2025 Headliners

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Fair enough.  That's recent enough.  I support Michael in this tbf.

me to - They later said Flea was ill in an interview - but its still absolute unprofessional as f**k - that like a school boy skiving then claiming he was off sick after the fact.  

There could be a way back in but they would need to make a propper apology to him first. 

23 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Michael Eavis says they are banned from Glastonbury as they straight up did not turn up and to this day have never explained it or apologised  - he repeats this all the time -- it has 100% relevance to why they are not booked.   At his talk on the Acoustic stage in 2019 he said they are not allowed on site even if they get tickets 

That's nice, but Michael hasn't had a role in booking Pyramid acts in a long time.

The only on record quote of his about them (as far as I know) is:

"They didn’t turn up. We’re not very forgiving for bands that don’t turn up."

Edited by ghostdancer1

22 minutes ago, incident said:

Michael has outright said that it did. And even before that, there was the story that the festival turned them down in 2005 when they offered to step in for Kylie.

Michael says a lot of things. Loads of them turn out to be demonstrably false.
I doubt the festival turned them down. Especially with a month's notice to find a headliner. Considering they weren't touring in the first half of 2005 (or barely even gigging at all that year), it's almost certainly a completely bollocks story.

• Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

That's nice, but Michael hasn't had a role in booking Pyramid acts in a long time.

The only on record quote of his about them (as far as I know) is:

Whether he's directly involved in booking or not, it's unrealistic to think that Emily and Nick would ignore his views when he's got strong negative feelings about a particular act - which he seemingly does in this case.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

The only on record quote of his about them is:

I was physically there Im repeating something i heard him say in response to the segment of the talk - Shout out acts that you want to see headline.    He started this fantastic festival - im sorry aint no way the booking team are gonna disrespect the man who started it by booking them. 

True story:

Was just walking through London's famous Soho and I got accosted by a German film crew asking me to identify a band from a photo and if I could I'd win a fiver.

They showed me a photo of an absolute shitshow of a band all in their pants and wearing comedy noses and wigs and all florescent pants and clown wigs and so on.

To my surprise it wasn't actually Fontaines DC but was in fact the The Red Hot Chilli Peppers - but I got the fiver on my second guess.

• Upvote 1