2025 Headliners

15 hours ago, chew the fat said:

10 most likely names right now, as I see it.

1. Bruce Springsteen
  2. Dave
  3. Eminem
  4. Foo Fighters
  5. Fred Again..
  6. Lady Gaga
  7. Olivia Rodrigo
  8. Rihanna
  9. Sam Fender
  10. Stevie Wonder

I would probably add a couple of names in the mix, not because I like any of them, but feel like until they are ruled out they could be part of the conversation.

11. Ed Sheerhan

12. Kings Of Leon

13. Muse

14. Green Day

15. 1975

Out of those additional names Ed and Muse seem more likely than the others.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

I would probably add a couple of names in the mix, not because I like any of them, but feel like until they are ruled out they could be part of the conversation.

11. Ed Sheerhan

12. Kings Of Leon

13. Muse

14. Green Day

15. 1975

Kings of Leon are defo past it nowadays in the uk - if your going to put someone as weak as that may as well bump up someone exciting

27 minutes ago, gfa said:

Kings of Leon are defo past it nowadays in the uk - if your going to put someone as weak as that may as well bump up someone exciting

I'm with you, I think it would be a weak headliner.  People seemed to be getting excited about the prospect of them turning up in a secret slot this year.  I'm not sure how the BST gig sold this year though.

1 hour ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

I'm with you, I think it would be a weak headliner.  People seemed to be getting excited about the prospect of them turning up in a secret slot this year.  I'm not sure how the BST gig sold this year though.

their ape day (45k , £80 a pop) didn't sell out i think

They would be a big secret set but a joke headliner

Everyone I know who has seen Eminem has absolutely slated his live show (all be it a tiny sample and only over 2 or so seperate events). 

Can anyone who has seen him live actually vouch for him being any good as a live performer? 

Edited by Ben7amin_

4 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

11. Ed Sheerhan

12. Kings Of Leon

13. Muse

14. Green Day

15. 1975

I've seen the 1975 live a few times and they would be great

Proper front man

54 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

That would be nice

and it’s time for me to post my annual plea for AC/DC😊😉

Now I have always categorically talked AC/DC down for this, during to their stage set up, the fact that money talks and possible fragility, but the recent tour shot the last one down in flames and their stage set up is now very simple, with reduced props and relying more on video screens. They're fairly likely to tour the States and/or Oz/NZ/South America and may return to Europe next summer. Personally I don't think any negotiations would have taken place as they weren't sure how this tour would go, but I'd be interested to be a fly on the wall in the coming months in Dacca Towers...

Do I think they'll do it? No, but I ain't telling you they a million percent won't any more...

44 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Everyone I know who has seen Eminem has absolutely slated his live show (all be it a tiny sample and only over 2 or so seperate events). 

Can anyone who has seen him live actually vouch for him being any good as a live performer? 

Saw him at T in 2010 and he was a solid 7/10. Saw Jay Z at the same festival who was vastly superior from memory and criminally underbooked, was an afternoon slot, madness. 

42 minutes ago, Gashead86 said:

Saw him at T in 2010 and he was a solid 7/10. Saw Jay Z at the same festival who was vastly superior from memory and criminally underbooked, was an afternoon slot, madness. 

Not really afternoon. He subbed Kasabian. And yes, he was unbelievable, and that gave me a clue to how good Kasabian were, since they made a good go at following him.

Thought Eminem was dicey. At best.

1 minute ago, DomDom1984 said:

Not really afternoon. He subbed Kasabian. And yes, he was unbelievable, and that gave me a clue to how good Kasabian were, since they made a good go at following him.

Thought Eminem was dicey. At best.

What a ridiculous situation!

In what twisted world would anyone think it acceptable to have Jay Z sub Kasabian

Just now, Skip997 said:

What a ridiculous situation!

In what twisted world would anyone think it acceptable to have Jay Z sub Kasabian

My guess is that they seen Kasabian as a "safe" headliner. Kasabian were big enough to top the bill, but ahead of Jay-Z? Very unsure about that.

5 hours ago, Ben7amin_ said:

The Telegraph certainly thought his Reading set in 2017 was good.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/concerts/eminem-reading-festival-review-hip-hop-maverick-climbed-back/

10 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

11. Ed Sheerhan

12. Kings Of Leon

13. Muse

14. Green Day

15. 1975

Sheeran is a not-zero possibility of these imo given he has nothing planned in the UK for next year but is on a big European tour.

Though I guess this depends on whether there's a perception of him being a one-and-done Glasto headliner.

Said elsewhere that I think Muse will be around in 2025 having given this year a miss, but don't see them at Glasto.

9 hours ago, gfa said:

I mean I saw them in Leeds in June. Healthy crowd, sounded pretty good, but I wouldn't say it was necessarily a sign of them returning to the prominence they had 10-15 years ago.

Still kinda amused their sole Glastonbury headline appearance came just before Sex on Fire and Use Somebody came out, essentially almost making it a goodbye for their pre-OTBN reputation.

Edited by charlierc
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, charlierc said:

Still kinda amused their sole Glastonbury headline appearance came just before Sex on Fire and Use Somebody came out, essentially almost making it a goodbye for their pre-OTBN reputation.

I still find it very funny how they previewed two songs from OBTN and neither of them were SOF or Use Somebody and were Crawl and Manhattan instead which actually makes the setlist so much better!