UK Politics

kalifire

12 minutes ago, zahidf said:

https://x.com/UKLabour/status/1798326299620159887?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

4D chess? let Rishi say several lies, knowing that they have evidence that he knew he was lying, and then call him a big fat liar? 

partygate is a good angle to take, i think most people remember enough of what happened there.

5 minutes ago, Neil said:

I've been able to enjoy my money

I've been on here for about 10 years and never seen or heard you enjoy anything.

5 minutes ago, Neil said:

something i wouldn't have been able to do if i'd saved it for retirement

weird how you've previously bragged about how much money you've made over the years. £200 per month over your working life could easily have netted a pot of £1 million by retirement age. 

7 minutes ago, Neil said:

i'm very well provisioned for my retirement as good or better than plenty of pensions.

Not the impression you've given at all

6 minutes ago, stuie said:

I didn't even realise you could opt out to be honest - I was signed up automatically to this tax avoidance scheme ( 🙂 ) where I pay in 5% and my employer pays in 5% 

It's tricky to opt out. And yeah it's free money from your employer. Opting out is madness 999 times out of 1000.

It's hard to opt out for a reason, cause the gov knows people would be destitute in retirement without people being strongly incentivised to save for their future.

6 minutes ago, Neil said:

and also, i'm very well provisioned for my retirement as good or better than plenty of pensions.

no one has a problem with you enjoying your inheritance. live it up, take a plane somewhere like your son, or visit your brothers yacht for a holiday - no one cares. 

calling people with workplace pensions (pretty much everyone) tax avoiders is a massive reach. just like when you called someone a free loader for being given a coffee.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, zahidf said:

https://x.com/UKLabour/status/1798326299620159887?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

4D chess? let Rishi say several lies, knowing that they have evidence that he knew he was lying, and then call him a big fat liar? 

But also ends up with Labour's tax and spend plans being more scrutinized which is something they'd probably rather avoid.

Labour MP's doing the rounds this morning. Some saying no tax rises, some saying no tax rises to NI or income tax and some saying no tax rises for working families

9 minutes ago, lazyred said:

I thought replacing x with twitter made the tweets appear. How do I make it work?

I've been trying to work that out too! 

48 minutes ago, stuie said:

just like when you called someone a free loader for being given a coffee.

he got called a freeloader for his constant boastful posts of what he was getting for free.

50 minutes ago, stuie said:

calling people with workplace pensions (pretty much everyone) tax avoider

uninteresting said there's a group of people  who are all tax avoiders so i simply identified the group he was referencing.

1 minute ago, stuie said:

I've been trying to work that out too! 

paste the url into a text editor and then edit the .x.com to be twitter.com.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

come on. copy/paste url as text, replace x.com with twitter.com, delete, paste (as text), enter...like so...

exactly what i did and url says twitter.com in my post.