UK Politics

kalifire

1 hour ago, fraybentos1 said:

Highly doubt this is true. Tripled since 2012? No chance!

Bristol  is a property hot spot!!!

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/bristol-named-uks-biggest-property-4591298?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

easton - coolest place in the world

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/time-out-right-coolest-place-3343608?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

not a surprise its tripled - just wish i'd bought when i arrived in Bristol in 2000 , bargains to be had then.

45 minutes ago, Neil said:

pretty sure it's true ( a rough tripled, not exact: bought for £125k going on market at £365k) I might have messed up cos I have trouble with numbers ever since I suffered a brain injury 

You bought a house in Bristol in 2012 for 125k?

17 minutes ago, Neil said:

Dennistoun in glasgow once featured high in one of these lists which shows to me it is a total nonsense.

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

Dennistoun in glasgow once featured high in one of these lists which shows to me it is a total nonsense.

both of my neighbours houses selling for £30+k above asking price shows me its not a nonsense for Bristol, also most sellers won't accept mortgage buyers now, they want a straight forwards cash transaction. (lots of cash buyers with the londoners).

2 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

If you say so!

Either way whatever house you buy next will have also shot up in value in the last 12 years too. It’d not the massive win you think it is even if those numbers are accurate (which I doubt)

i'm going rental, have got a lovely place sorted ...... (if i buy again it'll probably be somewhere dirt cheap such as weston or Plymouth). those numbers are accurate, bought for £125k in 2012, the Bristol housing market has been nuts, can check that with @kaosmark2 who has been trying to buy in bristol for a few years.

17 minutes ago, Neil said:

i'm going rental, have got a lovely place sorted ...... (if i buy again it'll probably be somewhere dirt cheap such as weston or Plymouth). those numbers are accurate, bought for £125k in 2012, the Bristol housing market has been nuts, can check that with @kaosmark2 who has been trying to buy in bristol for a few years.

Why would you sell your house to rent?

4 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Why would you sell your house to rent?

Personal circumstances are changing and because the rental place has everything this disabled old git needs

2 hours ago, Nobody Interesting said:

and take off mortgage interest from any profit and unless you got a house for half it's value you will have made little or nothing.

image.thumb.png.72f2911e8d8e0e2d5ceb65962baf95fd.png

I'll have paid a lot less in mortgage interest than the £55k I spent in rent in my first twelve years in bristol.

will have made a decent wedge just by a combination of lucky cumstances. My bank account will be showing plenty more than the nothing you suggest.

16 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

Highly doubt this is true. Tripled since 2012? No chance!

A friend recently sold a small flat in Bristol and make a crazy profit on it. I can't remember the figures (not even ballpark) but I remember her being astounded. She knew it'd gone up a lot but was genuinely shocked with what she got for it. And she wasn't even trying. Took a fairly early decent offer, probably could've got more if she'd pushed but just wanted done as she'd already relocated to Cumbria. Like I say I don't know the figures but it was over a much shorter time span too, maybe 5 years. Maybe not even that.

9 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Lee Anderson doing proper gloves off dog whistling in his joining Reform speech.

Popcorn out for the reform vs tory fight then.  Which side will farage choose?