UK Politics

kalifire

7 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I see what you are getting a but I will disagree. If the national poll is 20 points up then Labour will win so voting now for who I want is irrelevant to anything local.

A smaller lead then if you want to avoid any particular party winning then perhaps tactical is the way and then that is a local thing.

Hope that makes sense.

Anyway, Vote Green 😉

What seat are you in out of curiosity?

24 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Anyway, Vote Green 😉

Would rather eat razor blades. I hate the scottish greens.

Also this is their deputy leader down south.. seems an intelligent guy 

Green Party deputy is former hypnotherapist who said he could help women increase their breast size (telegraph.co.uk)

Also some of their policies are nuts:

Green Party to review health policy after pledging to reduce caesarean sections (yahoo.com)

23 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

think priority for many is just get the tories out.

Can't disagree with that - but as they will be booted out now is a great time to allow those who want to vote the way they want without undue pressure to make sure the Tories lose. If not now, when?

2 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Can't disagree with that - but as they will be booted out now is a great time to allow those who want to vote the way they want without undue pressure to make sure the Tories lose. If not now, when?

polls might be wrong

2 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Would rather eat razor blades. I hate the scottish greens.

Also this is their deputy leader down south.. seems an intelligent guy 

Green Party deputy is former hypnotherapist who said he could help women increase their breast size (telegraph.co.uk)

Also some of their policies are nuts:

Green Party to review health policy after pledging to reduce caesarean sections (yahoo.com)

Did you read the actual birth policy? All they are suggesting is that we try and move away from those who opt for Caeserian without ever considering anything else (too posh to push). It is not as simple as the one line headline might suggest.

also if we are going on what one person said ages ago then we need to get rid of 80% of all candidates - but yes I read that a while back, laughed and though how pathetic it was but thought why would I not support the party whose policies closest match my views cos of what one person once said.

No idea about Scottish Greens cos I am in Wales.

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

polls might be wrong

Well in that case lets never vote for what we really want just in case.......................................

and then join the millions who moan on and on that nothing ever changes but themselves never ever change their vote.

6 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Well in that case lets never vote for what we really want just in case.......................................

and then join the millions who moan on and on that nothing ever changes but themselves never ever change their vote.

under fptp, yes...unless you want to make a protest vote like happened with UKIP as you say. Which takes us back to where we were, at moment Labour aren't bothered about Green votes because not damaging them, but one day could well be a problem.

(also, don't care who you're voting for)

21 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Did you read the actual birth policy? All they are suggesting is that we try and move away from those who opt for Caeserian without ever considering anything else (too posh to push). It is not as simple as the one line headline might suggest.

also if we are going on what one person said ages ago then we need to get rid of 80% of all candidates - but yes I read that a while back, laughed and though how pathetic it was but thought why would I not support the party whose policies closest match my views cos of what one person once said.

No idea about Scottish Greens cos I am in Wales.

Saying giving birth should be treated as a 'non-medical event' is frankly insulting 

5 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Brexit lovers who voted for Johnson last time and now will vote for Farage cos both are men of the people and will sort all the woes of everyone out - honest guv.

yes but are they taking votes away from Labour?

12 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Anyway, we'll be back in a few decades, when Greens are in power and call a referendum to rejoin.

Not sure they'd get into power if they were promising that referendum, for those that remember, it was a divisive time, and things didn't work out how people thought at the start of the process.

41 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

they went on a journey from Johnson to Farage via Starmer?

Yes, via briefly deciding to vote Labour again and then Farage pops his head up and reels them in.

I know a few who have said they will now vote Reform rather than Labour - they have no idea of any policies bar the obvious one.