2025 Headliners

So if Emily says its not happening then its not, right? Or does she have to stay silent cause she is trying to make it happen and then just to embarass Oasis for making this much of an effort to say its not happening. Like it would totally piss off a lot of people if they think opening night in Cardiff was not truly first and they thought they were going to the first gig and it was destroyed

Edited by Suprefan

32 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

So if Emily says its not happening then its not, right? Or does she have to stay silent cause she is trying to make it happen and then just to embarass Oasis for making this much of an effort to say its not happening. Like it would totally piss off a lot of people if they think opening night in Cardiff was not truly first and they thought they were going to the first gig and it was destroyed

It seems odd that Oasis would feel the need to clarify this early on, it’s not like demand would drop enough to prevent a sell out tour just because there was Glastonbury speculation.

I do however think that there’s benefits for the festival to put this speculation to bed early doors, otherwise it would just define the whole build up until it was ruled out at a later date. 

I think the festival have the right to ask oasis to end the speculation, there’s no contractual relationship in place and oasis need to clarify that. 

People just need to accept it’s not happening, the fairytale scenario rarely plays out when it comes to stuff like this and commercial factors and what drive all of the decisions. Oasis playing Glastonbury 25 makes no commercial sense. 

also, Cardiff almost certainly won’t be opening night, there will be warm up gigs. I can’t imagine these have even been arranged yet as the tour appears to have been organised on the back of a fag packet 

2 hours ago, Euphoricape said:

Py - Fred/Lady Gaga/Eminem

Other - Nick Cave/The Prodigy/Fontaines DC 

Swap out Fontaines with Charli XCX and it's looking plausible. Can't see Fontaines back after headlining Park this year and if they were, subbing Pyramid would be my guess

1 minute ago, Acid_Haze said:

Swap out Fontaines with Charli XCX and it's looking plausible. Can't see Fontaines back after headlining Park this year and if they were, subbing Pyramid would be my guess

I was just thinking about the bump up Idles had this year. Though like u say, probably unlikely next year after just topping the park. Can see a big spot for 2027 for them.

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

So if Emily says it’s not happening then it’s not, right? Or does she have to stay silent cause she is trying to make it happen and then just to embarass Oasis for making this much of an effort to say it’s not happening. Like it would totally piss off a lot of people if they think opening night in Cardiff was not truly first and they thought they were going to the first gig and it was destroyed

I’m not sure why Emily would feel any need to say anything at this point. She didn’t start the rumour and Oasis have put it to bed so what’s to be said? 

If anyone doesn’t believe Oasis and decides to get Glasto tickets on the back of the denied rumour then so be it. 

And extra dates get added at the front of runs all the time here, especially warm ups. Buying a ticket for the first published gig doesn’t guarantee you’ll be first! 

27 minutes ago, 09matthewsw said:

It seems odd that Oasis would feel the need to clarify this early on, it’s not like demand would drop enough to prevent a sell out tour just because there was Glastonbury speculation.

I do however think that there’s benefits for the festival to put this speculation to bed early doors, otherwise it would just define the whole build up until it was ruled out at a later date. 

I think the festival have the right to ask oasis to end the speculation, there’s no contractual relationship in place and oasis need to clarify that. 

People just need to accept it’s not happening, the fairytale scenario rarely plays out when it comes to stuff like this and commercial factors and what drive all of the decisions. Oasis playing Glastonbury 25 makes no commercial sense. 

also, Cardiff almost certainly won’t be opening night, there will be warm up gigs. I can’t imagine these have even been arranged yet as the tour appears to have been organised on the back of a fag packet 

yeah. It does give Emily a shield per say. She can echo their comments. But theres no way she wont be pressed if she does some podcast or  radio interview like she normally  does. I do hope it makes T day a smidge easier. And yeah, Cardiff wont reallly be first but I think the warm up is going to have to be something that hardly anyone can go see. Dont let it be like 2 nights at Ally Pally 

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

I’m not sure why Emily would feel any need to say anything at this point. She didn’t start the rumour and Oasis have put it to bed so what’s to be said? 

If anyone doesn’t believe Oasis and decides to get Glasto tickets on the back of the denied rumour then so be it. 

And extra dates get added at the front of runs all the time here, especially warm ups. Buying a ticket for the first published gig doesn’t guarantee you’ll be first! 

Well the biggest way to out this to bed is to add Cardiff to Glasto weekend proper and thats why they really arent playing lol. 

3 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Well the biggest way to out this to bed is to add Cardiff to Glasto weekend proper and thats why they really arent playing lol. 

maybe they just wanna go Glasto? 

7 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

My guess is that Oasis were asked to outright deny it after all the drama (and disappointment) about the Churnups/Foos and it not being Pulp.

I agree. I think the festival have asked them to do it.

19 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

My guess is that Oasis were asked to outright deny it after all the drama (and disappointment) about the Churnups/Foos and it not being Pulp.

Not sure about that.

It really doesn't need to come from the band. The Festival could easily do it themselves with no issue - Emily could easily go on Twitter / Instagram and post something simple like "While we love Oasis, they're definitely not playing in 2025". Arguably it'd be more credible given Emily doesn't have a reputation for outright bullshit, whereas both brothers do.

1 hour ago, Euphoricape said:

I was just thinking about the bump up Idles had this year. Though like u say, probably unlikely next year after just topping the park. Can see a big spot for 2027 for them.

Yeah they would be perfect to headline Other or sub Pyramid next year if they hadn't just headlined the Park stage

6 minutes ago, incident said:

Not sure about that.

It really doesn't need to come from the band. The Festival could easily do it themselves with no issue - Emily could easily go on Twitter / Instagram and post something simple like "While we love Oasis, they're definitely not playing in 2025". Arguably it'd be more credible given Emily doesn't have a reputation for outright bullshit, whereas both brothers do.

I know Glastonbury has come out before and distanced themselves from artists, but it feels harsher when they do it. Like when ME said they were "over" Kylie. I'm sure there's other examples too, but that felt too much.

If a band comes out and says they're not playing, it feels like Glasto are still interested in them coming one day, but the band has other priorities right now.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, incident said:

Not sure about that.

Doesn't mean it won't happen at some point between now and ticket day, could easily happen in a q&a around ticket day or something like that

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Oasis could arrange 3 new stadium dates across Glastonbury weekend to prove the point that Suprefan is making.

And it def could happen in 72 hours. I mean that spreadsheet that leaked is incomplete I think. Not even talking about the 2026 page that does exist, but just whats happening in the uk. One date add for wembley and manchester seems like not enough.

obviously the ballot sign up gives them the data they need to see the demand even if some of it is inflated by touts. So if theres a million tickets to sell and 10 million people signed up you can speculate that half of those are real people and know you could add plenty more. 

or theyre playing the long game and dont want to oversaturate it all. It plays into guaranteeing the next shows in america to likely sell very well because if youre in the uk and couldnt get a ticket, then theres america where apparently nobody wants to see them. Travel is cheap that time of year here anyway. And then they can hit up asia, aus and europe in 26 with solo gigs and festivals and maybe even america with festivals and its one final lap in 27 for the uk with glasto and a sequel to knebworth or some gigs at etihad.

6 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

And it def could happen in 72 hours. I mean that spreadsheet that leaked is incomplete I think. Not even talking about the 2026 page that does exist, but just whats happening in the uk. One date add for wembley and manchester seems like not enough.

obviously the ballot sign up gives them the data they need to see the demand even if some of it is inflated by touts. So if theres a million tickets to sell and 10 million people signed up you can speculate that half of those are real people and know you could add plenty more. 

or theyre playing the long game and dont want to oversaturate it all. It plays into guaranteeing the next shows in america to likely sell very well because if youre in the uk and couldnt get a ticket, then theres america where apparently nobody wants to see them. Travel is cheap that time of year here anyway. And then they can hit up asia, aus and europe in 26 with solo gigs and festivals and maybe even america with festivals and its one final lap in 27 for the uk with glasto and a sequel to knebworth or some gigs at etihad.

2025 - U.K. and US Tour

2026 - Festivals that’ll throw the most money at them, Coachella, Rock Werchter, Reading & Leeds etc…

2027 - Knebworth & Glastonbury

Guesswork of course 

2 hours ago, sisco said:

2025 - U.K. and US Tour

2026 - Festivals that’ll throw the most money at them, Coachella, Rock Werchter, Reading & Leeds etc…

2027 - Knebworth & Glastonbury

Guesswork of course 

Well… one step at a time. They might have a tear up early on!