2025 Headliners

8 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Of course it could all be a big bluff.😉 The festival media partners, the Guardian and BBC, the band all were very quick to rule it out.  Almost coordinated statements. Maybe an announcement later when tickets are sold, any other dates added and past the Glastonbury ticket sale.

now that’s what’s called grasping at straws😉😊

Not sure why everyone’s being smart arses it was unclear what the BBC comment was and how official it actually is. Oasis starting directly after Glastonbury is definitely noticeable enough, nobody knows for certain yet. They’re hardly going to want to advertise that they’ll be broadcast free for all to see until the tickets are sold

I can see both sides of the argument. I think they will be looking for more money than Glasto has and might not want to start off on a risky televised performance that could bomb. But they both love the festival and I imagine if the reunion doesn’t fall to pieces they will be at Glasto next time. I bet Emily wishes she hadn’t announced the fallow year so soon 

Edited by nectarofthegods
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, nectarofthegods said:

Not sure why everyone’s being smart arses it was unclear what the BBC comment was and how official it actually is. Oasis starting directly after Glastonbury is definitely noticeable enough, nobody knows for certain yet. They’re hardly going to want to advertise that they’ll be broadcast free for all to see until the tickets are sold

that’s just Summer?

4 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Alright so then it's gonna be 

Fri: Rhianna

Sat: Eminem

Sun: Fred

Two spring chickens and... Fred

That really is a line-up that could support an on-site Nando’s and a Dominos pick-up point. 

26 minutes ago, readingnotleeds said:

Is there any chance Oasis could be a headliner but it not be televised? Or would that be a deal breaker for the Eavis

Probably a deal breaker. I do think the heavily anticipated first moment they walk out on stage together would be incredible for the world to see, not just thrown away in Cardiff on a random Friday night. 

If they could come to a compromise and show that plus a few select songs, but without giving away the whole show that would let them show that big moment but not ruin the tour for people going, that would be amazing. As it stands I don't think they're playing though 

Edited by efcfanwirral

13 minutes ago, readingnotleeds said:

Is there any chance Oasis could be a headliner but it not be televised? Or would that be a deal breaker for the Eavis

I'm pretty sure that an act refusing the TV coverage wouldn't be a deal breaker on the part of the festival, certainly not in this case. It's always been said that agreeing to be filmed isn't written into the contract, and some major acts have refused to allow the BBC to film them at all (Leonard Cohen), or only allowed a very limited number of songs to be shown (Neil Young).

But we already know it's not happening in this case. We've got outright denials on them playing, denials they didn't need to issue or could have fudged the words on. There's no straws left to clutch.

Aside from that, one of the main reasons that the festival is able to attract big name headliners for a fraction of their typical fee is usually because of the TV coverage - the act gets a free 2 hour commercial on the BBC, and some pretty good looking footage which goes worldwide (even SZA, with a disastrous crowd size, the coverage looks ok having been shot and edited carefully). Oasis would be no exception to this - if they do play in 2027 or some other future festival, you can bet they'll want as much coverage out of it as possible.

1 hour ago, incident said:

I'm pretty sure that an act refusing the TV coverage wouldn't be a deal breaker on the part of the festival, certainly not in this case. It's always been said that agreeing to be filmed isn't written into the contract, and some major acts have refused to allow the BBC to film them at all (Leonard Cohen), or only allowed a very limited number of songs to be shown (Neil Young).

But we already know it's not happening in this case. We've got outright denials on them playing, denials they didn't need to issue or could have fudged the words on. There's no straws left to clutch.

Aside from that, one of the main reasons that the festival is able to attract big name headliners for a fraction of their typical fee is usually because of the TV coverage - the act gets a free 2 hour commercial on the BBC, and some pretty good looking footage which goes worldwide (even SZA, with a disastrous crowd size, the coverage looks ok having been shot and edited carefully). Oasis would be no exception to this - if they do play in 2027 or some other future festival, you can bet they'll want as much coverage out of it as possible.

Didnt Massive Attack do the same and only show a couple songs or none at all. I remember Portishead was limited.

and yeah, if they were blacked out it would be pretty crazy and Im sure now the BBC would love to keep doing their drone shots above the crowd to show off how many people are there watching a respective band. They really should start having the drone elsewhere. But thats a budget thing Im sure.

Oasis can get their festival money in 2026 thats for sure. Even if they do most of them and then save Glasto and a final run of Wembley shows to follow in 27 that should be enough. 

Edited by Suprefan

11 hours ago, clarkete said:

I think  I enjoyed them twenty years ago, suffice to say I would likely have  overindulged beforehand 

Overindulging can be a right pain. I don't remember any of Pearl Jam from Reading back in 2006. All I know when I watch it back on YouTube, I'm watching from the back eating a Chinese, totally spangled taking absolutely nothing in.

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, incident said:

Do they need it?  Haven't played for 16 years, haven't put out any decent music for about 25-27 years and STILL the hype is incredible.  The fact that they've decided to do this now is almost certainly down to the fact that they've seen how much big acts are making on tours these days and seen the size of some of the "residencies" the likes of Swift etc. have been doing and want to compete.  30 years since DM gives them to excuse to both cash in and massage their huge egos.  Festival appearances - and G especially - doesn't fit with that.

48 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If it is Marshall Mathers and Fred then they'll likely be going after some sort of rock act for the third slot.

Christ. It really does need to be Bruce.

O-Rod has guitars. Could be Fender if they’ve got Eminem in for the nostalgia crowd.

56 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If it is Marshall Mathers and Fred then they'll likely be going after some sort of rock act for the third slot.

Christ. It really does need to be Bruce.

I doubt they will go fully boys only! 🙂 

1 minute ago, nikkic said:

In terms of female headliner options, who is touring and a potential for next year?

Is it just O Rod so far? 

Still waiting on any 2025 tour dates to even get rumoured.

The only rumours that have surfaced are........that she's heading back to the studio.

15 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Alright so then it's gonna be 

Fri: Rhianna

Sat: Eminem

Sun: Fred

Two spring chickens and... Fred

Two oldies acts and a dance act would definitely lead to some discussion 😂

25 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Still waiting on any 2025 tour dates to even get rumoured.

The only rumours that have surfaced are........that she's heading back to the studio.

The main thing is she has 2 Manchester dates that have not been cancelled or rescheduled yet. 

Eminem will not headline glastonbury. his new albums are awful. his set list will prob be bloated with alot of shite. god no.

Fri: Fred
Sat: O Rod / Gaga / Rhianna
Sun: Bruce / Blur / Sam Fender / Stevie Wonder

is my guess