2025 Headliners

3 minutes ago, incident said:

Can you point us towards the odds? I can't find anyone currently offering any.

As a general rule of thumb, if the bookies are indeed offering actual odds then by definition there's very little chance they have all 3 names right. Historically it holds true that as soon as an act starts attracting a flurry of bets (ie there's people with knowledge looking to take free money off the bookies), then the act gets quietly removed from the list.

This is why Oasis are always in the list of likely headliners lol - some people must have thown away quite a lot of cash on them headlining over the years

Just now, Ben7amin_ said:

This is why Oasis are always in the list of likely headliners lol - some people must have thown away quite a lot of cash on them headlining over the years

Yep - any odds are basically down to which acts people are taking punts on and Oasis would be a prime candidate for that.

The other possibility which you see occasionally is that a bookie has pulled a list of names and odds out of their arse for the purposes of putting out a press release and getting some free media coverage - whilst never actually taking bets on it.

Gambling.com Glastonbury 2025 Headliners Odds 

Artist

Odds

Probability

Taylor Swift

Evens

50%

Eminem

5/4

44.4%

Spice Girls

7/4

36.4%

Rihanna

2/1

33.3%

Madonna

5/2

28.6%

Harry Styles

3/1

25%

Foo Fighters

7/2

22.2%

Dave

4/1

20%

Olivia Rodrigo

9/2

18.2%

Avril Lavigne

5/1

16.7%

Just now, Avalon_Fields said:

Artist

Odds

Probability

Taylor Swift

Evens

50%

Eminem

5/4

44.4%

Spice Girls

7/4

36.4%

Rihanna

2/1

33.3%

Madonna

5/2

28.6%

Harry Styles

3/1

25%

Foo Fighters

7/2

22.2%

Dave

4/1

20%

Olivia Rodrigo

9/2

18.2%

Avril Lavigne

5/1

16.7%

I've seen that - but it appears to be a clickbait news article that doesn't provide any kind of a source for where the names/odds came from - and crucially there doesn't seem to be anyone actually offering those (or indeed any) odds. So it should be given basically no respect.

1 minute ago, incident said:

I've seen that - but it appears to be a clickbait news article that doesn't provide any kind of a source for where the names/odds came from - and crucially there doesn't seem to be anyone actually offering those (or indeed any) odds. So it should be given basically no respect.

Yes, I can imagine, thought it was still worth sharing as it lists many of the names we keep coming back to.

Ive always thought it would be kind of funny to get a few people to drop a fiver on someone ridiculous and see if the bookies re-act and then the news outlets follow suit.

Anyone fancy joining me in placing a bet on Chumbawumba Pyramid stage headliners 2025, might need to request odd on that

10 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Ive always thought it would be kind of funny to get a few people to drop a fiver on someone ridiculous and see if the bookies re-act and then the news outlets follow suit.

Anyone fancy joining me in placing a bet on Chumbawumba Pyramid stage headliners 2025, might need to request odd on that

Get them to play Singsong And A Scrap in full and I'm there

3 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

OK, then that’s a different discussion. They didn't announce anything until the first poster, no headliners, no Legend, nothing.

So I wouldn't say that had anything to do with how GFL viewed her as an artist. She clearly did have the tunes and packed the field out.

I thought she was fine as a choice but I don't think Alanis is in the same category.

2 hours ago, incident said:

Can you point us towards the odds? I can't find anyone currently offering any.

As a general rule of thumb, if the bookies are indeed offering actual odds then by definition there's very little chance they have all 3 names right. Historically it holds true that as soon as an act starts attracting a flurry of bets (ie there's people with knowledge looking to take free money off the bookies), then the act gets quietly removed from the list.

https://www.olbg.com/news/glastonbury-2025-headliner-betting-odds-eminem-and-fred-again-now-joint-favourites-6-4-headline-pyramid-stage-next-years-festival

52 minutes ago, northernangel said:

I thought she was fine as a choice but I don't think Alanis is in the same category.

I was never in a million years going to see Shania Twain.  Would definitely be there for Alanis Morissette.  So in a way I 100% agree with you.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I was never in a million years going to see Shania Twain.  Would definitely be there for Alanis Morissette.  So in a way I 100% agree with you.

Alanis has many more well known tunes compared to Shania -   I think she would get a bigger crowd 

If you want the odds you probably have to ask and tell a bookie what you want to bet on and they will give you odds  

I know it's strange in 2024 but there is still some stuff that is not always immediately available online 

Edited by Ben7amin_

3 hours ago, Ben7amin_ said:

I actually don't know if they'll ever reunite tbf. I don't think they will because Noel clearly doesn't want to, but it feels like sod's law that no sooner do I definitively say they'll never reunite, they will.

Though I suspect if they ever did, they would do their own shows rather than Glastonbury.

On 7/31/2024 at 12:59 PM, Ben7amin_ said:

O-Rod still not rescheduled cancelled Manchester gigs.

I think if/when these are arranged for might be interesting info on the headliner convo

Rumblings she has fests booked for next summer so I would assume if Glasto is part of it they might get the first crack at announcing without the arena shows giving it away

5 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Rumblings she has fests booked for next summer so I would assume if Glasto is part of it they might get the first crack at announcing without the arena shows giving it away

Yeah can’t see any other reason now for her not to announce the re-arranged dates otherwise.

Glasto, BST, maybe Werchter and Mad Cool?

7 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Could Emily take a punt on Chappell? Cause thats 100,000+ in that field right now.  Easily will have to sub and no way in hell could she be on Other cause the crowd would still be bad

IMG_2116.jpeg

I think Chappell Roan will play R&L next and Glasto will bag Sabrina Carpenter. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Well you don't need to worry about her headlining. Not next year at any rate.

Huge L if she's not booked at all two years in a row though.

👍

5 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Check her out.....her current album "the Rise and Fall of a Midwest Princess" is a top pop masterpiece 👍

Will do later

18 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Artist

Odds

Probability

Taylor Swift

Evens

50%

Eminem

5/4

44.4%

Spice Girls

7/4

36.4%

Rihanna

2/1

33.3%

Madonna

5/2

28.6%

Harry Styles

3/1

25%

Foo Fighters

7/2

22.2%

Dave

4/1

20%

Olivia Rodrigo

9/2

18.2%

Avril Lavigne

5/1

16.7%

Headliners is an interesting one for me, as it just feels like the venn diagram of acts I want to see and acts that would get booked for the pyramid is increasingly shrinking!  I look down that list (and yes I know it's a bookies' list a year out) and I'd say there are three, maybe four acts I'd think about seeing.  And I've seen Foo Fighters a couple of times already.

And that's fine.  It says as much about where my tastes are vs what's big enough to be on there as it does about the "quality" of headliners.

But yeah, if I think about what I like to listen to there's just very few that are top-slot size.

Edited by Quark