Download 2025

Andre91

If they announce UK dates for next September that’ll likely rule them out for Download but potentially be in for 2026. 

If Sleep Token are potentially in and Green Day too and there’s another big get surely that can’t be Korn because Korn can’t be classed as a big get. This must be a Pearl Jam, Blink-182, Muse or MCR. A band along those lines anyway. If rumours are to be believed. 

19 minutes ago, foolee said:

If they announce UK dates for next September that’ll likely rule them out for Download but potentially be in for 2026. 

If Sleep Token are potentially in and Green Day too and there’s another big get surely that can’t be Korn because Korn can’t be classed as a big get. This must be a Pearl Jam, Blink-182, Muse or MCR. A band along those lines anyway. If rumours are to be believed. 

From what I've gleaned talking to a few folks and making some guesses, my thinking is something along the lines of this

- Was originally offered to Sleep Token / Big act / Smaller act

- Sleep Token bounced due to a 2nd big act (Green Day) becoming available (and not loving the fee they were offered anyway), so Green Day / Big act / Smaller act

- Other big act drop out and Sleep Token brought back in, so Sleep Token / Green Day / Smaller Act

Could be way off here, just my thinking based on what I've heard. In this example I don't think the smaller act is Korn, but someone Andy wanted more than ST or who was happy to take a smaller fee.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

From what I've gleaned talking to a few folks and making some guesses, my thinking is something along the lines of this

- Sleep Token bounced due to a 2nd big act (Green Day) becoming available (and not loving the fee they were offered anyway), so Green Day / Big act / Smaller act

- Other big act drop out and Sleep Token brought back in, so Sleep Token / Green Day / Smaller Act

Could be way off here, just my thinking based on what I've heard. In this example I don't think the smaller act is Korn, but someone Andy wanted more than ST or who was happy to take a smaller fee.

Possibly someone like NIN or Nickelback then. Or others I can’t think of. I do doubt they’ll bump Korn unless they had a massive act like AC/DC. Also can’t see them bumping Korn the same year that Sleep Token do it. 

27 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

I can't imagine who would be a 'smaller act' that they'd want more than ST. ST have all the momentum and hype. 

The LP thing I can see them pivoting from ST for. If they do have Green Day + one other expensive headliner I can see them wanting a cheaper third option. Like if they had Green Day and AC/DC then there might not be too much money in the kitty for a third headliner, but it wouldn't matter cos they'd have Green Day and AC/DC. 

I wonder if AC/DC's plans might have changed or if ST have decided they can make more money not being exclusive at RAR or something. 

If LP are doing arenas next September that probably rules them out (although they could do DL in June and announce September shows then). 

I'm still not convinced it's not Iron Maiden. I think they'll be there in either '25 or '26. If DL has them as a Euro exclusive they'd definitely be classed as a 'Big Get'. Otherwise it's all down to @Judas Yeast's personal interpretation of a 'big get'. MCR i think would be seen as such by pretty much everyone, especially if DL gets them as the first show of the tour. Pearl Jam... maybe, but only through the lens that DL has never had them before, same with Blink. Foo Fighters definitely. Metallica probably not as they only played a couple of years ago. Linkin Park... yes. 

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

This is the concern, for Sleep Token to come back in, one of those other 3 have to not be there. Maybe the smaller headliner was asked to step back like BMTH in 2016, maybe a big headliner has pulled out. 

2 hours ago, BenG92 said:

That would make sense, I think. 

Edited by Andre91

17 hours ago, K126 said:

I have zero inside knowledge personally… but was at a bbq the other night and talking to someone my sister knows well. Have known him for years myself. 

He absolutely is in the industry and has worked with loads of high level bands, been all around the world and was showing me all kinds of photos and stories etc.

One thing he did say that he was very certain of was that Linkin Park are going to do a show in the O2 at the end of September and another in Hamburg. So we’ll see if that comes true first…

Then also mentioned that the big rumour is that AC/DC are the big name this year.

Slipknot , AC/DC, Sleep Token? 

Well, you were spot on, Linkin Park playing those 2 places this month. 

So yeah, AC/DC are now the most reliable rumour we have. 

17 hours ago, K126 said:

I have zero inside knowledge personally… but was at a bbq the other night and talking to someone my sister knows well. Have known him for years myself. 

He absolutely is in the industry and has worked with loads of high level bands, been all around the world and was showing me all kinds of photos and stories etc.

One thing he did say that he was very certain of was that Linkin Park are going to do a show in the O2 at the end of September and another in Hamburg. So we’ll see if that comes true first…

Then also mentioned that the big rumour is that AC/DC are the big name this year.

Well…the Linkin Park thing was right. What about 2025? Linkin Park back in Europe?

13 hours ago, K126 said:

nope.. unless I heard incorrectly he meant this one. Think he said 26th..28th maybe.

they are playing in LA tonight after announcing a week ago. So it’s not impossible at all

Kudos there

13 hours ago, BenG92 said:

It's for next year, they've already got everything lined up, not that crazy these days to be selling tickets a year in advance.

Turns out he was right

6 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Well, you were spot on, Linkin Park playing those 2 places this month. 

So yeah, AC/DC are now the most reliable rumour we have. 

I don't see why this couldn't happen next year, they only need tickets to sell out this Friday to be able to announce or at the very least the last week of this month. We don't get Download lineup until early November anyway.

Glad it was true so I didn’t look like a dork! Ha

he told me this last weekend, wish I had posted sooner. 

Fingers crossed for AC/DC. They are still superb live and will bring an army of fans. 
That being said, the LP thing was told as a definite, AC/DC was simply a ‘I’ve heard this’ as a rumour. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

https://www.billboard.com/music/rock/linkin-park-singer-tour-album-cover-story-interview-1235766805/

Talks of lots of touring in 2025. Feel like it would be a massive miss for Download not to get Linkin Park on the comeback, rather than wait till 2026 or later.

19 minutes ago, BlackFoxx said:

https://www.billboard.com/music/rock/linkin-park-singer-tour-album-cover-story-interview-1235766805/

Talks of lots of touring in 2025. Feel like it would be a massive miss for Download not to get Linkin Park on the comeback, rather than wait till 2026 or later.

A female fronted main stage headliner at last.

I wonder how long before AC claims the diversity points.

God that was cynical.

On 9/5/2024 at 6:38 AM, K126 said:

Fair play, 100% right with the date regarding Linkin Park, makes it interesting now the same person mentioned AC/DC.

Wonder if Linkin Park will do a double pay day at Reading & Leeds instead of Download?

Edited by BrutalLegend