Download 2025

Andre91

3 hours ago, Turbo Lover said:

From The Mirror. Either they changed plans or this is just wishful thinking. No source mentioned, no oline article. 

r/downloadfestival - Iron Maiden

22 minutes ago, gabrielomachado said:

can't they add a 4th day on thursday again for a Knotfest (Mainstage only)? Maiden and Slipknot again would be really boring and a downgrade of the 'Download 2.0' thing

Unless Maiden are doing an arena tour separate and playing this. But yes Maiden, Slipknot and say Sleep Token or Parkway Drive headlining would be the ultimate bore and a case of the biggest options are there so they are booking them.

Download need to get past booking the festival as if they are competing with a festival that hasn't taken place in 10 years.

I asked a few questions around and apparently Maiden is headlining Donington. I don't know if the UK tour is happening at all, but maybe it will later in the year? Bruce Dickinson also quite confirmed this during his Swansea show by saying "see you in a muddy field soon". 

If this is true for real what a waste for Maiden fans. 

Maiden, Slipknot and Sleep Token it is. Hopefully the rest of the bands will surprise us, or Download 25 will go down as one of the most boring edition ever. 

10 hours ago, Andre91 said:

The weekend was well attended. I think they’ll stick to the formula of this year. 

It's an odd move to just eliminate a whole chunk of your customer base. How many who went this year will go back given the mud and technical issues, and money concerns like I mentioned.

6 hours ago, Turbo Lover said:

From The Mirror. Either they changed plans or this is just wishful thinking. No source mentioned, no oline article. 

r/downloadfestival - Iron Maiden

Wouldn't be a shock at all.

Slipknot, Iron Maiden and NIN or Pearl Jam would be a good mix.

4 minutes ago, Rusty Spoon said:

Slipknot and Maiden would be boring as f**k but would probably also sell far better than this year so I can see both angles.

This year was 75.000, last time Maiden headlined was 65.000 (and the weather was good, something we'll never see again)

37 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

It's an odd move to just eliminate a whole chunk of your customer base. How many who went this year will go back given the mud and technical issues, and money concerns like I mentioned.

Wouldn't be a shock at all.

Slipknot, Iron Maiden and NIN or Pearl Jam would be a good mix.

If anyone doesn’t come back because it rained and was muddy, they’re a massive baby. If you packed for it, it wasn’t an issue. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Based on the Iron Maiden and Slipknot rumours… 

They didn’t have the logos for the bands I can see headlining Dogtooth. 

IMG_3614.jpeg

Feeder on Avalanche as a throwback is a quality shout. I'd be there over Maiden any day of the week, they still put on a good show and they've got the tunes.