Download 2025

Andre91

2 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I’ll take an early guess and go with… 

Fri: Sleep Token, Korn, Spiritbox 

Sat: System of a Down, Bad Omens, Killswitch Engage 

Sun: Iron Maiden, Deftones, Trivium 

Second stage headliners: Motley Crue, Idles, Bullet for My Valentine

I'd say Sleep Token, Slipknot, Iron Maiden is closer to likely.

6 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

For those in denial about Slipknot, remember they played in both 13' and 15' with an arena tour in early 2015 between that

They will have that '25th aniversary' tour (with the sabe setlists as always) as a gimmic and get away with it

The problem with Slipknot is, they shouldn't have been booked for both 13 and 15. It should have just been 2015 really as there wasn't even a new album out for the 13 appearance. Slipknot headlining Download is a worst occurrence than Coldplay headlining Glastonbury and Iron Maiden aren't much different.

30 minutes ago, northernangel said:

The problem with Slipknot is, they shouldn't have been booked for both 13 and 15. It should have just been 2015 really as there wasn't even a new album out for the 13 appearance. Slipknot headlining Download is a worst occurrence than Coldplay headlining Glastonbury and Iron Maiden aren't much different.

Pearl Jam dropped out, Slipknot stepped up. 

Having seen Slipknot multiple times I always enjoy them and they are a great headliner.

I'm from Brazil so the whole Eloy thing got pretty big over here (even my dad talked to me about that and he doesn't even listen to metal), but i don't know if it would be such a good excuse to have them back so soon

as I said, that whole 25th anniversary gimmick including old masks / suits didn't translated into a setlist change, so it will be the same gig from 2019-2023 again

38 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Pearl Jam dropped out, Slipknot stepped up. 

Having seen Slipknot multiple times I always enjoy them and they are a great headliner.

That doesn't stop avoid that they played haha. As much as I enjoyed Slipknot at Download and I've done that now, I think I probably over hyped it before the actual gig being their English home.

But in that same vein, Coldplay also put on a great show but are always called out for playing too much.

32 minutes ago, northernangel said:

That doesn't stop avoid that they played haha. As much as I enjoyed Slipknot at Download and I've done that now, I think I probably over hyped it before the actual gig being their English home.

But in that same vein, Coldplay also put on a great show but are always called out for playing too much.

if Slipknot plays in 2025 so Corey Taylor will have played 14 from 21 Downloads

I challenge Chris Martin to do that at Glasto

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, gabrielomachado said:

LIMP BIZKIT / Korn / Turnstile / Motionless in White / In This Moment / Soulfly / Vended

for a Apex Friday run

My immediate thought was a co-headline with Korn too, I think it makes sense, both would be seen as weak headliners on their own, but both could easily justify a co-headline slot

• Like 1

Friday
Apex: Aerosmith / Bullet for my Valentine / Trivium / Killswitch Engage / Converge
Opus: The Prodigy / Creed / Malevolence / Loathe
Avalanche:  Less Than Jake
Dogtooth: Panopticon
Wildcard: Mannequin Pussy, letlive.

Saturday
Apex: Sleep Token / Gojira / Bad Omens / Electric Callboy / Spiritbox
Opus: Alice Cooper / Dream Theatre / Buckcherry / High on Fire
Avalanche: Black Flag
Dogtooth: Jeff Rosenstock
Wildcard: Civerous, Ashenspire

Sunday
Apex: Iron Maiden / Five Finger Death Punch / Lamb of God / Amon Amarth / Blind Guardian
Opus: Idles / Turnstile / Denzel Curry / Knocked Loose
Avalanche: The Chats
Dogtooth: Queensrÿche
Wildcard: Tomb Mold, Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs 

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

Friday
Apex: Aerosmith / Bullet for my Valentine / Trivium / Killswitch Engage / Converge
Opus: The Prodigy / Creed / Malevolence / Loathe
Avalanche:  Less Than Jake
Dogtooth: Panopticon
Wildcard: Mannequin Pussy, letlive.

Saturday
Apex: Sleep Token / Gojira / Bad Omens / Electric Callboy / Spiritbox
Opus: Alice Cooper / Dream Theatre / Buckcherry / High on Fire
Avalanche: Black Flag
Dogtooth: Jeff Rosenstock
Wildcard: Civerous, Ashenspire

Sunday
Apex: Iron Maiden / Five Finger Death Punch / Lamb of God / Amon Amarth / Blind Guardian
Opus: Idles / Turnstile / Denzel Curry / Knocked Loose
Avalanche: The Chats
Dogtooth: Queensrÿche
Wildcard: Tomb Mold, Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs 

Can’t see Aerosmith at all but the rest looks good. IDLES headline that stage would be a master stroke, especially after how good of a crowd Soft Play got on Friday. I also think Malev and Knocked Loose would be mid main stage next year if they were to play. 

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Can’t see Aerosmith at all but the rest looks good. IDLES headline that stage would be a master stroke, especially after how good of a crowd Soft Play got on Friday. I also think Malev and Knocked Loose would be mid main stage next year if they were to play. 

All I'm thinking is it's probably Download's final ever chance to have them back and they'll take it. Looking at the rest of the pool I think SOAD are just a wishlist for people with nothing to suggest a big return, and I can't bring myself to put Slipknot on a 2025 prediction. 

Maybe they grab Aerosmith while they can and Maiden is instead a string of arenas or a couple stadiums. 

Korn bump-up also not a horrible idea.