UK Politics

kalifire

On 6/22/2024 at 9:24 AM, Nobody Interesting said:

I bet his  most loyal folllowers will still follow him - like tRump's ones do - bit that interview, jeez....................... if he became PM the UK would be so f**ked

i've seen stuff saying he won't win clacton, hope its true.

1 hour ago, Neil said:

i've seen stuff saying he won't win clacton, hope its true.

He stood to be my constituency's MP in 2010 and finished third, which is even more something given my MP at the time was Speaker John Bercow, meaning Tories, Labour and Lib Dems didn't send anyone.

Be quite something if he finished that low again.

7 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Is it all falling apart for Big Nige? Even Johnson is speaking out against him.

it just means his revenge on the tories will be proper nasty when his plan comes together.

2 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I mean, if he finally wins an MP seat, will he give a f**k?

he's go for tory leader if he wins a seat. and then merge reform with the tories, a full farage takeover.

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

If Farage wins his seat and is either alone or one of just a couple he might well defect to the Tories and then run for leader. Depends who is still in the Tories but Braverman, Truss and others would back him

That seems an extraordinary leap, firstly for him to be in with a shout, secondly for vsomeone as ambitious as Braverman and thirdly given the battle lines now forming.  Perhaps this may finally push the tories back  to the centre a little? 

1 minute ago, clarkete said:

That seems an extraordinary leap, firstly for him to be in with a shout, secondly for vsomeone as ambitious as Braverman and thirdly given the battle lines now forming.  Perhaps this may finally push the tories back  to the centre a little? 

The Tories are not daft and they see how Farage is oddly popular and all they care about is being in power and see him as that chance of it being sooner rather than later. Truss and Braverman have already been courting him in public so likely even more so behind the scenes.

Braverman is not popular at all and the party knows she would likely not win an election - and for all too many members she is the wrong colour anyway whereas Farage is the right colour for them.

7 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

The Tories are not daft and they see how Farage is oddly popular and all they care about is being in power and see him as that chance of it being sooner rather than later. Truss and Braverman have already been courting him in public so likely even more so behind the scenes.

Braverman is not popular at all and the party knows she would likely not win an election - and for all too many members she is the wrong colour anyway whereas Farage is the right colour for them.

Important question is what's the ceiling to his popularity? 

Even with masses of coverage he's only gone so far in the polls, which is less high than the kipper peak.  The tories have, until the last couple of days, mostly avoided targeting him about anything, particularly his record or integrity - which seems a very poor strategy given that a large chunk of their party despise him.