Download 2025

Andre91

7 minutes ago, Siddey1994 said:

Sounds like whoever it is would be a pleasant surprise, but I’m going all in on Muse. Linkin Park | Muse | either Maiden or Slipknot on Sunday so I can beat the traffic 😛

I mean, it's been a while - Muse's last and indeed only Download appearance was 2015, and tbf a French metal festival called Hellfest was talking up the idea of booking them. Though admittedly this year's was headlined by Foo Fighters, who I wouldn't exactly say are the heaviest out there.

I kinda struggle to place them for next year and I say this as a big fan. TRNSMT, BST HP and this feel like possibilities though. Muse at Download '25 could depend on if the new album has anything heavy I think.

23 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I mean, it's been a while - Muse's last and indeed only Download appearance was 2015, and tbf a French metal festival called Hellfest was talking up the idea of booking them. Though admittedly this year's was headlined by Foo Fighters, who I wouldn't exactly say are the heaviest out there.

I kinda struggle to place them for next year and I say this as a big fan. TRNSMT, BST HP and this feel like possibilities though. Muse at Download '25 could depend on if the new album has anything heavy I think.

I doubt they’ll have a new album by next summer as the last was only 2 years ago, but Kill or Be Killed, Won’t Stand Down are We Are F*cking F*cked are definitely download appropriate. Sod off everything else from WOTP and keep the set heavy and they’ll go down fine.

11 hours ago, Siddey1994 said:

I doubt they’ll have a new album by next summer as the last was only 2 years ago, but Kill or Be Killed, Won’t Stand Down are We Are F*cking F*cked are definitely download appropriate. Sod off everything else from WOTP and keep the set heavy and they’ll go down fine.

Last was in 2022 so 2025 would fit their usual 3/4 year cycle, though equally, they seem to have been quite quiet so far. Could well be that they just do the odd single like they did in 2017/18 between Drones and Simulation Theory while still touring.

Though yeah - when they did Download 2015 they dropped Madness and Starlight and just played a load of Drop D heavy stuff. So they do have a precedent for that.

2 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Does anyone know if campervan tickets have sold out? Ticketmaster just says currently unavailable. Fancy a change from Leeds next year, cheers!

Hey mate, yeah they sold out the day they went on sale like they do every year.

Best bet is to get an alert set up on Twickets as there are always campervan tickets that go on sale a few days after the headliners are announced.

51 minutes ago, RedJosh said:

Hey mate, yeah they sold out the day they went on sale like they do every year.

Best bet is to get an alert set up on Twickets as there are always campervan tickets that go on sale a few days after the headliners are announced.

Much appreciated, mate round the vans at Leeds thought the same so I’ll pass the message on!

50 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Heard any hints who is doing Download? 

Linkin Park or Sleep Token

Blink, Green Day, MCR or Muse

Slipknot

Imagine if they went with LP over Sleepy T in the end that LP might end up on the Saturday instead.

Edited by RedJosh