UK Politics

kalifire

9 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

lol

So Labour will need the balls to say to the electorate "we said no tax rises  but now we will have to reverse the cuts the Tories just made otherwise we cannot invest in public services like we have pledged to"

A channel 4 poll showed 75% of people would prefer no tax cuts and money invested in services....................... so Labour would be daft not to change what they are saying, wouldn't they?

3 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

So Labour will need the balls to say to the electorate "we said no tax rises  but now we will have to reverse the cuts the Tories just made otherwise we cannot invest in public services like we have pledged to"

A channel 4 poll showed 75% of people would prefer no tax cuts and money invested in services....................... so Labour would be daft not to change what they are saying, wouldn't they?

yeah, but 1992

Labour's Tax Bombshell', Conservative Party poster, January 1992. |  Download Scientific Diagram

10 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

yeah, but 1992

Labour's Tax Bombshell', Conservative Party poster, January 1992. |  Download Scientific Diagram

Yep, and all part of the Tory PR machine lining them up for this sort of thing.

It has been building since October 23 for those that want to notice and so far Labour have not really responded.

Will they respond now if all these 'leaks' happen?

Until the large lady howls their tune I trust the UK electorate to be so easily conned that I expect a Tory win.................. at least that way I will not be disappointed when Labour etc do not win

1 minute ago, lost said:

Its looking less likely the Tories are going to get significant interest rate cuts in before the election:

true, the talk is june for a  cut - maybe later than that.

3 hours ago, steviewevie said:

56% Lab, 20% Tory

I was messing around with the parameters and noticed that in all of the combos I did, Postgraduates were more like to vote Tory than Undergraduates.

I assume its something to do with more people from certain backgrounds doing Postgraduate studies, rather than the more concerning inference that smarter people are voting Tory.

3 minutes ago, cellar said:

56% Lab, 20% Tory

I was messing around with the parameters and noticed that in all of the combos I did, Postgraduates were more like to vote Tory than Undergraduates.

I assume its something to do with more people from certain backgrounds doing Postgraduate studies, rather than the more concerning inference that smarter people are voting Tory.

More money?

2 minutes ago, cellar said:

56% Lab, 20% Tory

there's less public financial support for higher degrees, so they're more likely to be rich kids i think (my kid did a masters, not a rich kid, but a kid soaked in academia because his mum is a university professor, and he knows  that you need more than a standard degree to stand out).

49 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

with all the sh*t going on today in Gaza I almost hope Galloway wins.

galloway is the solution to nothing at all.

14 minutes ago, lazyred said:

I can't see it. I think Ali will win but Reform will do well. Vote for the pervert not the anti semites.

Ali would be a great result for those who argue that people don't watch the news or know who they're voting for.

I think it will be a narrow win for Galloway....but we'll see,

6 hours ago, steviewevie said:

No. 

It would have to be the LibDem getting the vote if I were a Rochadalian. 

Preferable to an anti-Semite, another anti-Semite who loves murderous dictators and is generally a deeply unpleasant man, a pervert and a Tory. 

7 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Looks like you got your wish, Galloway thinks he's won comfortably, Independent David Tully has also done well so people have rejected the main parties. Starmer has dodged a bullet IMO, if he hadn't sacked Ali and they had lost to Galloway that would have been a real embarrassment, now he can just dismiss it as an irrelevant result since Labour didn't have a candidate.