gone by. They seem to really enjoy what they do. There's a video going around of Billie Joe crowd surfing during their own support act at the recent Arizona concert. They still have alot of energy and life in them! 

1 hour ago, Badlands said:

Green Day have to be part of that ever decreasing pool of headline acts that haven't played yet. 

I've not seen them live for over 20 years but they were always good fun.

The pool is ever growing - not shrinking!

7 minutes ago, gfa said:

The pool is ever growing - not shrinking!

I have absolutely no stats to back this up but I feel that superstars and mega bands are dying faster than they are being created. 

22 minutes ago, stuie said:

I have absolutely no stats to back this up but I feel that superstars and mega bands are dying faster than they are being created. 

Not all headliners are 'superstars' and 'mega bands' though

33 minutes ago, stuie said:

On the flipside, no c**t is retiring these days, they just go on and on forever. Look at the 'upcoming gigs/tours' thread. It's a succession of old arthritic wizened f**kers who should be spending their days on the allotment or down the retired centre.

• Like 3

Like the liner notes to Big Black's Songs about f**king said 

'hey breaking up is an idea that has occurred to far too few groups, sometimes the wrong ones' 

• Upvote 1

Yeah, and I think for a lot of the older Lumpenrock acts, it's one and out. They do it so they can say they've done it and they'll be nowhere near the farm again. They're prepared to take the financial hit once, as a status thing, but after that its back to dynamic pricing and enormodromes/ Download/Reading&Leeds

15 minutes ago, Mardy said:

On the flipside, no c**t is retiring these days, they just go on and on forever. Look at the 'upcoming gigs/tours' thread. It's a succession of old arthritic wizened f**kers who should be spending their days on the allotment or down the retired centre.

LOL out of reactions 

34 minutes ago, gfa said:

Not all headliners are 'superstars' and 'mega bands' though

Wait what......  Are you not the user on here who spends your time policing anyone daring to suggest a headliner that is not a superstar or mega band!  Its like your whole deal??????? 

9 minutes ago, stuie said:

What? 

The festival gets the 3 biggest headliners they can generally - and avoids repeats where possible.

It depends on how you define megastar i guess but clearly SZA didn't pull the crowd of a megastar this year, nor does Stormzy sell shows like a 'mega star' would (in my opinion at least).

Just now, AVALON.G said:

Wait what......  Are you not the user on here who spends your time policing anyone daring to suggest a headliner that is not a superstar or mega band!  Its like your whole deal??????? 

Just because I discuss whether an act is big enough or not doesn't mean it happens. Point of a forum is debate / discussion

5 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Green Day would go fine.  Foo Fighters sort of booking for fans of meat and potatoes.

And similar to Foo Fighters I've got a couple of mates who'd lose their sh*t, and I'd probably go along if nothing else grabbed me and enjoy it more than I expected

40 minutes ago, gfa said:

It depends on how you define megastar i guess

- a very famous person, especially an actor or a pop star

anyhoo, I'd love to stay for some more pedantry, but it's a lovely evening and I've been cooped up working at home all day so i'm off to the beach for a paddle.