Join our friendly community of music lovers and be part of the fun 😎

Primavera Sound 2025

3 hours ago, katyaz said:

So, what are your final predictions? Let's say 5 acts, can be headliners or undercard, anything. Who you think will be on the lineup, even if you want them or not, and no arguing about if they are possible 😉 I will start...

Tyler

LCD Soundsystem

Interpol

Underworld

Chappell Roan

My predictions are as follows :

Deftones 
Fontaines DC
Turnstile
Parcels
Antony and the Johnsons

😉😉😉😉😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Deftones 
Fontaines DC
Turnstile
Parcels
Antony and the Johnsons

😉😉😉😉😉

Turnstile again in Europe? Without new songs and I guess same festivals and countries like every year Spain, France, Germany, Belgium...probably not in Austria, Czech, Croatia, Slovenia, Hungary..

I know their manager is f**kin crazy man who thinks this band is Rolling Stones, but ffs...

p.s. I like Turnstile

Edited by SweetJesus

53 minutes ago, burnleynotbarcelona said:

Gurriers, yea. Is that their first ever mention?

I think so - great Irish band, starting to get some hype about them, debut album just out - seems a great fit for primavera (maybe just the hopeful irish guy in me)

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SweetJesus said:

Turnstile again in Europe? Without new songs and I guess same festivals and countries like every year Spain, France, Germany, Belgium...probably not in Austria, Czech, Croatia, Slovenia, Hungary..

I know their manager is f**kin crazy man who thinks this band is Rolling Stones, but ffs...

p.s. I like Turnstile

Turnstile must be due a new album now tbh, feels like they've been on Glow On for forever!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Deftones 
Fontaines DC
Turnstile
Parcels
Antony and the Johnsons

😉😉😉😉😉

Many thanks!

Parcels - a band I'd love to see at Primavera and at the same time completely overlooked by all the fake posters.

I'm sure there will be many surprising names like this on the line-up... as every year!

4 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

No NIN on the Rock Am Ring announcement, getting worried about them being in Europe now tbh

Well until now there has been zero indication as to that. But I wouldn't have bet on them at RaR even if they are in Europe then, a festival that is headlined by Falling in Reserve would probably be a waste of NINs time

2 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Well until now there has been zero indication as to that. But I wouldn't have bet on them at RaR even if they are in Europe then, a festival that is headlined by Falling in Reserve would probably be a waste of NINs time

There have been a lot of rumours about them to be fair. Expected O2 date in London, Andrej mentioning them, InMusic being in negotiations with them

2 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

Yeah, that lineup for the most part is kinda beneath NIN to me. 

6 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Hope it's the case. They've played it before so assumed they might have done it 

2014 was a very different environment. It wasn't a stellar line up, but it had (then) respectable names from Metal, Rock and Indie Genres (NIN, QOTSA, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Babyshambles, Kasabian, Editos, Portugal the Man, Brian Jonestown Massacre, Haim) whereas know the completely bowed to the German countryfolks desire for average as f metalcore. I mean, imagine having to endure Ronnie Radke, demonstrably the dumbest person on the planet, for 90 minutes

Emphasizes how great PS is at shapeshifting through the times and always having the best mix of legacy, curerent hype and leftfield on offer.

Edited by Quadrophobia

Not excited so far I have to say. 
I can see the 3 main names being Lorde-Tyler-Nick cave. There are simply no indications great, game-changing alternative rock acts are around so I guess that having nick cave playing again after a tour gig could be better than having anyone big for them. 

This means that: either they turn to surprising names from adjacent scenes (tool? Too big. Korn maybe?), they have some surprise or it will simply be a boring lineup 

predictions/wishes/not so remote imo (no headliners): 

- Cindy Lee 

- yellow swans 

- swans 

- blood incantation 

- knocked loose 

Edited by Whos3000_

Would love to see Deafheaven at Primavera though.

In other new: just booked accommodation from Monday to Monday, only 300 meters from the main entrance. Best location since I’ve been going (2015).

Starting from the Thursday before, we’ll be enjoying a couple of days in Sitges before the overstimulation starts. Ready to go.

3 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

Not excited so far I have to say. 
I can see the 3 main names being Lorde-Tyler-Nick cave. There are simply no indications great, game-changing alternative rock acts are around so I guess that having nick cave playing again after a tour gig could be better than having anyone big for them. 

This means that: either they turn to surprising names from adjacent scenes (tool? Too big. Korn maybe?), they have some surprise or it will simply be a boring lineup 

Funny you say there are no indications for alternative rock acts and then list Lorde who probably has the least amount of evidence behind at the minute.

Said it before but there's always surprises, primavera have never really had an outright bad line up since maybe forever?

Edited by scatteredscreens