Coach Tickets 2024

Danny T

29 minutes ago, Gwish123 said:

2:45pm Thursday out of Brum.

12 mates all on the 5:45am that morning.

Had emailed requesting the 6,6 and 1 (me) were all together and had said they are I’ll try their best to group together. Seems they got it half done 

on the 2:45pm coach too, pretty annoying that it’s so late!

We have received our coach tickets email, Depart Thurs 12pm Leeds we purchased return coach tickets in general sale but no return time in email too, hoping we'll get another an email with a departure time. Feel reassured it's happened to others 

2 hours ago, Lubic said:

12.00 Thurs departure from Leeds. No return time given(!).  Tickets booked in the resale.

Latest I’ll have ever arrived at the festival so not ideal - bit concerned about finding a camping spot - but very glad to have a ticket having missed out last year!

Likewise. Any idea on parking near the pick up location on Sovereign Street?

Cardiff 12.45 for me. Was really hoping for earlier if I’m really hones. Just happy to be going. What’s the rough time of arrival and what sort of camping spot would we be looking at. Was on the Bristol 6am last year 

2 hours ago, Gwish123 said:

2:45pm Thursday out of Brum.

12 mates all on the 5:45am that morning.

Had emailed requesting the 6,6 and 1 (me) were all together and had said they are I’ll try their best to group together. Seems they got it half done 

Can your friends take your tent to put up for you?

35 minutes ago, Fearless_Fish said:

Are you looking for parking the whole time you are away at the festival or just for someone to drop you off/pick you up? 

13 hours ago, GolfPesto said:

Got our coach tickets departing from London (O2) at 13:00 on Wednesday. First time getting coach. Does anyone know how long it usually takes from London and what camping spots are usually like come Wednesday evening? 

We got the coach from London last year leaving at 5am. I’ve just checked messages from the time and we were on site and set up by 10:23, first can cracked. The driver didn’t stop on the way down but we had to contend with traffic leaving London. We gave our tent to friends who kindly set it up and we camped in Michael’s Mead. I reckon it’ll be quieter at 1pm leaving LDN than it was for us.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tj95 said:

Thursday Manchester departure at 6am! Pretty chuffed, although no Return slot even though it says Return ticket 🤔 Anyone else had this?

Yes - my friends from Brum on a Thursday have this exact same thing. I wonder if they've messed up the Thursday email templates?

13 hours ago, Arrowman said:

0830am from Leeds. Anyone got a rough idea of how long the journey takes?

Presume it's just the one pick-up and stop?

It's usually one 30-45 minute food and poo stop at a Motorway services. 

Credit to the organisers the coaches usually pretty much drive straight onto the site (only had one get lost and stuck in Pilton!). We've never had to queue at the Ped Gate A either - you seem to get priority over car arrivals at Gate A. 

So I'd say expect to be dumping your tent on the ground at about 2-3pm. That's what I'm expecting from Manchester based on past results. (The biggest risk is M62 for you at 9am) and getting out of Manchester for me! 

1 minute ago, cheesey_toastie said:

It's usually one 30-45 minute food and poo stop at a Motorway services. 

Credit to the organisers the coaches usually pretty much drive straight onto the site (only had one get lost and stuck in Pilton!). We've never had to queue at the Ped Gate A either - you seem to get priority over car arrivals at Gate A. 

So I'd say expect to be dumping your tent on the ground at about 2-3pm. That's what I'm expecting from Manchester based on past results. (The biggest risk is M62 for you at 9am) and getting out of Manchester for me! 

One warning - which our friend didn't heed go light on any pre-festival refreshments until you're sure:
1) There is a toilet on the coach
2) It works. 

He danced down the aisle for a good 40 minutes. 

Edited by cheesey_toastie
grammar

We got 6:15 out of Swansea on Wednesday which is awesome. How long does the queue take at the other end generally?

Only slight issue is we are on the 4am bus back 😅. Gonna have to see if we can party on through!

12 minutes ago, j00nbrains said:

We got 6:15 out of Swansea on Wednesday which is awesome. How long does the queue take at the other end generally?

Only slight issue is we are on the 4am bus back 😅. Gonna have to see if we can party on through!

Seems to be a bit hit and miss,

In 2022 I arrived by coach on the Wednesday at around 10.30am and it took 1 1/2 hrs to get through.

In 2023 I arrived by coach on the Wednesday at around 11am and walked straight in.

13 minutes ago, j00nbrains said:

It's bad at first opening but clears within 3-4 hours and you can usually pretty much walk straight to a wrist band after that. 

11 hours ago, Ncahir94 said:

Cardiff 12.45 for me. Was really hoping for earlier if I’m really hones. Just happy to be going. What’s the rough time of arrival and what sort of camping spot would we be looking at. Was on the Bristol 6am last year 

My brother was was 12:00 last year and it only took about 2 hours. Driver doesn’t have to stop and by then most of the traffic has died down. I would guess something like 3-3:30pm arrival.

Not sure on what areas will be free to camp at that time as we took his tent with us last year but other than some of the busier fields I imagine there will be space in most of them.

11 hours ago, Fearless_Fish said:

Sorry, not sure as I’ve only ever arrived by public transport. It’s about a 5 min walk from the train station so very central and I imagine parking will be at a premium.