2025 Headliners

1 hour ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Sorry, what do you mean? Coachella want them for next year?

Paul Tollet  from Goldenvoice always wanted to get Oasis back together.  I'm pretty sure that he will offer a carazy amount of money to make it happen. 
He did it with GNR, LCD Soundsystem, Stone roses, Blur, ACDC....he will try OASIS for sure.
The question is: do the Gallaghers want to do their very first concert (april 2025) in US? I don't think they want that, but they might pull a "warm up" gig in manchester in march to get thing started at their hometown.

13 minutes ago, douglasmanso said:

Paul Tollet  from Goldenvoice always wanted to get Oasis back together.  I'm pretty sure that he will offer a carazy amount of money to make it happen. 
He did it with GNR, LCD Soundsystem, Stone roses, Blur, ACDC....he will try OASIS for sure.
The question is: do the Gallaghers want to do their very first concert (april 2025) in US? I don't think they want that, but they might pull a "warm up" gig in manchester in march to get thing started at their hometown.

The Stone Roses did a few dates around Europe before coming to the UK for their 2012 reunion tour. In fact they could even save the UK for last and treat it like a real homecoming.

32 minutes ago, Joey Peeps said:

If Oasis do it next year that's an Elton sized crowd they're pulling, maybe even bigger (if that's possible).

I agree. Unless the other stage headliner is a huge pop act - which I doubt it since no one would want to share the spotlight with Oasis.

Edited by douglasmanso

1 hour ago, douglasmanso said:

The question is: do the Gallaghers want to do their very first concert (april 2025) in US? I don't think they want that, but they might pull a "warm up" gig in manchester in march to get thing started at their 

Ah fair enough. Thanks for explaining. Why would the first gig have to be in April or at Coachella tho? Couldn't they just do warm ups before the festivals and their Manc/London shows begin?

40 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I’m going Coldplay sized because of the marmite factor still bloody massive though 

Yeah, don't think they're quite at Elton level. 80k maybe, but there's a fair decent portion of people who never even liked them at all in the 90s. Those ppl might have mellowed as they grew older but I think a fair amount of ppl still don't like them.

13 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Yeah, don't think they're quite at Elton level. 80k maybe, but there's a fair decent portion of people who never even liked them at all in the 90s. Those ppl might have mellowed as they grew older but I think a fair amount of ppl still don't like them.

coldplay was rumoured to be 100k I think .... Elton was definately more 

3 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Sorry, what do you mean? Coachella want them for next year?

Yeah..... go check the brit pop love. Blur, stone roses, oasis, the verve etc. they can afford it. If you want to avoid the band mucking up a Glasto headline slot then get it out of the way on a different continent. Everyone will have bought their tickets to Wembley and Manchester already by the time January rolls around. You would draw the contingent of fans that did get tickets to the summer and that are willing to travel for first crack. Livestream would be worldwide and if it actually went off well then you have momentum moving into the summer. And you market to north america so a potential return to the u.s , canada and easily mexico have heightened interest. There was a lot of desire for No Doubt to play more shows after their Coachella gigs but it wasnt in the cards. Nostalgia is a helluva drug. No way they play stadiums though, but if theyre smart on booking shows over here then itll be a success and they pull this off without having to risk half empty arenas cause they got greedy.

30 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

coldplay was rumoured to be 100k I think .... Elton was definately more 

Wowsers. 100k after the 5th time. Seems like there really is no need to reinvent the wheel, lol. 

I think, unless they increase capacity by some crazy number, Elton will never be topped. 

17 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Yeah..... go check the brit pop love. Blur, stone roses, oasis, the verve etc. they can afford it. If you want to avoid the band mucking up a Glasto headline slot then get it out of the way on a different continent. Everyone will have bought their tickets to Wembley and Manchester already by the time January rolls around. You would draw the contingent of fans that did get tickets to the summer and that are willing to travel for first crack. Livestream would be worldwide and if it actually went off well then you have momentum moving into the summer. And you market to north america so a potential return to the u.s , canada and easily mexico have heightened interest. There was a lot of desire for No Doubt to play more shows after their Coachella gigs but it wasnt in the cards. Nostalgia is a helluva drug. No way they play stadiums though, but if theyre smart on booking shows over here then itll be a success and they pull this off without having to risk half empty arenas cause they got greedy.

This makes a lot of sense

13 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Yeah, makes sense. Guess we'll have to see how many dates there are tomorrow. IF there's even dates and it's not just merch or something like that (don't wanna jinx it).

54 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Agree with this. I don’t think they’ll match Elton’s crowd but Coldplay/Stones level probably

1 hour ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Ah fair enough. Thanks for explaining. Why would the first gig have to be in April or at Coachella tho? Couldn't they just do warm ups before the festivals and their Manc/London shows begin?

Just a supposition if they want to do their first public appearence back home instead in a US festival that they clearly don' like it.  Just that.

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Just to add, I think people underestimate the popularity of Oasis in America. They've always enjoyed a healthy level of success over there, and on their last tour they were selling out venues like the Staples Center. Coachella, Lollapalooza, Bonnaroo, or wherever else, if any US festivals get them they headline without question.

6 hours ago, charlierc said:

Must've seen Pulp and Blur doing well on their reunion shows last year and the numbers for Liam's own unashamedly Oasis nostalgia shows this year and gone "f**k it let's show them"

😅 Yeah, could well be a competitive thing...or bad investments lol.

For the sake of discourse — Elton is obviously a bigger icon but a reformed Oasis Pyramid set in 2025 gets a bigger crowd in my opinion. More appeal amongst younger generations and general punters - of course not that Elton doesn’t have that, but not to the same degree that Oasis do. Top that with the anticipation and advantage they have that it would be reform show with major hype in the run-up, I don’t think it would even be close. In 2027 then maybe not.

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Not a f**king chance they do the first gig anywhere else than one of Wembley/Knebworth/Glasto/Manchester

25 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Not a f**king chance they do the first gig anywhere else than one of Wembley/Knebworth/Glasto/Manchester

There are plenty of European and American festivals that take place prior to late June. As I said elsewhere, the Stone Roses did a small tour of Europe in 2012 before returning to the UK for their Heaton Park dates.

I am in the camp thinking that IF they do Glastonbury it will be mental numbers. They have huge appeal across generations plus it will be so hyped that even many who are not hugely arsed about Oasis normally would get dragged along by the buzz. Probably the only band that has my 18 and 21 yr olds hinting at me to include them in chasing Oasis tickets next summer. The 21 yo has done Glastonbury and dance music is his thing ordinarily but even he is all over this. 

Personally think they will end up doing Glastonbury next summer and, either way, unless it's ruled out by their tour dates elsewhere clashing then the ticket frenzy has just got harder than ever - a fallow yr to follow and now folk assuming them! 

Edited by SPW

3 minutes ago, Meerkat said:

Not that you should take anything he tweets seriously but Liam did call Coachella a “pathetic festival” last year

Coachella is one hundred percent not an Oasis audience these days. They'd be mad to play there and I'm certain they wouldn't even entertain it. Blur got the slow handclap treatment didn't they this year?

Those American kids in the desert don't want bands and people who have written timeless songs. They want the latest hit they have heard on tiktok / Instagram by some bland RnB or hip hop artist. Used to be a festival line up drop which made the world stop and gasp. Now it's just ridiculed mostly. 

Thankfully Glasto still retains enough of its roots to avoid joining them.