Join our friendly community of music lovers and be part of the fun 😎

Primavera Sound 2025

5 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

yeah, I tend to agree

for me the disappointment is mostly by the headliners and lack of rap, but this is not a weak lineup as it's presented around here.

I'm sad that we didn't get Tyler or Iggy Pop as assumed here, but as in every year, we develop high expectation here...

Yeah we (rightly) have high expectations. I wish Iggy and Tyler were on there and I think it would balance things out but hey. I was sceptical with the 2024 lineup and still loved it so I'm sure next year will be the same

18 minutes ago, MagneticField85 said:

Quite surprised by the overall criticism. In terms of alternative and traditional Primavera names, this is a very strong line up. In fact, I would rather criticise the lack of new names.
I can't care less about the headliners. I liked Charli record a lot, but 2 years in a row feels lazy though.

3 times in 4 years is even lazier

26 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

who do you think will play auditori? I can see Cat Power and Spiritualized there, who else?

I think Julie Byrne was supposed to play there this year before she dropped out. So i suppose she will be in Auditori.

• Upvote 1

Overall happy with the line up, can understand the reaction towards the 3 main headliners but I'm more than happy to watch a post-Brat Charli XCX after missing out on her sellout UK shows & only catching the tail end of her set this year.  Chappell Roan will be the 2025 Lana Del Ray & sellout whatever day she is playing. 

Missing a curveball like Devo, but more than happy with the mix of Chat Pile, Magdalena Bay, TV on the Radio, Fontaines DC, Turnstile, Cap 'N Jazz, Stereolab, Denzel Curry & Spiritualized, to name just a few...

Bittersweet feeling, barely ten artists that I genuinely want to see, and some of them I’ve seen recently… seems like this year Primavera Sound isn’t for me… 300 euros just to see a handful of leftfield artists doesn’t feel worth it 

Edited by diancieprince

16 minutes ago, livenstu said:

Overall happy with the line up, can understand the reaction towards the 3 main headliners but I'm more than happy to watch a post-Brat Charli XCX after missing out on her sellout UK shows & only catching the tail end of her set this year.  Chappell Roan will be the 2025 Lana Del Ray & sellout whatever day she is playing. 

Missing a curveball like Devo, but more than happy with the mix of Chat Pile, Magdalena Bay, TV on the Radio, Fontaines DC, Turnstile, Cap 'N Jazz, Stereolab, Denzel Curry & Spiritualized, to name just a few...

They should really have the girls headline a day each. 

They'd sell out or be very close to it.

2 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Surely thats what they are doing? We will see, of course

as you and others have said, day tickets for those will do extremely well and weekend tickets may come close to sell out.

the sabrina day will surely sell out of day tickets. Chappell may come close too.

Edited by Memory Man

8 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

I sure hope not. It will make it super crowded for lcd or twigs if their on the same day with one of them.

Ideally we'll have lcd and twigs on the same day without them, but even getting a day of one of lcd/twigs as headliner of the day sounds better

1 hour ago, katyaz said:

Yeah we (rightly) have high expectations. I wish Iggy and Tyler were on there and I think it would balance things out but hey. I was sceptical with the 2024 lineup and still loved it so I'm sure next year will be the same

Don't disagree on tyler and Iggy, but apart from that, expectations here were once again completely unrealistic and clinging to bits of information that were greatly exaggerated.

However I'm really surprised they brought in Sabrina Carpenter, a very bad fit as I said before. On the other hand, I thought she would mainly not work because she didn't appeal to indie audiences at all (other than Charli or Lana), when this Line up treats Indie audiences as a the bycatch to pop audiences with only one of five top names in the "indie" realm.

My biggest problem isn't with the headline though, but with the mid size acts. The Techno department feels repetetive, Rap is abscent, and basically everything in the third biggest fontsize I have seen before, not only in general, but at Primavera itself. There is very little exceptional, seldomnly touring acts on here (TV on the Radio, CapN Jazz, Jesus Lizard) and even thos that have been rather long ago at PS (Sterolab, Spiritualized) cannot push this over the edge for me

• Like 1

1 hour ago, allribena said:

Overall I'm damn happy with that line up, seeing 20+ names I wanna see on there including some I've never seen before (Anhoni, Twigs, TVOTR, Daniel Curry, Haim, Destroyer).

I'm not too surprised by the 3 headliners, they want to bring a crowd and LDRs day was huge, I do wanna see Charli but otherwise its good to have time away from Mordor.

Might see Tyler in Manchester the week before too!

found 42 allready