2025 Headliners

1 hour ago, DickButkis said:

Still not having that they would have their opening gig of the tour at Cardiff over Manchester unless something bigger was beforehand. 

Think there’s a risk of reading too much into that. Sounds like this was all planned pretty quickly, and if so they’ll just have taken what they could get. 

4 minutes ago, ThePope said:

The stones set wasn’t televised in 2013, was it? 

Forgot about that. Not live but a delay. Still think it’s a non starter though. Of course, grasping at straws here, the festival might consider delaying the fallow year and have them on 2026😊😉

4 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I’m not that bothered if they’re not at Glastonbury, I’d watch them if they were, but the circus that would go with it, the ticket day maybe harder than ever, if there’s a guitars headliner let it be Bruuuce!

I’m up for that. Reckon next year will be the last chance to get him back. If it’s guitar bands Would love to see Sam Fender on the farm as well

12 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Got to be room for both. SZA-gate would be forgotten in an instant. Get a Sabrina or Bruno Mars type act in for the Sunday night, jobs a good-un.

Nah - they're too similar a proposition.  They'll be trying to balance things out a bit better than that.

3 minutes ago, nectarofthegods said:

Nobody else observing that they are playing every weekend of the summer and start right after Glastonbury weekend? To me when I saw the dates that was a guarantee. 

They are not Playing Glastonbury.................. if they did a festival, which they won't, it would be IOW who pay loads.

There is no purpose to them at all to do GF which is why it has been ruled out.

49 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Do you know roughly what time this was?

Between 8 and 9 this morning they reported it live at 8 and then did an interview with someone who recently interviewed Noel. Then they go away for a few other stories and Segway it in as a live update on the Oasis story. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Wildglastotheo said:

The July dates do seem to point to an appearance but the ‘it will not be televised’ seems quite final…

I wonder if they might do a non-televised ‘secret set’ on the pyramid as a warm up? In the style of the foos. ??

the Foos set was televised 

8 minutes ago, Wildglastotheo said:

The July dates do seem to point to an appearance but the ‘it will not be televised’ seems quite final…

I wonder if they might do a non-televised ‘secret set’ on the pyramid as a warm up? In the style of the foos. ??

Glastonbury wouldn't be their own show though. The way I'm reading it, Noel is referring to the shows announced this morning that will not be televised. I still think they will headline Glastonbury next year, it's just gonna be waiting for that official announcement.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, nectarofthegods said:

Nobody else observing that they are playing every weekend of the summer and start right after Glastonbury weekend? To me when I saw the dates that was a guarantee. 

Of course it could all be a big bluff.😉 The festival media partners, the Guardian and BBC, the band all were very quick to rule it out.  Almost coordinated statements. Maybe an announcement later when tickets are sold, any other dates added and past the Glastonbury ticket sale.

now that’s what’s called grasping at straws😉😊

3 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Seems quite unequivocal that they won't be at Glastonbury.  Some serious straw clutching going on here gang!

100% agree ... not a chance , so much stuff now saying that they wont ... I suspect Emily will also quash the rumour at some point too