2025 Headliners

2 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Didn’t actually notice it at all … maybe I was too busy enjoying the set 

I didn’t notice much at Glastonbury but it was very obvious at TRNSMT last year. He needs to wind that in, looks very small time.

Be surprised if Fender persisted with the black and white stuff.  It's one thing to have it at a home show but wont do him much good outside the area. Didnt look like he had any at Reading & Leeds - though only seen tv footage. 

Certainly no place at glastonbury for football tribalism.

25 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

Found this too, though I guess it covers the same ground: Fleetwood Mac fans in frenzy after sudden flurry of band activity | The Independent

Part of me wonders if it might wind up just being more reissues. But given their twisted thorny history, who even knows what they're up to. Makes Oasis look calm and well behaved for crying out loud.

2 hours ago, Justcalledtosay said:

I can beat that. My wife bought me tickets for my birthday to his gig at St James' Park a few summers ago, just after they'd qualified for the Champions League. It was like being a Nazi rally..

I'm a Newcastle supporter (albeit one that grew up/lives down south) and am aware that many other Newcastle fans went gleefully overboard with that one, to the point where I genuinely think there was more of a pro-Newcastle celebration there than even that time when Leicester-born Kasabian played the Leicester City FC stadium to celebrate their unexpected Premier League title in 2016.

I also don't care ha. It's their party, why not go all out in celebrating crazily. Going forward, I assume the balance is that there'll be some Toon references but going truly Geordie squared at shows in Newcastle and not so much outside the NE postcode area.

... maybe.

34 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Be surprised if Fender persisted with the black and white stuff.  It's one thing to have it at a home show but wont do him much good outside the area. Didnt look like he had any at Reading & Leeds - though only seen tv footage. 

Certainly no place at glastonbury for football tribalism.

Half the blokes there wear football tops! 

Surprised with the lack of faith of Sam to deliver. 

Wait to hear his new single coming out Friday called ‘People Watching’, the hype for album that will follow and then trickles of big singles over next 6 months and him headlining will seem like an obvious act to do so. 

He sold out stadiums and Finsbury Park easily last year and this album looks to be bigger. He’s young, played the Pyramid before and was known as a highlight. Packed field. Writes his own songs, good bands of mates, massive voice to carry the turns across the field.

Not sure what else you want from a headliner? 😀

Edited by danbailey80