2025 Headliners

13 hours ago, archiegow said:

While this is a thread for headliners, I would love to see Travis on the farm next year! Saw them opening for the Killers last month and they were great!

Agreed. I wasn't that fussed about what I heard on record before I booked but they play very well and have a great frontman, so I was very much won over from seeing their spot.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

SZA has disproven the idea that Glastonbury ticket holders are sufficiently open-minded enough to give anyone a crack of the whip, and that no headliner will ever walk out to an empty Pyramid field.

Rather than take another gamble I think they'll retreat to safer bookings next year.  I'd include Fred Again and O-Rod as safe bets, but rather than e.g. Nick Cave they're more likely to fall back on someone like Liam Gallagher for the 'real music' folk.

Yeah this makes me really sad. 

I dont actually like SZA myself but it was still a little depressing. 

People on socials celebrating it like they won by her having a small crowd. 

Anyone who says - shouldn't have to google the headliners..  need to realise that they are criticising there own limited music taste and not the artist. 

Sadly to many of Glastonbury atendees switched of to trying new things 10-15  years ago. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Anyone who says - shouldn't have to google the headliners..  need to realise that they are criticising there own limited music taste and not the artist. 

Sadly to many of Glastonbury atendees switched of to trying new things 10-15  years ago. 

Yeah this, people who wear ignorance as a badge of honour continually baffle me. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Unfortunately true.  Some of my mates, who are lifelong music fans, have also kind of fallen into this nostalgia trap and don't really listen to anything post-2010.  Listening to acts I don't know who appear on the line up is one of my favourite things about the G build up.  I get to discover around 2-5 acts I really love every year.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Unfortunately true.  Some of my mates, who are lifelong music fans, have also kind of fallen into this nostalgia trap and don't really listen to anything post-2010.  Listening to acts I don't know who appear on the line up is one of my favourite things about the G build up.  I get to discover around 2-5 acts I really love every year.

Oh absolutely. I love the journey from reading the words like Mannequin Pussy on the line up going what on earth is that. 

Diving into there music loving there songs. 

Recommending them to other people like I've known them for years.

Then enjoying there music in the Woodsies tent. 

Gives me at least 5 new acts involve every year. 

My only struggle is how little of the line up I can make a dent listening to between  it being announced and the festival 

Edited by Ben7amin_

2 hours ago, Ben7amin_ said:

I kind of see it differently. I thought people seeing her at the top of the bill would've then gone on and listen to her thinking, "Oh, SZA must be good if she's headlining Glastonbury."

With access to streaming, it's never been easier to check stuff out, especially a headliner for the UK's primo festival.

17 hours ago, Sorcha17 said:

Friday
Pyramid - Fred Again.., Sabrina Carpenter, Tears for Fears, Luke Combs, Travis, The Darkness
Other - Biffy Clyro, Anderson .Paak, Snow Patrol, Kneecap, Vanessa Bling, The Lottery Winners, White Lies(opener)
West Holts - Nile Rodgers and Chic, Cypress Hill, 070 Shake, Yussef Dayes, Elmiene
Woodsies - Pendulum, Garbage, TBA(Wolf Alice), Skrapz, Waxahatchee
Park - Self Esteem, Denzel Curry, Atarashii Gakko!, The Lemon Twigs, Dubiousa Kolecktiv

Saturday
Pyramid - Lady Gaga, Noah Kahan, Jorja Smith, The Libertines, Teddy Swims, Ash
Other - Chase and Status, Rema, CMAT, Dom Dolla, Everything Everything, Enter Shikari
West Holts - Solange, Amaarae, Killer Mike, Fat Dog, Tiken Jah Fakoly
Woodsies - Robyn, Bastille, Shaboozey, Big Thief, Lizzy Mcalpine
Park - Pavement, Sublime, TBA(Franz Ferdinand) Orville Peck, Been Stellar

Sunday
Pyramid - Stevie Wonder, Paramore, Hozier, Robbie Williams, Rag N Bone Man, Heather Small
Other - Charli XCX, Elbow, Chappell Roan, Sigrid, The Wombats, Hot Milk
West Holts - Underworld, The Marley Brothers, T-Pain, Baaba Maal, Yaya Bey
Woodsies - Bastille, Mac Demarco, Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes, Bleachers, Say She She
Park - Gabriels, Pinkpantheress, Armand Hammer, Clown Core, Bartees Strange

I would take that. Killer Mike would be rammed though, could perhaps even headline West Holts on his own.

Plenty of clashes though. Gives me the feels for pre-fest planning.

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

18 hours ago, Sorcha17 said:

Friday
Pyramid - Fred Again.., Sabrina Carpenter, Tears for Fears, Luke Combs, Travis, The Darkness
Other - Biffy Clyro, Anderson .Paak, Snow Patrol, Kneecap, Vanessa Bling, The Lottery Winners, White Lies(opener)
West Holts - Nile Rodgers and Chic, Cypress Hill, 070 Shake, Yussef Dayes, Elmiene
Woodsies - Pendulum, Garbage, TBA(Wolf Alice), Skrapz, Waxahatchee
Park - Self Esteem, Denzel Curry, Atarashii Gakko!, The Lemon Twigs, Dubiousa Kolecktiv

Saturday
Pyramid - Lady Gaga, Noah Kahan, Jorja Smith, The Libertines, Teddy Swims, Ash
Other - Chase and Status, Rema, CMAT, Dom Dolla, Everything Everything, Enter Shikari
West Holts - Solange, Amaarae, Killer Mike, Fat Dog, Tiken Jah Fakoly
Woodsies - Robyn, Bastille, Shaboozey, Big Thief, Lizzy Mcalpine
Park - Pavement, Sublime, TBA(Franz Ferdinand) Orville Peck, Been Stellar

Sunday
Pyramid - Stevie Wonder, Paramore, Hozier, Robbie Williams, Rag N Bone Man, Heather Small
Other - Charli XCX, Elbow, Chappell Roan, Sigrid, The Wombats, Hot Milk
West Holts - Underworld, The Marley Brothers, T-Pain, Baaba Maal, Yaya Bey
Woodsies - Bastille, Mac Demarco, Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes, Bleachers, Say She She
Park - Gabriels, Pinkpantheress, Armand Hammer, Clown Core, Bartees Strange

Bastille on there twice 

48 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Absolutely bizarre idea that Pulp headline the Pyramid. That’s absolutely not going to happen. 

I have no idea if they are even going to be playing festivals next summer.....but if they were booked to headline they'd get a big crowd. Wouldn't be Coldplay or Elton big but they'd definitely get a great turn out with the mixed demographic at Glasto.

They won't sub the Pyramid to a pop star as some have suggested. Just don't see it happening. Only way I could see them subbing is if it was before a legend.

My bet is they don't even play at all though. 

7 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

It's not a nostalgia trap. It's called getting old and that pattern of music stagnation is by far the norm. New music is for the kids and the few who want to stay in touch. Remember, this forum is full of us outliers. I try and stay in touch and my mates see me like all knowing savant when it comes to new music, but on here, I often feel way behind the curve...

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Huge L not booking her this year

Still very surprised her and Chappell Roan weren’t slam dunk bookings this year but fairly confident of seeing both of them next year somewhere on the line up.

27 minutes ago, goldfishboy said:

reckon Sabrina would sub for O Rod or is she bigger than that?

On a normal year she'd maybe be third down? Depends on whether she maintains popularity over the next 6 months after her album comes out or whether it cools down a tad

3 hours ago, Benjsh said:

I have no idea if they are even going to be playing festivals next summer.....but if they were booked to headline they'd get a big crowd. Wouldn't be Coldplay or Elton big but they'd definitely get a great turn out with the mixed demographic at Glasto.

They won't sub the Pyramid to a pop star as some have suggested. Just don't see it happening. Only way I could see them subbing is if it was before a legend.

My bet is they don't even play at all though. 

Not sure if anyone else has suggested this, but could they just fully be the legend slot? I know they’re not as big as recent ones but within the UK they’d fit the bill and recent legends have proven that they don't need to be that old. I think legend slot is more likely than sub or headliner. Jarvis has been a friend of the festival and legend slot would be a great send off if this is the last proper tour.