2025 Headliners

52 minutes ago, incident said:

Effectively ruled out of the Sunday, and extremely unlikely for the Saturday.

The Friday could just about work logistically, but even that seems a bit of a stretch (and may get fully ruled out when the rest of the tour dates are announced).

Shut your mouth. 😄😜

10 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Hopefully past it 90s duffers Oasis don't play and still relevant, vital youngster Eminem shows up to bring a proper party.

Had to check the username... I thought this was @Skip997 writing! 

• Upvote 1

"I know you paid 200-500 quid for tickets for our shows and we said we weren't playing glasto or being televised, but we were only having a laugh and you can see whether you want to return the tickets or cancel your hotels when we play G 25"

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, sildante said:

I have to join the straw-clutchers - I would definitely not rule Oasis out the picture yet, regardless of what the promoter wrote in their press release. At least until Emily says it, which she may well do over the next week or two. The two Gallaghers, massive fans of the festival, kicking off a stadium tour the week after (...in Cardiff?). I don't believe it would be signed and sealed yet regardless, as I suspect there is a lot up-in-the-air logistically about the reunion (warm-up shows, new music, Liam & Noel getting on, additional dates, ticket sales), but I can't see why it would be completely off the table, unless GF have 3x strong headliners secured, or the band have TBA warm-up shows elsewhere that weekend.

If you choose to believe the above that one of the headliner positions has been offered to Eminem, this would mean that at least one of the headliner slots is still open.

IMG_1608.gif.a0004e7f4ecb4220d79dd4edf2cfd19c.gif

1 hour ago, sildante said:

I have to join the straw-clutchers - I would definitely not rule Oasis out the picture yet, regardless of what the promoter wrote in their press release. At least until Emily says it, which she may well do over the next week or two. The two Gallaghers, massive fans of the festival, kicking off a stadium tour the week after (...in Cardiff?).

The tour starting in Cardiff is irrelevant. Whether they are playing Glastonbury or not, they are not starting in Cardiff because it is a whole HOUR closer to Glastonbury than London is. 

They are it in Cardiff because of some other practicality (availability of stadium etc) not because of its proximity for a trip they would have a week to make.

Just now, strummer77 said:

The tour starting in Cardiff is irrelevant. Whether they are playing Glastonbury or not, they are not starting in Cardiff because it is a whole HOUR closer to Glastonbury than London is. 

They are it in Cardiff because of some other practicality (availability of stadium etc) not because of its proximity for a trip they would have a week to make.

That's not what I meant by that. I'm not talking about travel logistics.

What I'm saying is, Oasis kicking off their highly anticipated first reunion show after a 16 years hiatus in ...Cardiff, rather than a stage in Manchester or London or Glastonbury, would be quite an odd placement. Not unthinkable, and it might well be the case, but odd nonetheless.

I am sure there will be some more intimate warm up shows announced closer to the time, likely in Manchester. But the Pyramid stage would still be a lot more fitting for the first major show than Cardiff, considering that we know that the (big) Manchester and London shows come after. If both brothers are up for the stadium shows, I don't see why they couldn't be convinced to headline Glastonbury. And if they're up for it, there are hardly any reasons I can think of why the Emily/GF team would not be trying to make that happen as we speak. 

15 minutes ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Tiresome meme, there's more people complaining about old men yelling at clouds than actual old men still doing that.

There’s also a lot of people spouting their opinions as fact from both sides and getting upset when called out. 

But nice to see we’ve also got meme police on here too now.

3 minutes ago, sildante said:

What I'm saying is, Oasis kicking off their highly anticipated first reunion show after a 16 years hiatus in ...Cardiff, rather than a stage in Manchester or London or Glastonbury, would be quite an odd placement. Not unthinkable, and it might well be the case, but odd nonetheless.

I suspect maybe you're giving that aspect a bit more thought than they did. It'll be mainly down to which venue is available when, and putting it all together.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/ckg1ljn80geo

BBC aren't ruling Oasis out from Glastonbury, wonder if they've had any information... surely they'd take the European exclusive thing as ruling them out if they didn't. Especially if it helps sell tickets to the shows.

Edited by Acid_Haze

Just now, incident said:

I suspect maybe you're giving that aspect a bit more thought than they did. It'll be mainly down to which venue is available when, and putting it all together.

You're not wrong there, it may well be an afterthought. As I said in my previous post, I don't believe they are signed and sealed for Glastonbury next year as it stands, but I certainly would not rule them out until Emily says so, or the band announce other dates that weekend. A no-brainer booking for the festival, lines up perfectly with their tour, and the Gallaghers' egos get to bask in the glory of a reunion headline set.

Perhaps I'm wishful thinking, but if I'm in the GF booking team, and I'm currently looking at a headliner trio from a pool of Fred Again, Olivia Rodrigo, Sam Fender, Eminem, P!nk... The prospect of Oasis, who make any two of those acts look good beside them, and would be one of the biggest headliners of all time, would mean that I am on the phone trying to make that happen.

29 minutes ago, sildante said:

If both brothers are up for the stadium shows, I don't see why they couldn't be convinced to headline Glastonbury. And if they're up for it, there are hardly any reasons I can think of why the Emily/GF team would not be trying to make that happen as we speak. 

Surely if rumours are true then they have up to 50m reasons not to want to do that and a) take the wind out of their own sails (and sales) b) contradict the PR from this morning that they weren't doing G c) contradict their statement that said explicitly the shows wouldn't be televised? 

4 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

BBC aren't ruling Oasis out from Glastonbury, wonder if they've had any information... surely they'd take the European exclusive thing as ruling them out if they didn't. Especially if it helps sell tickets to the shows.

From that link "An Oasis spokesperson confirmed to BBC News on Tuesday afternoon that the band would not be playing Glastonbury." 

4 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

They literally are ruling them out:

image.png.686b468a2d0f3e7a08c8b2fc2e4feeb3.png

I mean yes, theoretically there could be some deceit involved. But it's like a 99% chance that they're being truthful, and people are grasping at straws.