2025 Headliners

9 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

You'd assume ninety minutes with at least five or six new tunes.

- - -

Will We Talk?

Getting Started

Spit of You

- - -

Dead Boys

The Borders

Get You Down

- - -

10 Spice

11 Howdon Aldi Death Queue

12 Saturday

13 - - -

14 Homesick

15 Hypersonic Missiles

16 The Dying Light

17 - - -

18 Seventeen Going Under

I like Fender and he was great in 2022 but he really needs to get Howdon Aldi Death Queue out his set on this cycle. 

He'd be a good headliner but I don't see how he can elevate his set to be that much better than 2022 with only one more album. 

3 hours ago, Mardy said:

POtential Headliners as Glastonbury Food Stalls

O-Rod - Duck Fries, Classic basis, bit of a young twist on the top. Could alienate/confuse the older punter.

Fred Again - Overpriced Mac&Cheese. Ostensibly feelgood, bit of comfort food, but is that all there is to it?

Sam Fender - A big plate of stodge. Unexciting, bland, but keeps the traditionalists happening. One of those turgid Yorkshire Puddings filled with mash and gravy.

Bruce Springsteen - That  burger place in the SE Corner. A classic, but hardly inspiring and sort of wrong place, wrong time.

Rihanna - Goan fish curry - Can you afford it? and not as good as it was 10 years ago

Stevie Wonder - The crumble stall - a rediscovered old timer, just what you need when you're feeling down, but maybe a bit too sickly sweet.

Love this breakdown but, I'm trying to think of alternative food stalls for Bruce.

What's the most overrated food of all time?

2 minutes ago, Sitruc97 said:

Sam Fender adverts spotted on Electronic billboards outside the First Direct arena in Leeds earlier today.

Yeah - for all folk are assuming that this announcement will lock him in it could do nothing of the sort. Doing e.g.narenas in the springtime won't tell us much one way or another.

2 hours ago, Skip997 said:

There are interesting fresh headliners, e.g. Dua Lipa and dull as f**k fresh headliners. Let’s have as many of the former as possible 

I know far more young people and older people, male and female, who go to festivals across the country who much, MUCH prefer Fender as a newer artist to Dua Lipa, or O-Rod. 

Funny isn't it, subjectivity? 

Sam Fender is a superb artist and will absolutely smash it when he headlines Glastonbury.

10 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

As a Sunderland fan the idea of Fender getting people to wave black and white flags at the pyramid like he did at Finsbury park makes me feel sick 

Would rather he never headlined 

I'd just move past the football aspect, that's like me not wanting to watch Jamie Webster as he's from Liverpool or never having anything to do with Oasis because they support Man City.

3 minutes ago, northernangel said:

I'd just move past the football aspect, that's like me not wanting to watch Jamie Webster as he's from Liverpool or never having anything to do with Oasis because they support Man City.

I would but fender seemed obsessed with it last tour , hopefully he has calmed down but waving black and white flags in a London gig seemed strange 

13 minutes ago, northernangel said:

I cant stand either act, and will happily use their choice of football club to further denigrate them. 

• Like 1