2025 Headliners

1 hour ago, A Particular Grey Chihuahu said:

Get a grip, dude. Everyone is trying to ignore this, and the mods are even hinting heavily at STFU. Stop flooding the thread!

I'm saving all my downvotes every day for anyone who continues this argument because you're all tools.

I don't even know why you're singling me out. I wasn't the one being a total tool to a lot of members on the forums, calling us all sycophants, loyalists, dumb, narrow-minded, uniformed, simply because we didn't think an orchestra playing Bach or an Opera or something would be a good idea.

Can't believe people like you exist where you'd rather defend a troll than people who stand up against the troll. 

Also, kudos for continuing this on even longer now after everyone (including me) tried to move it on.

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

13 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Surely if that's true, it puts them in the frame?

They'd be too big of a draw for an Other Stage headline slot. 

ive not read it as im not able but isnt the presumption that they'd take a big payday as opposed to Glastonbury ?

34 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Surely if that's true, it puts them in the frame?

They'd be too big of a draw for an Other Stage headline slot. 

Headlining Pyramid or bust for them, there wouldn't be any other slot they'd probably accept 

At a push could they do Legends slot? 

18 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

ive not read it as im not able but isnt the presumption that they'd take a big payday as opposed to Glastonbury ?

100%. Any reunion would, on the first go around at least, be about picking up the big paydays. Glastonbury would be a long shot at best. Just like this rumour being true (when all the others haven't been) is a long shot.

Times article says the rumour is they’ve booked 10 nights at Wembley (beating Taylor Swift) and that there’s a rumour Glastonbury headline “may be added to their schedule”. Nothing concrete except that Liam Gallagher apparently sent a tweet to a fan saying “see you down the front”. Still seems just a rumour but definitely maybe they’ll headline 2025 …

21 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Headlining Pyramid or bust for them, there wouldn't be any other slot they'd probably accept 

Pyramid headliners all day long, not a chance would they accept the Legend slot. 

It would easily be the most talked about headline slot in years. 

Edited by WhoOdyssey

56 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I expect so, and that's certainly what most think, however in 2000 they sold out a number of UK stadiums before being announced as Reading/Leeds headliners. That said, I'd expect their big return to be at their own gigs, with maybe Glasto lined up next time around

2 hours ago, Sitruc97 said:

I’d expect this headline from the s*n or daily star, but is The Times a bit of an odd one to run this story?

The veneer of respectability they have makes me think this could be more reputable than some other links for Oasis reunions I've seen in the past. And certainly the traffic has been building up for this exact rumour for a while.

Admittedly the fact I once found Noel Gallagher boring when seeing him at a Paris festival means I was unlikely to get involved anyway.

8 minutes ago, LinvoyPrimus said:

Just to break up the Oasis chat with some Fred Again… at Reading - yeah, the “he’s not big enough to do Glastonbury” takes are starting to look more and more ridiculous.

Crowd is tres large. Production seems well improved since his last trip to the Farm.

its the stage that makes the difference. When you have that much led screen it makes everyone in the back feel like theyre in it just like in the front. Coachella has had this type of stage for 8 years and counting. Makes a big difference. Pyramid doesnt have this so he will have to keep the energy up to make up for the lack of immersion. He has retooled the set though. Just keep the talking down and make it fun. Itll go off well.

Edited by Suprefan

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

its the stage that makes the difference. When you have that much led screen it makes everyone in the back feel like theyre in it just like in the front. Coachella has had this type of stage for 8 years and counting. Makes a big difference. Pyramid doesnt have this so he will have to keep the energy up to make up for the lack of immersion. He has retooled the set though. Just keep the talking down and make it fun. Itll go off well.

Dua Lipa's headlineset had enough lights, visuals, and lasers to keep the vibes good at the back of the hill. No big crazy screens required.

11 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

If they did the Legends slot, could be one of the biggest legend acts they've ever had. Noel on his own got a hefty crowd in 2022. But a 30-year anniversary of What's the Story Morning Glory would be MASSIVE. 

Remember listening to it on a cassette player on school trips, lol, crunching through tracks. I'm not even a big fan but would probably attend