MEO Kalorama Lisboa 2024

alan_ts

9 minutes ago, Big Kahuna said:

I,m starting to think that lineup is closed, in a year of low key lineups, it would be no surprise... actual lineup is good, but hope I,m wronged and they,ll announce something good,  some guitars in a electronic-oriented year

I think you might be a little premature with the concern.

Their last line up poster said "more artists to be announced". Now, they could of course add half a dozen token small acts and say "line up complete", but you'd really hope not as they're about 10 names short across the main stages compared to last year, even if the dance stage isn't happening.

They've also announced some big acts around this time for the last two years, and with the sister festival moving to Madrid (that one is lighter on names, but says "many more" coming, it wouldn't be a shock if they're a little behind.

Are there any Lisbon locals on this thread?

It looks like there is often a game at either Benfica or Sporting on Sunday evenings, so thought I'd see if I could catch a match as I'm not going back till the Monday.

I know fixtures aren't out for a few weeks, but does anyone know how easy it is to get tickets?

9 minutes ago, bluenova said:

It looks like there is often a game at either Benfica or Sporting on Sunday evenings, so thought I'd see if I could catch a match as I'm not going back till the Monday.

I know fixtures aren't out for a few weeks, but does anyone know how easy it is to get tickets?

Hello, i am a local and a Sporting season ticket holder. 

There will definitely be one match in lisbon, either Sporting or Benfica.

However the calendar is only being released on the 7th of july.

Especially in august (many emigrants spending their holidays in Portugal) it may be dificult to get tickets. If it is at Sporting i can try to sort you out some tickets. Just send me a dm on instagram then duartemelicias 

13 minutes ago, bluenova said:

Been looking into this myself. Presume Benfica and Sporting alternate their home matches like Liverpool / Everton, United / City etc. Also looks as though there’s a few decent lower league sides in Lisbon that still have decent stadiums, so hopefully that’s an option too if Benfica or Sporting isn’t doable.

Ive got a mate who does a lot of ground hopping around Europe, pretty sure he’s been to Lisbon so will ask him his thoughts and post back in here if he has any worthwhile info

3 minutes ago, Dudex14 said:

Hello, i am a local and a Sporting season ticket holder. 

There will definitely be one match in lisbon, either Sporting or Benfica.

However the calendar is only being released on the 7th of july.

Especially in august (many emigrants spending their holidays in Portugal) it may be dificult to get tickets. If it is at Sporting i can try to sort you out some tickets. Just send me a dm on instagram then duartemelicias 

Thanks. I'd spotted the 7th July was the fixture date, so that gives plenty of time. I think when I bought the tickets for the festival I had a look at Benficas site, and it appeared to be easier to get tickets than for a Premier League match, but that was relying on Google translate 🙂

You'll probably know this too. In the UK the matches get announced as if they're going ahead on Saturday at 3pm, but then all the big club games tend to get moved for TV. Does this happen in Portugal at all?

I'm a Season Ticket holder for Benfica. 

Typically, in August, Estádio da Luz has many emigrants who take advantage of being on vacation in Portugal to go watch the games. But this ends up balancing out with the Portuguese who are still on vacation. I would say that it's always difficult to get tickets based on my experience with friends. Season tickets represent a large part of the stadium and have a waiting list of over 10,000 people, so you can see the demand for tickets. That said, it is not impossible, especially at this time of year when many are available. Usually, the games of the "big three" are always at different times due to television broadcasts. I think that in the last two years, in both cases, I missed Benfica games because they were on the saturday.

It is also important to note that although the schedule is released in July, the game times are only decided two weeks in advance, and the tickets are put on sale around that time.

18 minutes ago, Yokai said:

I'm a Season Ticket holder for Benfica. 

Typically, in August, Estádio da Luz has many emigrants who take advantage of being on vacation in Portugal to go watch the games. But this ends up balancing out with the Portuguese who are still on vacation. I would say that it's always difficult to get tickets based on my experience with friends. Season tickets represent a large part of the stadium and have a waiting list of over 10,000 people, so you can see the demand for tickets. That said, it is not impossible, especially at this time of year when many are available. Usually, the games of the "big three" are always at different times due to television broadcasts. I think that in the last two years, in both cases, I missed Benfica games because they were on the saturday.

It is also important to note that although the schedule is released in July, the game times are only decided two weeks in advance, and the tickets are put on sale around that time.

So I guess we have to wait, just in case.

By the look of the site, it appeared that I could buy tickets without a membership. Is that right?

45 minutes ago, bluenova said:

So I guess we have to wait, just in case.

By the look of the site, it appeared that I could buy tickets without a membership. Is that right?

Atleast at sporting, if the demand isnt too high you can buy tickets without a menbership. Ussualy only the matches against Porto and Benfica are members only.

I think there is a rule in Portugal wich prevents those games happening in the first 2 or 3 matchdays so it should be dificult to find tickets

I will also be looking at the football whilst attending the festival this year.

I went to a Benfica game in August a few years ago and it was easy enough to get tickets then, but they were playing the Portuguese version of Stoke.

I swear grown men were crying when the eagle landed on the plinth to complete the club badge! Magic.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Last_Exit said:

I swear grown men were crying when the eagle landed on the plinth to complete the club badge! Magic.

I'll be doing the same when LCD drop Someone Great 

1 hour ago, Last_Exit said:

I will also be looking at the football whilst attending the festival this year.

I went to a Benfica game in August a few years ago and it was easy enough to get tickets then, but they were playing the Portuguese version of Stoke.

Biggest Club in Portugal

9 minutes ago, Yokai said:

Overmono rescheduled for the last day.

Poster was updated but without new names, so I do not think we will have new names soon.

New poster still has "more names", so that's a good sign at least.

That tweet announcing Overmono switching days looked a bit dramatic when it came up as a preview on my phone, from the first few words I thought they were cancelling the whole thing.

34 minutes ago, WFD said:

That tweet announcing Overmono switching days looked a bit dramatic when it came up as a preview on my phone, from the first few words I thought they were cancelling the whole thing.

Wonder if they want to get that out of the way, and offer refunds, before any new names are added.

They seem really keen to offer the swap going off the post, assume it's more than likely down to poor sales for that day as it stands.

Was expecting and hoping the full bill to be dropped this week but it's probably going to be next week now at the earliest. 

Edited by BOBBY_FIRMINO

hey everyone,

i messaged their Instagram about the full line up and they replied 

Hello! The full line up will be announced next week. Keep in touch.

so that's for your concern.

my problem is that im trying to book flights and i just want to be on the 30th for jungle and the smile and one more day just visiting Lisbon, but i fear they'll announce someone that I'd like to see in a different day. if they're going to add someone big do you believe it will be on the 29th or 31?

also, how's the festival in general? getting from there to the center, parties after main concert, beer prices etc...

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, rgvili said:

hey everyone,

i messaged their Instagram about the full line up and they replied 

so that's for your concern.

my problem is that im trying to book flights and i just want to be on the 30th for jungle and the smile and one more day just visiting Lisbon, but i fear they'll announce someone that I'd like to see in a different day. if they're going to add someone big do you believe it will be on the 29th or 31?

also, how's the festival in general? getting from there to the center, parties after main concert, beer prices etc...

Well, thanks for the insta message. Saved a bit of chat on here 🙂

I wish I could be as helpful with the big names, as both those days look a little light. They had a poster a while back which had just Raye on the top line for the 31st, but then every other poster has Burna Boy up there, so who knows. If you looked at spotify listeners, then Sam Smith is the biggest name on the line up, but then Massive Attack are nowhere on that metric!

I genuinely have no idea if Raye, Sam Smith or Burna Boy are huge draws for a festival - even though they're probably the biggest selling artists on the line up!

Can you not risk another day either side, or even waiting a week to book? If you're ready to go once the line up drops it's hopefully unlikely to make a huge difference.

Edited by bluenova

3 minutes ago, bluenova said:

Well, thanks for the insta message. Saved a bit of chat on here 🙂

I wish I could be as helpful with the big names, as both those days look a little light. They had a poster a while back which had just Raye on the top line for the 31st, but then every other poster has Burna Boy up there, so who knows. If you looked at spotify listeners, then Sam Smith is the biggest name on the line up, but then Massive Attack are nowhere on that metric!

I genuinely have no idea if Raye, Sam Smith or Burna Boy are huge draws for a festival - even though they're probably the biggest selling artists on the line up!

Can you not risk another day either side, or even waiting a week to book? If you're ready to go once the line up drops it's hopefully unlikely to make a huge difference.

my fear is the option that they booked justice for one of those day because if I'll miss them it will be tragic. i have no idea who's Raye or Burna boy so i thought if they'll add someone interesting it will on the 31st but i guess you can never know

I'll probably gamble and add the 31st to my trip as flight prices are always changing
hoping for Justice on the 31st!!

thanks for the reply   

Looking at Justice dates, I would say that makes more sense for them to book the 29th and 30th here and in Madrid, since they have a gig in France on the 1st of September.

But I guess it can go either way.