Glastonbury lineup poster 2024

Crazyfool01

same old, same old. it is sh*t  they / them / her /  not big enough to head line, 

everyone goes and says it was the best one ever.

blah blah blah

I enjoyed Mumford and son all they yers back and everyonhe sdaid they werent big enough. I still enjoed them.

I woudl love to see if there is a correlation between age and how bad the headliners are.

4 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Those Roundhouse dates sold out in a heartbeat but yeah you can still get tickets for Wolverhampton which is pretty damning. The new album sounds like it’s correcting everything that fell a bit flat on star-crossed - would’ve made for a dream Park headliner. But alas. 

I had a presale code from the album and tried to get Manchester tickets about 15 mins after they opened. All gone

7 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Taylor asked Coachella for $30 million and they said no. Em has no chance at getting that one pretty much now. And how can you pay the most over exposed artist in the world with more exposure when she already has it.

Because if she wants to play it, she will 

7 minutes ago, tarw said:

I had a presale code from the album and tried to get Manchester tickets about 15 mins after they opened. All gone

Seemed to be very few presale tickets released (especially seated). Colleague of mine had no joy getting seated in either presale (record label or amex), but breezed in on the general sale and picked up front row of the seated section on Friday morning.

12 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Taylor asked Coachella for $30 million and they said no. Em has no chance at getting that one pretty much now. And how can you pay the most over exposed artist in the world with more exposure when she already has it.

Because it's the one festival in the world every major artist wants to tick off.

18 minutes ago, BluesManP said:

Possibly. Before her, someone else was the smallest headliner they ever had. Does being smaller make you second class?

second class? not my words. I think it's a weak booking that's all. And tbh based on the rumours seems she was choice 3 at best 

15 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

$30 million to do something that'd be necessarily bespoke, while already geared up for the Eras tour. Sounds more like a "how can we make this worth the effort" kind of fee than anything else.

That doesn't mean the fee would be be $30 million for Glastonbury in say 2025+.

Hell, it doesn't even mean it'd be $30 million for Coachella in 2025+.

Just now, incident said:

$30 million to do something that'd be necessarily bespoke, while already geared up for the Eras tour. Sounds more like a "how can we make this worth the effort" kind of fee than anything else.

That doesn't mean the fee would be be $30 million for Glastonbury in say 2025+.

Hell, it doesn't even mean it'd be $30 million for Coachella in 2025+.

Exactly 

Fair play to other Festivals that got IDLES this year, if they are headlining the Other at Glastonbury. Surely, they will get bumped for someone bigger? By the way I like IDLES but Other headliner?

As many others have said, the depth is okay, but the top couple lines are piss poor across most stages. I know there are mitigating factors but even so 

Sza Pyramid headliner? No matter what people on here say about her streaming numbers, her appeal to Glastonbury demographics is incredibly limited. I would be surprised if she doesn’t have the smallest headliner crowd in 20 years

LCD Soundsystem? I’m a huge fan but that slot is just a terrible booking for them. Bound to be strewn with disinterested talkers. Surely headlining a smaller stage made much more sense 

PJ Harvey during the day presumably from the order? So odd

Idles as Other headliner? Jesus Christ 

The Streets…Other support in 2024? Laughable. Same goes for whichever of Two Door Cinema Club or Anne-Marie have that slot 

During the day there is enough good stuff…Janelle Monae, Alvvays, Romy Soccer Mommy, Orbital, Ghetts. But the lineup really is lacking wow factor. It’ll still be incredible all the same, of course

Just now, Dales said:

Fair play to other Festivals that got IDLES this year, if they are headlining the Other at Glastonbury. Surely, they will get bumped for someone bigger? By the way I like IDLES but Other headliner?

Starting to see the funny side of this now. You have to laugh.

23 minutes ago, Benjsh said:

Well that's simply not true. I have been lots of times and fully aware of the amazing donations they make. That's never stopped them putting on incredible line ups though. 

It seems like the main stages are almost complete too which only a few more to be added. That was why I was questioning where the money has gone.

I was surprised that anyone would think they had lots of money to spend. 

They lost a fortune during the pandemic https://www.billboard.com/pro/glastonbury-festival-2019-financial-loss-covid-19/ 

Despite that they have managed to put money back into their reserves (to ensure the festival's future), continue the event and even continue supporting causes.

We know that many artists support them by performing for no fees or less than normal. We even know that a small number have broken ranks and said they wouldn't perform. 

We also know that some costs have surged, as they have for other gigs and shows. https://www.nme.com/news/music/21-uk-festivals-have-now-been-cancelled-postponed-or-scrapped-with-100-at-permanent-risk-without-action-3600756

They're also in a challenging position as they can't just put ticket prices up, as that also excludes an increasing number of attendees and as you'd expect plenty in here or other places have strong opinions about that. 

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Starting to see the funny side of this now. You have to laugh.

I know people who thought they were a poor booking as Truck Thursday headliner 😄

They are not even 2nd stage (Castle) headliner at Victorious.

Just now, Dales said:

I know people who thought they were a poor booking as Truck Thursday headliner 😄

They are not even 2nd stage (Castle) headliner at Victorious.

Spending your Friday evening watching a bloke in a vest and beanie hat barking 'Love is da fiiiiiiing' over and over again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Spending your Friday evening watching a bloke in a vest and beanie hat barking 'Love is da fiiiiiiing' over and over again.

Suck it up buttercup. Festival knows more than you about what a good show is...as you're so keen to say about SZA. IDLES will probably get a similar sized crowd and they're not even getting the picnic blanket brigade

• Upvote 1