Join our friendly community of music lovers and be part of the fun 😎

2025 Headliners

2 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

If Green Day aren't at Download, then the cat is back in the game. 

But all signs suggest they are. 

It would be super bizarre of Download to have put out social media posts heavily implying Green Day are there for them not to be there.

20 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Yeah, that would have been market saturation to the max. (Though I do wonder if Muse were considered after the kerfuffle with Foo Fighters.)

Probably not, given Dave Grohl fell off that stage in Sweden very close to Glastonbury weekend and Muse would've likely had commitments (one that their fan Wiki says included Werchter, which must've been on the same weekend)

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

It would be super bizarre of Download to have put out social media posts heavily implying Green Day are there for them not to be there.

someone said they did the exact same re MCR last year to be fair

but i do agree

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

20 minutes ago, gfa said:

someone said they did the exact same re MCR last year to be fair

but i do agree

I do think Green Day will play Friday Download but if they want to play Glastonbury I don't think any amount of money is stopping them from ticking it off.

41 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Yeah, the MCR baiting is what has a few people stung on Green Day being an absolute lock.

But if they've missed out Green Day and a Linkin Park reunion, think there will be understandable disappointment in some quarters.

I can't remember the history - could it be it wasn't baiting yet they thought they would play - and something changed - Feels more likely to me? But I do not know the ins and outs.

Similarly  maybe KOL thought they would be playing Glastonbury when they put all those images on socials- then things broke down.

Got no proof either way so just a theory. 

I think there was an assumption MCR were going to tour in earnest this year, and it never materialised.

One of those bands for whom it would be headline or nothing at the G anyway, and I frankly cannot see EE having any interest in them.

But also, given their penchant for short shows sometimes - think their WWWY set the other day was very quick - the kind of band who would be a terrific secret slot pick.

Not a chance in a month of Sundays, of course.