2025 Headliners

3 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

Eminem will not headline glastonbury. his new albums are awful. his set list will prob be bloated with alot of shite. god no.

Fri: Fred
Sat: O Rod / Gaga / Rhianna
Sun: Bruce / Blur / Sam Fender / Stevie Wonder

is my guess

There's more intel on Eminem than there is on someone like Blur.

7 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

Eminem will not headline glastonbury. his new albums are awful. his set list will prob be bloated with alot of shite. god no.

I agree that he's basically the worst possible booking the festival could make.

But unfortunately, we can't rule him out quite that easily.

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Blur will be back in another 7 or 8 years I have no doubt. But they won't be around 3 summers in a row.

As i said they called it - and this is the 2025 headliners thread!

I'm sure they will be back too

I was speaking to someone who is quite heavily involved in BST this weekend and she said the rumours in her circles are that Stevie Wonder is headlining. I mentioned about his ill health and how he was rumoured for 2024 and dropped out, and she said that that was all booked in and that he had to drop out, but is now recovering and should be ready for 2025. Take that for what it's worth - I can't see it personally but she seemed quite convinced.

1 minute ago, hodgey123 said:

I was speaking to someone who is quite heavily involved in BST this weekend and she said the rumours in her circles are that Stevie Wonder is headlining. I mentioned about his ill health and how he was rumoured for 2024 and dropped out, and she said that that was all booked in and that he had to drop out, but is now recovering and should be ready for 2025. Take that for what it's worth - I can't see it personally but she seemed quite convinced.

OK. That all seems to pass the sniff test. 

I'd assume if he's at BST then the G will be part of the deal.

9 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Didnt Massive Attack do the same and only show a couple songs or none at all. I remember Portishead was limited.

and yeah, if they were blacked out it would be pretty crazy and Im sure now the BBC would love to keep doing their drone shots above the crowd to show off how many people are there watching a respective band. They really should start having the drone elsewhere. But thats a budget thing Im sure.

Oasis can get their festival money in 2026 thats for sure. Even if they do most of them and then save Glasto and a final run of Wembley shows to follow in 27 that should be enough. 

I think BBC wouldn't show Massive Attack because of the content of their visuals, lots of difficult scenes of warzones etc.

8 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

seems likely 

17 minutes ago, incident said:

I'm usually quite relaxed about headliners - over the years there have been more I don't want to see than those I have - but I'd actually be disappointed in our forward-thinking, progressive, liberal and diverse festival if they book him.

23 minutes ago, incident said:

But unfortunately, we can't rule him out quite that easily.

At a quick guess, the number of worse acts is in double figures at least. Oasis being one.

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

I'm usually quite relaxed about headliners - over the years there have been more I don't want to see than those I have - but I'd actually be disappointed in our forward-thinking, progressive, liberal and diverse festival if they book him.

Glastonbury Festival have booked plenty of twats over the years. 

Still amazed people don’t understand him. But anyway I’ll take the opinion of most top HipHop artists over the attendees of a festival 

7 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Still amazed people don’t understand him. 

You're not the only person who realises he doesn't actually cut up women with chainsaws, brain genius.

However, adding some ironic distance to misogyny and homophobia doesn't absolve his act of misogyny and homophobia. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, chickenfire said:

Not only is his recent music awful, but Eminem is absolutely dreadful live. In terms of a "live" performance, he'd be the worst pyramid headliner in some time. 

AM and GNR would be stiff competition

• Upvote 1