2025 Headliners

7 minutes ago, charlierc said:

The people in the Reading thread think Foos to Reading could be a go-er so if they do that instead, they won't be at Glasto.

... I assume, anyway.

Would also be their 30th anniversary next year since their formation. Could see them springing up all over the shop

10 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

So the runners and riders are:

Fred Again

Eminem

Stevie 

with O-Rod, The Boss and - an outlier I think if they can't bag anyone else - Sam Fender also in the conversation

Edited to add Gaga, though that's a real outside bet.

Has the Rihanna chatter quietened down?

1 hour ago, chew the fat said:

10 most likely names right now, as I see it.

1. Bruce Springsteen
  2. Dave
  3. Eminem
  4. Foo Fighters
  5. Fred Again..
  6. Lady Gaga
  7. Olivia Rodrigo
  8. Rihanna
  9. Sam Fender
  10. Stevie Wonder

Dave! There’s a name that was being touted as a potential 2025 headliner at the outset of this thread that I’ve not seen mentioned in a while. 

15 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

How sure is this intel?

I think what is Known is that IDLES were the act called in who were not originally on the line up - SO the assumption that SZA was the original Friday night Other Stage headliner -  She was moved up and IDLES filled in for her  

14 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

I think what is Known is that IDLES were the act called in who were not originally on the line up - SO the assumption that SZA was the original Friday night Other Stage headliner -  She was moved up and IDLES filled in for her  

Which is crazy when IDLES got a huge crowd in comparison.

9 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Would you put him in the potentials bracket though?

Yes - but towards the bottom of that list of ten. If not the very bottom rung.

Tbh I never figured out why SZA was boosted to a headliner over some of the other acts on offer. 

None of the other acts on the bill were festival headliners at SZA's level.  She also topped the bill BST, Primavera and Lollapalooza so it's not like Emily was out on a limb considering her headline sized.  I think the mive itself had a decent basis.

Which is crazy when IDLES got a huge crowd in comparison.

Yeah - obviously IDLES Could never have been considered for the headliner slot as they were only free on the Friday - but if IDLES had not clashed with Fontaines DC then it would probably be one of the biggest crowds the other stage has ever had. 

it does seems like SZA was probably the best available from the existing line up  - I do feel sorry for her for the small crowd.   I guess the National would have been the only other viable option.

In retrospect - Avril Lavigne probably would have been the better choice - But im not sure anyone saw her popularity coming and im sure people would have screamed the place down if she was a headliner. 

Edited by Ben7amin_

13 hours ago, chew the fat said:

10 most likely names right now, as I see it.

1. Bruce Springsteen
  2. Dave
  3. Eminem
  4. Foo Fighters
  5. Fred Again..
  6. Lady Gaga
  7. Olivia Rodrigo
  8. Rihanna
  9. Sam Fender
  10. Stevie Wonder

3 from this 8 I’d say. 

Order of likeliness….

Fred 
O Rod
Eminem 
Sam Fender
Bruce 
Stevie 
Rihanna 
Gaga

2 minutes ago, nikkic said:

3 from this 8 I’d say. 

Order of likeliness….

Fred 
O Rod
Eminem 
Sam Fender
Bruce 
Stevie 
Rihanna 
Gaga

I can not see past O Rod & Fred at this early stage.   I think they have to go for a more veteren third for balance. 

17 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Think folk are sleeping on how likely Stevie is TBH

He was “nailed on” last year. 

If it was health reasons that stopped that, I honestly don’t see that changing too much. 

58 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Yeah - obviously IDLES Could never have been considered for the headliner slot as they were only free on the Friday - but if IDLES had not clashed with Fontaines DC then it would probably be one of the biggest crowds the other stage has ever had. 

it does seems like SZA was probably the best available from the existing line up  - I do feel sorry for her for the small crowd.   I guess the National would have been the only other viable option.

In retrospect - Avril Lavigne probably would have been the better choice - But im not sure anyone saw her popularity coming and im sure people would have screamed the place down if she was a headliner. 

Ah okay, didn't know IDLES were only available on the Friday. Makes more sense why the clash vs Fontaines DC came about then. I agree though as well that had they not been clashing the crowd for IDLES would've been a monster