Download 2025

Andre91

2 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

And Korn just sold out Gunnersbury Park so go on, tell me which of the newer bands can do that? Sleep Token yes, Ghost yes, and then? 

Yes them selling it out is impressive, my point wasn’t to knock Korn. I thought you were saying that because they always pull a big crowd at Download they should therefore automatically headline. Which doesn’t ring true on its own, otherwise Skindred would be headlining. 

Yes we know there are a lack of sufficient ‘new bands’ that can shift headliner numbers. For what it’s worth I don’t think Parkway Drive, Idles, Bad Omens or Falling in Reverse would be far off doing Gunnersbury, perhaps not a full sell out but they’d be capable of shifting enough tickets to make it viable. 

I think Korn’s issue at Download is that they’ve been over booked and they’re pigeonholed into the sub slot. Could they headline without it being a disaster? Sure. Are they going to be top of Andy’s wish list of headliners? No, why would they be when he knows he could get them to sub again… 

4 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

One single person on the Download forums said that they’d ’heard it from a reliable source’ and, with the shortage of any other rumours, it’s been taken as fact ha ha.

It's been posted elsewhere but putting it here or on Reddit just gets weird people sending you angry messages, even after what you said turned out accurate 😅 

• Upvote 1

On 8/14/2024 at 2:50 PM, Andre91 said:

We’re getting AC/DC on the Saturday, I’m telling you. 

Current stage show is really scaled back and very festival friendly. 

Sleep Token or Ghost, AC/DC & Slipknot. 

Doesn't seem a million miles away tbh.

There's a fair bit of chatter on the AC/DC fan forum about some 2025 action.

Although I feel that Copping wouldn't pass up on Maiden's 50th anniversary.

So maybe:

Main: Maiden, AC/DC, Slipknot 

Second: Ghost + 2 contemporary/metalcore acts that Copping will take credit for making stars of.

I'm always terrible at this though. Waiting patiently to be proved 100% wrong 😂

3 hours ago, SweetJesus said:

Isn't Ghost already announced that they will do headline shows next year, not festivals?

Yeap, 100% out of DL next year I did post not so long ago met Andy before Avenged Sevenfold came on and mentioned the Ghost teasers at DL this year I thought they were going to announce them to headline next year, his words were we did ask but they want to do a tour instead celebrating the release of the movie, but 26 is a possibility.

Mikey Way from MCR teasing them playing The Black Parade in full in the near future. Could see this being something that Andy would book if they tour it and bring it to Europe. Would be the perfect set for them to play on their return to European festivals and it's 20 years old in 2026. I would say it puts them in the mix for the next couple of years.

12 hours ago, dpoh7cfc7 said:

Mikey Way from MCR teasing them playing The Black Parade in full in the near future. Could see this being something that Andy would book if they tour it and bring it to Europe. Would be the perfect set for them to play on their return to European festivals and it's 20 years old in 2026. I would say it puts them in the mix for the next couple of years.

They're playing it in full at When We Were Young https://www.whenwewereyoungfestival.com/

59 minutes ago, Judas Yeast said:

There is a fairly expensive headliner lined up for next year so definitely expect a cheaper one to make up for it. Sounds like that was the idea with Sleep Token anyway so might see another band bumped up instead which could be exciting

Do you know something Judas? Was it yourself who had the inside line last year?

8 minutes ago, OKMess said:

Do you know something Judas? Was it yourself who had the inside line last year?

I did but I wasn't 100% sure. Turned out he'd told me completely correct information which was a relief! I've been told the name of a headliner which is in the final stages which would be a pretty big get if it happens but we'll see. No guarantees yet. Also told me Sleep Token were in deep talks back in June but seems they've rejected an offer. They weren't sure if another offer has been made or if it's dead in the water though. 

Basically I have some vague information but nothing confirmed 😅 I just like the speculation of what band could take the step up if the Sleep Token rejection is true and they need a cheaper headliner

3 hours ago, Judas Yeast said:

I did but I wasn't 100% sure. Turned out he'd told me completely correct information which was a relief! I've been told the name of a headliner which is in the final stages which would be a pretty big get if it happens but we'll see. No guarantees yet. Also told me Sleep Token were in deep talks back in June but seems they've rejected an offer. They weren't sure if another offer has been made or if it's dead in the water though. 

Basically I have some vague information but nothing confirmed 😅 I just like the speculation of what band could take the step up if the Sleep Token rejection is true and they need a cheaper headliner

AC/DC perhaps 👀

26 minutes ago, Judas Yeast said:

Na, I wish! Could still be another of the headliners but I've heard nothing about them being interested at all

Ah that’s a shame! Didn’t manage to get to their shows this year due to already booked commitments so hope they turn up at Download one last time in the near future

12 hours ago, FeverDream said:

Ah that’s a shame! Didn’t manage to get to their shows this year due to already booked commitments so hope they turn up at Download one last time in the near future

Yeah I missed their shows too! Would absolutely love to see them do Download but it seems like unlikely considering they can sell out Wembley Stadium!

(Also I keep accidentally liking comments when trying to get rid of the bloody annoying adverts on the mobile version of this forum so if anyone sees I've liked and then removed my reaction to their comment, don't read too much into it 😅)

Just caught up with the forums and want to clarify the wording. "Massive band" is being quoted to me which I never said and would only allocate to very few bands. My wording was "expensive" and that it would be a "pretty big get" for the festival. If it turns out to be true and they do sign on then very few will be able to disagree with either of those statements!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Judas Yeast said:

Just caught up with the forums and want to clarify the wording. "Massive band" is being quoted to me which I never said and would only allocate to very few bands. My wording was "expensive" and that it would be a "pretty big get" for the festival. If it turns out to be true and they do sign on then very few will be able to disagree with either of those statements!

Ah, that makes sense. The AC/DCs of the world would fit the massive bracket but the expensive and pretty big get fits the Foos/Green Day/Pearl Jam/Linkin Parks of the world. 

1 hour ago, Judas Yeast said:

SOAD? 

1 hour ago, SweetJesus said:

SOAD? 

That description doesn’t add up for System, imo. I wouldn’t consider them a ‘pretty big get’ considering they’ve headlined so many times in the past. 

MCR 

AC/DC

Green Day 

I reckon it’s one of them. 

Expensive and pretty big get to me suggests one of the following

Pearl Jam

Green Day

Foo Fighters

Blink-182

MCR

Linkin Park

I’d also maybe rule out Green Day and Blink from that because IOW got GD last year and R&L got Blink so not necessarily hard bands to book. PJ, FFs, MCR & LP would all be pretty big gets being either massive bands that haven’t done download that they’ve wanted for a while and MCR/LP since they’ve not done/doing anything in the Europe recently. 

1 minute ago, foolee said:

Expensive and pretty big get to me suggests one of the following

Pearl Jam - never doing it 

Green Day - could see it. Massive band. 

Foo Fighters - R&L bound, I am certain

Blink-182 - could see it but a third year over here might be a push 

MCR - would be the biggest of them all 

Linkin Park - don’t think they’re as big of a deal without Chester as some are thinking 

I’d also maybe rule out Green Day and Blink from that because IOW got GD last year and R&L got Blink so not necessarily hard bands to book. PJ, FFs, MCR & LP would all be pretty big gets being either massive bands that haven’t done download that they’ve wanted for a while and MCR/LP since they’ve not done/doing anything in the Europe recently.