2025 Headliners

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Metallica aside - which was a noted exception - there's just no history there of sharing headliners.

It was actually Sonisphere. The two gaps though unless the early one is filled in with more to come says both are open with them being announced for Glastonbury last. I fully believe they are playing Download though.

1 hour ago, OllieMadd said:

Apparently last year they did a post referencing the black parade, making everyone think MCR would headline - and they didn't.

Not saying they're not doing Download, but Live Nation are scum and will do anything to sell tickets 

Maybe so - but there's been far more similar posts that have infact been a clue. Especially when as blatant as this

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Metallica aside - which was a noted exception - there's just no history there of sharing headliners.

Not sure how much we can take that as being indicative of the future though.

There's very few acts that have ever headlined Download that would even be considered suitable to top the Pyramid Stage, so there's much less opportunity for there to be an overlap. Metallica, GnR, AC/DC, Muse, maybe MCR or Iron Maiden would be about the entire list.

My gut feeling is that Glastonbury haven't got Green Day this year, as I think Download will have paid for some form of exclusivity - but if the Download announcement doesn't mention that, would have to think they're a possibility.

18 minutes ago, incident said:

There's very few acts that have ever headlined Download that would even be considered suitable to top the Pyramid Stage, so there's much less opportunity for there to be an overlap. Metallica, GnR, AC/DC, Muse, maybe MCR or Iron Maiden would be about the entire list.

My gut feeling is that Glastonbury haven't got Green Day this year, as I think Download will have paid for some form of exclusivity - but if the Download announcement doesn't mention that, would have to think they're a possibility.

My gut feeling on overall reflection is you're right as for them to play it puts Olivia who we know is playing on a day that we pretty much know she wouldn't be. The only way around it would be to do 3 dates in a row.

11 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Green Day not doing the Saturday of Download would feel weird in my head given who else is anticipated though.

It really does. I can imagine it being a bit of a come down anticlimax to have Green Day night 1 and then finish with ST and Korn (who should really be Friday) but I guess it depends in availability.

59 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Absolutely, and they've been chasing Green Day for so long that it would be a coup to just finally get them over the line.

But yeah. Bit of a comedown.

But if it was the choice between Green Day Friday and booking Slipknot again then I'm going to trust the one's that say it's on.

To be honest in this scenario of them doing both as a random never before, it would make sense to send out a hint for ticket sales. I certainly don't think them having 4 days free before a gap between 3 days of Oslo Glastonbury Luxembourg is any less likely than flying from Download to Italy for a gig two days later.

Worth pointing out that BBC played Luxembourg just a day separate to Glastonbury so there is nothing actually stopping Green Day playing the Sunday

Edited by northernangel

2 hours ago, incident said:

If there's no exclusivity i think i'd be looking towards Glasgow rather than Glasto