TBA on Woodsies

Justiceforcedave

9 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I wouldn't usually see him but he was on after Sports Club (who were great by the way) and I thought as I was in a good spot and there was nothing else I wanted to see, I might as well hang on.  He was good actually.  I wouldn't bother seeing him on a main stage or later in the day or anything but for a nice cheesy earlyish feelgood slot, he fit the bill.

*Sports Team

Does the TBA usually get officially announced or is it always left as poorly kept secrets. I remember the year Florence stepped up to headline for u2 and libertines were rumoured to be taking her slot. Can’t remember if it was officially announced on the day or not 

4 minutes ago, Anon12465 said:

Does the TBA usually get officially announced or is it always left as poorly kept secrets. I remember the year Florence stepped up to headline for u2 and libertines were rumoured to be taking her slot. Can’t remember if it was officially announced on the day or not 

The Woodsies one is typically a poorly kept secret

3 minutes ago, Anon12465 said:

Don't think it was officially announced. They put a pic up of them in a helicopter on the way to the farm on twitter if memory serves 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, northernangel said:

I think Kasabian for that slot, not going to be killers again.

It is a curiosity as to why The Killers have the weekend off. Maybe they felt if they booked a Glasto weekend show that nobody would buy tix to their shows?

Although they seem to have been overambitious given you can still get tickets to most of their UK tour. But that's probably due to it being f**king expensive.

8 minutes ago, Anon12465 said:

That was Florence replacing Foo Fighters. But yeah Libertines were announced as a replacement on the day.

Foals mentioned in an interview that they were offered that slot but turned it down as they weren't ready. They did turn up as a Pyramid sub in 2016 though.

2 minutes ago, charlierc said:

It is a curiosity as to why The Killers have the weekend off. Maybe they felt if they booked a Glasto weekend show that nobody would buy tix to their shows?

Although they seem to have been overambitious given you can still get tickets to most of their UK tour. But that's probably due to it being f**king expensive.

Wouldn't surprise me if some of them were going as punters

Just now, hurdy said:

Wouldn't surprise me if some of them were going as punters

Could be both tbf. Deciding that people might not come see them if they're on the same weekend as Glastonbury and deciding just to go as civilians having a poke around.

9 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Yeah I must greatest hits or not, nothing is going to beat seeing them when I did in Coventry and I want to have that reminder considering I ended up in a section I didn't actually pay for but got waved through with others without knowing I was going int the golden circle lol.

24 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Yeah I must greatest hits or not, nothing is going to beat seeing them when I did in Coventry and I want to have that reminder considering I ended up in a section I didn't actually pay for but got waved through with others without knowing I was going int the golden circle lol.

Comparison to me then, given I was stood in front of the sound desk at that same Coventry show.

Was perfectly happy there, mind. Was an excellent show.

My only doubt about Kasabian is I read that their Latitude appearance is a UK festival exclusive:

https://x.com/LatitudeFest/status/1786788716444316120

Depends how you define "exclusive" in festival terms I guess... maybe it's because Latitude is the only one they are headlining?  Maybe that's also they are TBA - i.e they can't advertise it?

27 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Seems like Kasabian are pretty much set, would love Blur/Pulp instead though personally!0

I honestly reckon Pulp are headlining the Sunday next year! (Most likely Pyramid - but if not, Other).

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, CR77 said:

My only doubt about Kasabian is I read that their Latitude appearance is a UK festival exclusive:

https://x.com/LatitudeFest/status/1786788716444316120

Depends how you define "exclusive" in festival terms I guess... maybe it's because Latitude is the only one they are headlining?  Maybe that's also they are TBA - i.e they can't advertise it?

Yep,  that is usually one of the factors which means they are unannounced on the lineup 

26 minutes ago, CR77 said:

I honestly reckon Pulp are headlining the Sunday next year! (Most likely Pyramid - but if not, Other).

Yep. I'm now convinced on this as well.

Waiting for the 30 year anniversary of the first headline show is the only thing that makes sense as to why they've not been back - especially this year when there's no other UK shows planned (so no exclusivity) and they could have near enough picked their slot.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, slats76 said:

Didn’t Clashfinder have The Smile pencilled in for that slot?

Anything you saw on Clashfinder prior to about 11am today can be considered guesswork - sometimes educated guesswork, but often total guesswork. So can't read anything into what may have been there.

52 minutes ago, incident said:

Yep. I'm now convinced on this as well.

Waiting for the 30 year anniversary of the first headline show is the only thing that makes sense as to why they've not been back - especially this year when there's no other UK shows planned (so no exclusivity) and they could have near enough picked their slot.

I'm also convinced. Possibly billed as their finale. Would be a fitting epilogue. 

• Like 3

I do not think it is Kasabian. This whole place was almost certain of seeing Kings of Leon on the lineup after their social posts a while ago.

Kasabian are also an exclusive to Latitude, and would only be a week out from their big gig in Leicester. There's also not been a single whisper within the Kasabian fan base that it could be them.

Kings of Leon, meanwhile, are in the area, and seemed to be hinting that they were going to appear at Glastonbury.