MEO Kalorama Lisboa 2024

alan_ts

24 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

Same as Pukkelpop. They officially announced Royal Blood as a replacement for Queens Of The Stone Age but also put Mark Rebillet in The Smile's spot, not announcing him as a replacement.

The Smile are kinda irreplaceable...

I wouldn't have minded Mark Rebillet - he's performing live, and has quite a show.

Folamour seems to be getting away with pretending having a light show is something special. If I booked a DJ for my grandma's 80th birthday, in the local church hall, I'd expect them to bring lights 🙂

Does anyone know if you can walk easily from the site?

I'm staying in a hotel not too far away, but it looks like it's a huge road that you'd have to walk down, and it's not clear if there are paths on Google Maps. Google suggests you have to walk anti-clockwise around the outside of the park first.

Also, is it just the one exit? Or do they open up more at the end of the night?

16 hours ago, bluenova said:

Does anyone know if you can walk easily from the site?

I'm staying in a hotel not too far away, but it looks like it's a huge road that you'd have to walk down, and it's not clear if there are paths on Google Maps. Google suggests you have to walk anti-clockwise around the outside of the park first.

Also, is it just the one exit? Or do they open up more at the end of the night?

There's just one exit. I don't know where's the hotel but there's a big circle you probably need to surround. Very easy to get out though. 

2 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

There's just one exit. I don't know where's the hotel but there's a big circle you probably need to surround. Very easy to get out though. 

Thanks. We're staying a bit further south from Arroios metro. Booked it thinking that it was about a 20 minute walk away, but that entrance being on the other side of the park, makes it a lot longer.

Still, it looks like quite a small site, so hopefully won't have walked that much in the day 🙂

Has anyone heard of the proposed strikes from baggage handlers in Portugal om Aug 31st/1st sep??

One article online about it not sure whether to change flight back or not to the Monday?? Currently booked to fly back on the 31st

4 minutes ago, bananaa52 said:

I have two tickets for the 30th to sell. if anyone is interested send me DM

How much are you looking for for the pair. I'd planned on getting two of the website/ticketswap today

On 8/19/2024 at 9:41 AM, Cw91 said:

Has anyone heard of the proposed strikes from baggage handlers in Portugal om Aug 31st/1st sep??

One article online about it not sure whether to change flight back or not to the Monday?? Currently booked to fly back on the 31st

We're travelling back to Dublin on Sat 31st and now getting seriously worried our flight will be cancelled with no route home until Monday at earliest. Does anyone with knowledge of Portuguese strike actions think this strike might be averted? Will airlines fly anyway - just without a checked bag option? surely this strike may also have an impact on the festival with bands due to fly out of Lisbon on Sat and Sunday unable to get to their next gig. 

5 hours ago, Port is Dead said:

We're travelling back to Dublin on Sat 31st and now getting seriously worried our flight will be cancelled with no route home until Monday at earliest. Does anyone with knowledge of Portuguese strike actions think this strike might be averted? Will airlines fly anyway - just without a checked bag option? surely this strike may also have an impact on the festival with bands due to fly out of Lisbon on Sat and Sunday unable to get to their next gig. 

Many strikes are then cancelled as the union makes agreements with the company.

You might be lucky and the strikes get cancelled.

This one is just a GroundForce strike, wich airline are you travelling with?

1 hour ago, Dudex14 said:

Many strikes are then cancelled as the union makes agreements with the company.

You might be lucky and the strikes get cancelled.

This one is just a GroundForce strike, wich airline are you travelling with?

Travelling with Ryanair,  which I believe use a company called Groundlink?

On 8/25/2024 at 9:11 AM, Port is Dead said:

I emailed the union doing strike. Ryananir won't be effected 👍👍

Screenshot_20240826_140527_Gmail.jpg

Edited by Cw91
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Port is Dead said:

Just going to post this again in case anyone can help?

"Looking for some local knowledge. any recommendations on how to go about scoring without getting ripped off while in Lisbon? Please DM if you have a contact. Thanks.

Sporting Lisbon and Benfica have their stadiums in the city, although their defenders are pretty good. 

Edited by xxialac

3 hours ago, Port is Dead said:

Just going to post this again in case anyone can help?

"Looking for some local knowledge. any recommendations on how to go about scoring without getting ripped off while in Lisbon? Please DM if you have a contact. Thanks.

I didnt really understood your question, but it if you have any question about lisbon dm me @duartemelicias on instagram

1 hour ago, rgvili said:

hey 🙂 looking for a local advice, im travelling with a trolley and i want to go from the festival straight to the airport, anyone knows if theres lockers or some luggage storage in the area or around the metro?

I used this site when I was in Prague recently. https://usebounce.com/ Loads of hotels and shops now offer luggage storage, so you'll hopefully find somewhere reasonably near. 

An odd one but if anyone going for the weekend has a spare wristband after it let me know and I'll cover postage. Only going Friday but I'm a sad case and have a frame at home with all my festival wristbands

1 hour ago, chilirocker said:

Fever Ray has pulled out. Loyle Carner moved earlier. I’ll be done by 11 tonight. Sad. 

The same with me. To be honest, I regret to have bought the 3-days pass. What seemed to be a great 3-days festival, in fact is a great one-day festival (Friday) with two days where I will just check two or three bands (simply because the rest is not for my tastes).

13 minutes ago, BOBBY_FIRMINO said:

Queue to get in looks a good 60-90 minutes. Horrific 

What's the 5G like.....oasis presale likely 7pm tomorrow. Tomorrow's been ruined on us already. Going to be on ticketmaster for half of it