Download 2025

Andre91

2 hours ago, Turbo Lover said:

Linkin Park is doing another festival. 

Now that is interesting. Didn't believe they were doing Download but thought that's because they were touring and would add festivals as part of the continuous world tour in 2026. Strange that another festival got them first, especially as they don't fit with R+L anymore

3 hours ago, charlierc said:

Well, if Yungblud can do his own festival at MK Bowl, and Slipknot previously announced one for 2020 that got canned due to some pandemic or other, the idea of reviving a Knotfest UK concept might not be out of the question.

Slipknot also didn't sell tickets very well and Yungblud was easy to get tickets for, including for £5 on tickets for good.

2 hours ago, BrutalLegend said:

Sleep Token

Green Day 

Slipknot 

That would certainly be who you would be on.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Surely they would absolutely tank there these days? 

APE? 

Probably their furthest away festival crowd. Reading at least booked Blink 182 who come from the same era and similar music wise.

13 minutes ago, Judas Yeast said:

Now that is interesting. Didn't believe they were doing Download but thought that's because they were touring and would add festivals as part of the continuous world tour in 2026. Strange that another festival got them first, especially as they don't fit with R+L anymore

My guess is R&L or BST. I wouldn't have thought Blink fitted Reading anymore but they still got booked.

It does open me think think Download have book Sleep Token, Slipknot and Green Day.

20 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Probably their furthest away festival crowd. Reading at least booked Blink 182 who come from the same era and similar music wise.

APE suits whichever crowd they decide to go for on whichever day. It’s such a varied festival, each day is its own thing. LP would fit fine there, I think. It’ll be that or BST. I just can’t see them being at R&L, especially with this new lineup. 

Blink and LP are from the same era but aren’t comparable at all music wise. 

I’m thinking it’ll be Sleep Token, Green Day and either KoRn or Muse for DL.

Edited by Andre91

14 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

APE suits whichever crowd they decide to go for on whichever day. It’s such a varied festival, each day is its own thing. LP would fit fine there, I think. It’ll be that or BST. I just can’t see them being at R&L, especially with this new lineup. 

Blink and LP are from the same era but aren’t comparable at all music wise. 

I’m thinking it’ll be Sleep Token, Green Day and either KoRn or Muse for DL.

APE might but the genre LP works on gets nowhere near being includes in their selection of what they go for. I think Reading or BST but you're entitled to feel APE is an option.

Slipknot don't compared to QOTSA or FOB. Either do Metallica compared to BMTH but both still are what Download booked.

That's where similar tastes in similar genres and broad tastes come in. I wouldn't object to a festival at all that had Blink and LP, in fact I'd be more likely to get on board. I'd love a day with Linkin Park and say Papa Roach so far down the bill.

The only reason I can see LP not doing Download first is to want to see how everything goes first somewhere that isn't just quite stuck on for the metal. 

1 hour ago, Spiral_Low said:

Be amazing if the festival Linkin Park are doing turns out to be a 2 day Sonisphere with Metallica, same as the original. A person can dream! 

If there was ever a year for Sonisphere to come back (or someone else to have a go at promoting a big festival) it might be this year.

Just looking at bands who have played Download too recently to come back but likely to be active next year you could book Biffy, BMTH and Slipknot as headliners and fill out the bill with Limp Bizkit, Architects, Royal Blood, Enter Shikari, While She Sleeps, FFAF, Frank Carter, I Prevail, Babymetal etc.

Should easily be able to sell 50k.

6 hours ago, BrutalLegend said:

Sleep Token

Green Day 

Slipknot 

This would make so much more sense than Sleep Token, Green Day & Linkin Park rumours. Green Day and Linkin Park feel like similar bookings. Makes sense that Download would book Slipknot if they were about. Maybe it was gonna be Slipknot, Green Day & AC/DC but then AC/DC backed down and that’s what caused the Sleep Token exclusive to be removed from Rock Am Ring/Im Park. 

2 hours ago, King101 said:

If there was ever a year for Sonisphere to come back (or someone else to have a go at promoting a big festival) it might be this year.

Just looking at bands who have played Download too recently to come back but likely to be active next year you could book Biffy, BMTH and Slipknot as headliners and fill out the bill with Limp Bizkit, Architects, Royal Blood, Enter Shikari, While She Sleeps, FFAF, Frank Carter, I Prevail, Babymetal etc.

Should easily be able to sell 50k.

I'd love Sonisphere to come back but financially I know it was a real struggle for them. But there is deffo a market for them aye and Metallica are obvs active at the mo and having down Download last year I do wonder if they will come over in 2025 and do a show....a 2 day event at Knebworth with another band like Linkin Park would be awesome even it's not the Sonisphere brand and only 1 stage kinda thing. 

2 hours ago, BrutalLegend said:

Is it possible we get a 4 day event again with the Thursday being a Knotfest day? Or was the 4 days in 2023 announced before tickets went on sale?

4 days was announced after the early bird tickets. Was a bargain for people like myself!

11 hours ago, BrutalLegend said:

Is it possible we get a 4 day event again with the Thursday being a Knotfest day? Or was the 4 days in 2023 announced before tickets went on sale?

No. The organisation of it was terrible and they almost lost their licence. There’s no way the local authority or the airport will let them do that again so soon. 

Would A Day To Remember playing Slam Dunk rule them out? They are over here in June as well doing shows in London and in Europe for Rock Am Ring.

IMG_2636.thumb.jpeg.90fdd671eb9dce5c12d837c545340432.jpeg

I would think Slam Dunk rules them out but could see Bad Omens subbing anyway. Swap Weezer out for Avril. 

Another Prediction from me

Fri

Main: Sleep Token - Falling In Reverse - Bad Omens - Motionless In White

2nd: Slayer

Sat

Main: Green Day - Avril Lavigne - Papa Roach - The Interrupters

2nd: IDLES

Sun

Main: Slipknot - Korn - Spiritbox - Turnstile

2nd: Beartooth

Are we ruling Foo Fighters out? Haven’t seen them mentioned yet.

At this point no one should be ruled out unless we actually hear confirmation they are either not touring or doing another fest (so for example the headliners at Slam Dunk can be ruled out). 

3 hours ago, Spiral_Low said:

At this point no one should be ruled out unless we actually hear confirmation they are either not touring or doing another fest (so for example the headliners at Slam Dunk can be ruled out). 

Lordi headlining all three nights all but confirmed

8 hours ago, Siddey1994 said:

Reading & Leeds

I think it's either going to be Linkin Park or Foo Fighters at R&L and the one who isn't there will be at Download. I don't have anything to back this up but it's just a feeling