Rock Werchter 2025

Archi

2 hours ago, sisco said:

Those 3 also have to be in with a very good chance of being at RW too.  

Honestly can’t wait for the announcements to start, we’re going whatever comes but always good to start listening to the acts. 

I hope Werchter does better than RAR myself. I guess I'm partly surprised they went for Foos for 49 over 50.

8 minutes ago, northernangel said:

I hope Werchter does better than RAR myself. I guess I'm partly surprised they went for Foos for 49 over 50.

Like every festival, you go for who is around.  If the foos were there last year you don’t wait.  Anyway…. Might be lucky as who knows if they’ll do anything next year now

1 minute ago, sisco said:

Like every festival, you go for who is around.  If the foos were there last year you don’t wait.  Anyway…. Might be lucky as who knows if they’ll do anything next year now

I think that's probably been my downfall putting too much into anniversary year stuff and such. Dua Lipa doing Liverpool and Dublin in June suggests Reading may not happen. Maybe she is just outdoor venues

56 minutes ago, northernangel said:

I think that's probably been my downfall putting too much into anniversary year stuff and such. Dua Lipa doing Liverpool and Dublin in June suggests Reading may not happen. Maybe she is just outdoor venues

What’s more interesting for me this year is whether they basically have 2 headliners a day or 1 like this year was.

Saw a list the other day of names who were meant to be about and it could be a very good year if they manage to get 6-8 of them as the top lines:

1. Pearl Jam
2. Jack White
3. The Cure
4. Nick Cave & the bad Seeds
5. Faith No More
6. Linkin Park
7. Green Day
8. Metallica
9. Billie Eilish
10. Twenty One Pilots
11. Olivia Rodrigo
12. Fred Again..

13. Blink-182 
14. Eminem
15. Justin Timberlake
16. Oscar & the Wolf

11 hours ago, sisco said:

No idea of the exact date mate, was just told today they’re doing it by someone who should know

Yeah seems pretty much a done deal. Been rumours for months now and the trains in Lime St were displaying Coldplay lyrics the other day. Supposedly Coldplay / Springsteen and Dua Lipa for next summer's run of gigs (Dua Lipa was confirmed yesterday)

58 minutes ago, BOBBY_FIRMINO said:

Yeah seems pretty much a done deal. Been rumours for months now and the trains in Lime St were displaying Coldplay lyrics the other day. Supposedly Coldplay / Springsteen and Dua Lipa for next summer's run of gigs (Dua Lipa was confirmed yesterday)

I thought I read somewhere that Anfield could only host one concert per summer, something to do with license from the city or some....but I could be mistaken.   

23 minutes ago, Gossard said:

I thought I read somewhere that Anfield could only host one concert per summer, something to do with license from the city or some....but I could be mistaken.   

Had a look on set list.fm.....five this year. Pink x 2 and Taylor swift x 3

With bon iver teasing new music and the national seemingly active, would they work as a co headline, or go down like a led balloon?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gossard said:

Don't think that's true. We had Pink and Taylor Swift concerts this summer. Had Elton, The Eagles and the Stones in 2022 also 

Edited by BOBBY_FIRMINO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sisco said:

How would something like this go down or is in accurately strong?

Something like:

Green Day + Blink 182

FredAgain + Sam Fender

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds + Bon Iver

Billie Eilish + Oscar and the Wolf

I doubt a festival that had Lenny Kravitz and Maneskin each headline a day this year is going to have Green Day and Blink 182 play the same day

6 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

I doubt a festival that had Lenny Kravitz and Maneskin each headline a day this year is going to have Green Day and Blink 182 play the same day

Very observant post. While there might be an abundance of touring acts for 2025, they'll still need to fit the overall budget. I'd guess it'll probably be two very expensive acts (stadium size) and two less expensive acts (big enough to fill Sportpaleis) for headliners in 2025.

Edited by The Black

Billie was meant to be last year and didn’t end up doing it plus there was a lack of headline acts about as shown even by Glastonbury who massively struggled.

now look at 2023 instead:

Mumfords, Stormzy and Fender

RHCP, Liam Gallagher and The Black Keys

Muse and Oscar and the Wolf

Arctic Monkeys and QOTSA