Join our friendly community of music lovers and be part of the fun 😎

Primavera Sound 2025

Can someone explain the formatting of that poster to me like I'm a child...does that mean Charli, Chappelle and Sabrina are headliners? Why are Fontaines and LCD in green?

Edit: the more I study it the less I understand what all the fonts, emphasis and colour mean. Horrendous to look at.

Edited by Talcroft

Just now, Talcroft said:

Can someone explain the formatting of that poster to me like I'm a child...does that mean Charli, Chappelle and Sabrina are headliners? Why are Fontaines and LCD in green?

yeah, it's like font sizes but annoyingly displayed... 3 big headliners, 2 smaller headliners and from then on by level of boldness

BTW Fontaines are not green, only FKA Twigs and LCD

Just now, JedTheHumanoid said:

yeah, it's like font sizes but annoyingly displayed... 3 big headliners, 2 smaller headliners and from then on by level of boldness

BTW Fontaines are not green, only FKA Twigs and LCD

Sorry you're right, meant FKA and LCD. See, this is how mind mangling the poster is.

Just now, MrTobs said:

It's 147 acts for now, i read that usually it's around 170 without Ciutat, can someone confirm that?

If so, there are quite some acts to be added, maybe due to the early announcement.

Probably this is the full lineup or they would say otherwise.

Guess Sabrina Carpenter and Charlie XCX are just expensive to book, so they had to cut somewhere.

1 minute ago, Yokai said:

Guess Sabrina Carpenter and Charlie XCX are just expensive to book, so they had to cut somewhere.

Yeah maybe, although Lana and SZA shouldn't be much cheaper, right?

Not sure there's enough on here for me to make me part with the ticket price but it's not bad, IMO. 

My main question is whether it's worth it when I've seen so many of these acts before (either at PS or elsewhere) but that's always going to be the case when you go to many gigs. 

I can throw a strong list together very easily, and maybe the day splits would help clarify it for me. 

Most of my best PS memories aren't at the main stages anyway so if the top headliners aren't for you... I wouldn't worry too much. 

2 minutes ago, Yokai said:

"A total of 147 artists are already looking our way..."

Sounds (to me) like this not the full line-up yet.

https://www.primaverasound.com/en/news/primavera-sound-barcelona-presenta-un-cartel-de-puro-presente-musical-que-celebra-su-inconfundible-identidad-para-su-edicion-de-2025

2 minutes ago, frankburns said:

Well if we read the full quote:

A total of 147 artists are already looking our way: the main days of Primavera Sound Barcelona 2025 will take place from the 5th to the 7th of June in the Parc del Fòrum, an iconic venue that is already part of the idiosyncrasy of the festival just two decades after it became the official venue of Primavera Sound. In addition, the parallel programme will, yet another year, turn the festival into a whole week of music that will extend to other corners of Barcelona, although that will be another chapter that we will get to...

The missing artists are the Ciutat 🙂

4 minutes ago, frankburns said:

there were 150 names in last years announcement, this is mainly it

4 minutes ago, chilirocker said:

Is the Wednesday headliner buried in the lineup or will it be an additional announcement? I guess Jamie XX or Caribou could headline that day maybe. 

Caribou is a good shout. 

Wouldn't be surprised if it's Haim. 

9 minutes ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Not sure there's enough on here for me to make me part with the ticket price but it's not bad, IMO. 

My main question is whether it's worth it when I've seen so many of these acts before (either at PS or elsewhere) but that's always going to be the case when you go to many gigs. 

I'm in the same boat. First thought when booking gigs now is to try and see someone new. Getting tough now tbh. 

5 minutes ago, chilirocker said:

Is the Wednesday headliner buried in the lineup or will it be an additional announcement? I guess Jamie XX or Caribou could headline that day maybe. 

yeah, they say it on the site

Stay tuned for the day splits, which will also reveal which bands and artists announced today will perform on the traditional opening day on Wednesday 4th June and at the closing party on Sunday 8th June.

Weird line up, less acts I'm excited about than previous years, but the ones I do like are absolutely great (didn't see Beach House coming at all). Luckily lots of time to start listening to the names I don't know yet.

The three big female headliners seem a bit much, or to put it differently, I would have hoped for 1-2 extra non-pop headliners, but since I spent too much time on Mordor last year, at least this year I don't need to!

Quite surprised by the overall criticism. In terms of alternative and traditional Primavera names, this is a very strong line up. In fact, I would rather criticise the lack of new names.
I can't care less about the headliners. I liked Charli record a lot, but 2 years in a row feels lazy though.
In summary, I'll enjoy a lot this one because there are plenty of bands I like and have Primavera DNA. For sure this year I won't have much time without anything to see.
Ah, and remember, every month, this line up gets better when you start to compare with the rest of the festivals.

2 minutes ago, MagneticField85 said:

Quite surprised by the overall criticism. In terms of alternative and traditional Primavera names, this is a very strong line up. In fact, I would rather criticise the lack of new names.
I can't care less about the headliners. I liked Charli record a lot, but 2 years in a row feels lazy though.
In summary, I'll enjoy a lot this one because there are plenty of bands I like and have Primavera DNA. For sure this year I won't have much time without anything to see.
Ah, and remember, every month, this line up gets better when you start to compare with the rest of the festivals.

yeah, I tend to agree

for me the disappointment is mostly by the headliners and lack of rap, but this is not a weak lineup as it's presented around here.

I'm sad that we didn't get Tyler or Iggy Pop as assumed here, but as in every year, we develop high expectation here...

Overall I'm damn happy with that line up, seeing 20+ names I wanna see on there including some I've never seen before (Anhoni, Twigs, TVOTR, Daniel Curry, Haim, Destroyer).

I'm not too surprised by the 3 headliners, they want to bring a crowd and LDRs day was huge, I do wanna see Charli but otherwise its good to have time away from Mordor.

Might see Tyler in Manchester the week before too!