Join our friendly community of music lovers and be part of the fun 😎

2025 Headliners

42 minutes ago, foolee said:

Avril should’ve been main. People couldn’t even get in the field, it was utter carnage. 

It was a nightmare trying to get out after Nothing But Thieves walking against a tide coming from all directions.

25 mins from 2nd barrier at other to Leftfield.

1 minute ago, Nobody Interesting said:

It was a nightmare trying to get out after Nothing But Thieves walking against a tide coming from all directions.

That’s mental 

2 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

1 minute ago, foolee said:

That’s mental 

Somehow I managed to see Shania Twain and get in pretty close back at other for Avril. Nothing was stopping be getting in there as long as it was safe.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Not all the time! After decades attending I still occasionally try  to move from stage to stage attempting to see acts that nearly clash. I know it’s impossible but still do it😉😊

Indeed . But the instances get fewer as the recovery takes longer but does still happen 

Avril Lavigne is a strange one - Given how poorly SZA was received you could easily say she would have been a better choice to headline in hindsight - 

But in an alternative reality where she headlines - People would have screamed the place down when it was announced - You have got to feel for the festival act bookers sometimes.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Indeed . But the instances get fewer as the recovery takes longer but does still happen 

So many more people to navigate than was when I first started going. I was able to in 2008/10 period for example slip down from oxylers and over the train track just above to other and easily get back within a few minutes to refill on drinks....that now is just a nightmare. 

4 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Avril Lavigne is a strange one - Given how poorly SZA was received you could easily say she would have been a better choice to headline in hindsight - 

But in an alternative reality where she headlines - People would have screamed the place down when it was announced - You have got to feel for the festival act bookers sometimes.

I think I'm slightly biased here due to my interest but I think that comes down to if you're a big enough fan you wouldn't care...SZA was all kinda of wrong with own gig crowd vs festival crowd. Avril shouldn't have headlined I will state though, if she's have been put 3rd down Pyramid there wouldn't be an issue.

5 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Not really. They shouldve just stuck Avril on the Pyramid for the weirdos who wanted to see her. 

In no sensible world does she headline any festival ever.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, northernangel said:

So many more people to navigate than was when I first started going. I was able to in 2008/10 period for example slip down from oxylers and over the train track just above to other and easily get back within a few minutes to refill on drinks....that now is just a nightmare. 

I think I'm slightly biased here due to my interest but I think that comes down to if you're a big enough fan you wouldn't care...SZA was all kinda of wrong with own gig crowd vs festival crowd. Avril shouldn't have headlined I will state though, if she's have been put 3rd down Pyramid there wouldn't be an issue.

Don’t forget the site is also loads bigger than in those days … the park didn’t exist for example so people spread out a little more . Although in peak times it can be a nightmare . I do wonder what the numbers were post superfence . It must have been equally a nightmare back then 

5 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Don’t forget the site is also loads bigger than in those days … the park didn’t exist for example so people spread out a little more . Although in peak times it can be a nightmare . I do wonder what the numbers were post superfence . It must have been equally a nightmare back then 

The 'estimated' number that's always referred to is 250,000 in 2000, the year of Bowie. 

If I had a time machine, I'd be popping along to that one to see for myself! 

23 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Avril Lavigne was a dreadful joke back in the early 00's, let alone twenty years later ffs. Absolutely baffling. 

People that were in primary school and grew up listening to her/sugababes are now the main age group that are at glastonbury - so ofcourse it’s going to be heaving when people just wanna have a good time/singalong! 

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

Somehow I managed to see Shania Twain and get in pretty close back at other for Avril. Nothing was stopping be getting in there as long as it was safe.

It was absolutely rammed but if you went straight there and didn't faff around it was fine.

We left straight away, got there and it was busy but fine (people sitting etc), went back to Hive for food then walked back with it and just about managed to get back into our mates who were near the disabled platform on the left side (facing stage).

It was clearly a mistake though regardless

13 minutes ago, stuie said:

The 'estimated' number that's always referred to is 250,000 in 2000, the year of Bowie. 

If I had a time machine, I'd be popping along to that one to see for myself! 

Might just nip in and out again …. Quite like the sanitised version post superfence era maybe up to 2018 ish 

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

And then theres the wider point regarding hat were 120,000 people doing at Avril Lavigne. See also Sugababes.

People love the nostalgia acts. It doesn't seem to matter if they're any good or not. As long as they remember them from first time around.