2025 Headliners

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Security guards doing the flashmob dance to Black Lake in front of a crowd of 120 thousand people dressed as fungal spores.

We love a divorce anthem dance party let's be honest.

Seriously, I'd love nothing more than Bjork to do a greatest hits set, but as a huge huge Bjork fan she's never going to do it. The Bjorkestral shows were the closest I think you'll get. The last time she did something even resembling one was the Volta tour 16 years ago! 

4 hours ago, Rula912 said:

I doubt she would play Glastonbury. When she was at blue dot in 2022 she insisted there was no sound leak from anywhere on site. Apart  from one small tent that was well away from the main stage and the sound was turned down in that, there was no other music from anywhere. Even the food stalls were told to

switch music off 

yeah, I can’t see Glasto being inclined or able to provide that! 

8 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

She played Coachella last year, it was a bit out of the blue and she did actually crack out a solid few hits.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bjork/2023/empire-polo-club-indio-ca-63b83a67.html

Hunter, Jóga, Pluto, Isobel, Hyperballad, Aurora, You've Been Flirting Again.

I reckon if she did something like this at Glastonbury it'd go down well. Not legend slot though, maybe headlining Other, or even West Holts if she'd take it

It was an orchestral set. And she said she was gonna bust out some classics. Add in the drone show too. Cant have the drones if its not dark anyway.

14 hours ago, Skip997 said:

She’s not WH headliner material 

I disagree.  IF (big if) the festival got her, she either headlines Other or Holts IMO.  Holts might be too small if anything.

On 8/17/2024 at 2:15 PM, On The Blend said:

I genuinely think Billy being announced as topping the bill would be mocked relentlessly. SZA looks like a future-thinking punt, Billy Joel makes the fest look completely out of touch 

It wouldn't. On here maybe it would, where people worship the likes of Nick Cave.

On 7/17/2024 at 12:46 PM, Skip997 said:

Libertines- no way 

libs will have a good booking somewhere cos that's the deal for playing Pilton party, and might get forced on a stage by the eavii. acts do sometimes get forced onto a stage outside of that stage's control.

(didn't realise that was such an old post, was the first new one (new to me) when i clicked into the topic.

Edited by Neil

1 hour ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I disagree.  IF (big if) the festival got her, she either headlines Other or Holts IMO.  Holts might be too small if anything.

Not talking about size of artist, but suitability to the general vibe of that stage.

20 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Security guards doing the flashmob dance to Black Lake in front of a crowd of 120 thousand people dressed as fungal spores.

Raise your flag! Higher higher!

Could go down well at Glasto, that bit. 

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

If we're looking at stadium size acts, do the dates announced today put Catfish in the frame?

Could be a shout for Other headline, but Pyramid, no chance. Sub at best.

3 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

If we're looking at stadium size acts, do the dates announced today put Catfish in the frame?

No - other or pyramid sub

I'd maybe even rule them out entirely - two big shows to sell in near proximity which are clearly going to struggle!

Wizkid and Burna Boy in the same category (well slightly different as its more their crowd is not really at glasto)

All the chat about DEI/representation got me thinking about all the ethnicities of the headliners since The Turning Point (Jay-Z year in 2008), so I went and investigated. All the members for each band/group/artists - all of the f**kers. It took some time. Some have mixed heritage mind you, so for example, in the case of Beyonce, she has black and Spanish heritage, I marked it in both. Who knew Chris Martin's mum was from Rhodesia? A state that doesn't even exist anymore! How's that for having diversity on the stage for 2024! Massive lack of Arabic and West Asian bands at the top of the tree. Appalling in fact, especially when considering that a virtual band like the Gorillaz have bloody done it. White Irish on the other hand are massively overrepresented if you factor in the British and Irish population differences. Disgusting.

Not all the pie slices have their label, but you can find out more here - 

https://www.meta-chart.com/share/ethnicity-of-glastonbury-headliners-since-2008

image.thumb.png.5b63230a38c716569fb5699291e21956.png

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON
  • Upvote 2