Primavera Sound 2025

2 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

Kind of all uncalled for this given you know absolutely nothing about me.

Roisin Murphy has been transphobic and if the homophobia wasn't enough for Banks then she's also a racist. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/music/2016/may/12/azealia-banks-suspended-twitter-racist-rant-zayn-malik

And my point wasn't about lyrics, it's about her general attitude as seen above.

Do you reckon Nick Cave will be persona non grata these days for playing in Israel?

3 minutes ago, Drums Please Fab said:

Four Tet maybe?

Yeah Four Tet would be a good fit. Maybe they bring back Fred Again (again) 

5 hours ago, erasersun said:

You’re the typical smug straight guy dripping with condescending misogyny who knows nothing about gay people or their culture, making statements about what we are supposed to think.

Both Azealia Banks and Roisin Murphy’s entire fan bases are gay men. Every gay guy at Primavera would be there for Banks. 

Yes the crowd had a lot of gay guys at Roisin. It's her opinion... She apologised but honestly it's never going to be enough for some people. Anyway I won't get into this further today

1 hour ago, katyaz said:

Yeah Four Tet would be a good fit. Maybe they bring back Fred Again (again) 

Yes the crowd had a lot of gay guys at Roisin. It's her opinion... She apologised but honestly it's never going to be enough for some people. Anyway I won't get into this further today

Lana Del Rey was like a gay pride parade. The whole thing is lost on me. Dont understand the connection/appeal to that demographic.

On 6/7/2024 at 11:10 AM, MKBAB said:

Some artists I'd like to see that could be realistic:

• Anitta
  • Azealia Banks (doing a UK tour)
  • BICEP
  • Billie Eilish
  • Bree Runway
  • Caribou
  • Childish Gambino
  • Cleo Sol
  • Daniel Caesar
  • Doechii
  • Elyanna
  • Empress Of
  • FKA Twigs (lol)
  • FLO
  • James Blake
  • Jamie XX
  • Kali Uchis
  • Kenia OS
  • Missy Elliott (doing a US tour)
  • Nathy Peluso
  • Nelly Furtado
  • Pip Millet
  • Rauw Alejandro
  • RAYE
  • Ryan Beatty
  • Saint Levant
  • Sault
  • Stormzy
  • TEMS
  • The XX
  • Tinashe
  • Tove Lo
  • Tyler The Creator
  • Vegyn
  • Vince Staples
  • WILLOW

Would die for Bree, Cleo, Empress Of, twigs, Kali, Nathy, Ryan, Sault, Tyler and Vince. Hoping some of these are there!

7 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

Kind of all uncalled for this given you know absolutely nothing about me.

Roisin Murphy has been transphobic and if the homophobia wasn't enough for Banks then she's also a racist. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/music/2016/may/12/azealia-banks-suspended-twitter-racist-rant-zayn-malik

And my point wasn't about lyrics, it's about her general attitude as seen above.

Nonetheless, both acts still have a large enough fanbase - including queer and POC folks - who will attend.

Edited by SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot

On 6/4/2024 at 6:39 PM, Drums Please Fab said:

Caribou

Portishead

MGMT

Alt J

Beach House

Cage The Elephant

Spacey Jane 

Chromatics

Editors

Empire of the Sun

Flume

Haim

Incubus

Metronomy

Regina Spektor

Rhye

Santigold

The Streets

Stromae

Tash Sultana

It's the 2025 thread, not the 2011 one lol

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Some of you guys mention hotels for next year. On Booking you can already book some places. The H10 Marina is less than €1000, also the Hoxton is just over €1000 for Wednesday to Sunday. Around 250 per night is not bad and walking distance to Fòrum. Plus most important these rates can be cancelled so no payment needed right now

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've been going to primavera since 2011 , missed this year as going to Euros to support Scotland, I can't see me coming back to Barcelona, The cost before I even Land has gone up so much , I'm sure I got the ibis glories for the 2 weekend festival at near enough the same price as they want for 5 nights for next year, 

MBV is probably the only band that could get me back , I may check out Porto 

11 hours ago, katyaz said:

Some of you guys mention hotels for next year. On Booking you can already book some places. The H10 Marina is less than €1000, also the Hoxton is just over €1000 for Wednesday to Sunday. Around 250 per night is not bad and walking distance to Fòrum. Plus most important these rates can be cancelled so no payment needed right now

Yeah, I booked a room at H10 Marina last week. 10% discount right now with their summer sale + another 5% off if you sign up as their member. 

I booked for 8 nights and was told that for bookings over 1 week they need 30% pre-payment, but even that would only be due in the beginning of May 2025.

1 hour ago, ConfidenceMan said:

A trio of King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard dates announced for late May 2025 in Barcelona on the PS Instagram account. 

I know some on here would have hoped they'd be at the 2025 festival but that surely rules them out? 

Yeah, seems like they will be in Athens during the festival

Just got tickets for unsound in Poland. Lankum more or less headlining, still house plants, the body & dis fig, kali malone w/ Stephen o malley playing the new album, mica Levi with an orchestra. Posting here because there is always overlap (mainly for club acts, Lanark artefax, tirzah and hitech were there last year) 

1 hour ago, chilirocker said:

It’s crazy to me that Iggy Pop and Beck are in the small font and Empire of the Sun are like a sub-headliner…

Also so much quality and more quality and then…hold on does that say Busted and Sophie Ellis Bextor? 😅

59 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

really weak this imo except for a few names, the last day is a lot stronger than the rest. 

Hope we get Iggy Pop back from 2020.

A lot of great names though. Kim Gordon, St. Vincent, Iggy Pop, Blonde Redhead, Mannequin Pussy, Jorja Smith, Yussef Days, Mars Volta, Beck, New Order, Clairo and Warpaint are all right up my ally.