End of the Rabbit Hole

Helsbels

Just seen this on The Rabbit Hole's Facebook page. Wonder if there will be something new popping up to replace it? Anyone know?

I only made it in there once over the years and had a great time.

‘"Wake up, Alice dear!" said her sister; "Why, what a long sleep you've had!”

"Oh, I've had such a curious dream!" said Alice, and she told her sister, as well as she could remember them, all these strange Adventures of hers that you have just been reading about; and when she had finished, her sister kissed her, and said, “It WAS a curious dream, dear, certainly: but now run in to your tea; it's getting late.” So Alice got up and ran off, thinking while she ran, as well she might, what a wonderful dream it had been.’

Citizens of Wonderland! It has indeed been a wonderful dream!♥️ It is with gladness in our hearts and love for all of you, that we announce that the Rabbit Hole is disappearing into the ether and will not be at Glastonbury 2024. All great things come to an end and yet the end of one thing is but the beginning of another! What dreams may come!♥️

Love to all and a very merry Christmas ♥️

Sad news for the loss of a creative and music area … hope those involved find other things they want to do to stay involved with the festival . Quite a big crew involved , has it been there since the opening of the park ? Very much hope it gets replaced although I never quite made it inside 

This is sad news! I think the Rabbit Hole helped put The Park on the map. I hope the same team are given another opportunity. 

11 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

The Rabbit Hole has had a troubled behind the scenes history over the past few years. In some ways I'm surprised it managed to keep going at all.

The last 3 festivals it’s been managed by an employed event manager, Katherine and her team. I don’t know who she worked for though

36 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

I probably do.

Things that can't be revealed on a public forum (or by PM)

I wasn’t about to PM you for the inside scoop on the rabbit hole, skip, don’t worry 😂

My guess is Katherine and her team will be back with something same but different in the same place next year, San Remo/Beat Hotel style. 

Edited by stuie

One of my most treasured memories - still have the signed playing card from the Mad Hatter because he told me to "keep it safe" in 2014 and I haven't thrown it away since in case something terrible happened (nb. What nonsense. Loads of terrible things have happened to me since then.) 

But, all good things to come to an end. Slightly worried it's the end of microvenues - couldn't get into the piano bar last year despite queuing from 11.30 (tbf, I sacked the queue off at 2am...just seemed like such a waste of time knowing what else I could be enjoying). 

Appreciate I'm feeling it more this week with the Shelter rug taken from under my feet, but it does feel like big changes afoot behind the scenes.