Hey, I have a bought a villagers ticket from a local for Glastonbury. 

I was wondering when they are usually ready for collection? And if villager tickets have to enter through a certain gate. 

Thanks

4 hours ago, Anon123 said:

Hey, I have a bought a villagers ticket from a local for Glastonbury. 

I was wondering when they are usually ready for collection? And if villager tickets have to enter through a certain gate. 

Thanks

Village tickets are not for resale. Unless the process was carried out 6 months ago to transfer it  you may have a problem.

And putting this here where the Farm monitor may not be the best idea.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, A Particular Grey Chihuahu said:

What happened? As far as I can see there can't be more than 30 regular posters on here.

Posters dip in & out all the time. Don't be misled by a snapshot. And for every poster many many more read what's written.

3 hours ago, A Particular Grey Chihuahu said:

What happened? As far as I can see there can't be more than 30 regular posters on here.

There are currently over 1000 online......

Screenshot_20240606-111702.png

2 hours ago, Lycra said:

Posters dip in & out all the time. Don't be misled by a snapshot. And for every poster many many more read what's written.

29 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

There are currently over 1000 online......

Screenshot_20240606-111702.png

But obviously there's not that many people posting. And what's special about the 30 regular posters that the festival would monitor them? Out of those, only a handful have any real insider information. Are the festival monitoring leaks?

Basically, the question I'm asking is what has happened that makes you know that the festival monitor this place?

• Upvote 1

I'm sure that statistics has a lag. Like it'll be 1000 over the last hour or something. Also, a fair few of those will be here for other festivals.

I'm sure people from the festival will be on here because they will want to chat about it as much as anyone else, but I think "being monitored" sounds a bit too KGB 🕵🏼

12 minutes ago, A Particular Grey Chihuahu said:

But obviously there's not that many people posting. And what's special about the 30 regular posters that the festival would monitor them? Out of those, only a handful have any real insider information. Are the festival monitoring leaks?

Basically, the question I'm asking is what has happened that makes you know that the festival monitor this place?

The festival monitor all social media, they learn about scams for getting people in that way and other potential scams. Certain things are not supposed to be mentioned on social media, villager and friends and family guest list being two things that spring to mind. 

8 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

The festival monitor all social media, they learn about scams for getting people in that way and other potential scams. Certain things are not supposed to be mentioned on social media, villager and friends and family guest list being two things that spring to mind. 

It sounds like one of those things they want people to think, as a deterrent, rather than something they put any meaningful manpower towards. Especially here, because whose user name is their real name? Impossible to police.

13 minutes ago, A Particular Grey Chihuahu said:

It sounds like one of those things they want people to think, as a deterrent, rather than something they put any meaningful manpower towards. Especially here, because whose user name is their real name? Impossible to police.

A member once got their ticket cancelled by the festival.....

1 hour ago, A Particular Grey Chihuahu said:

im actually 100% sure they monitor . wont tell you the username but theres one I know of . They have asked for stuff to be removed on occasion 

2 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

Not mine to share but it happened. 

It all sounds very vague, and you'd have to be fairly dense to give your details away. And they'd have to be very certain that it wasn't someone maliciously trying to get someone else's ticket cancelled. I don't think I'm going to live in fear, to be honest.

25 minutes ago, A Particular Grey Chihuahu said:

It all sounds very vague, and you'd have to be fairly dense to give your details away. And they'd have to be very certain that it wasn't someone maliciously trying to get someone else's ticket cancelled. I don't think I'm going to live in fear, to be honest.

😀

Curses you have me an upvote so I felt mean now

Edited by clarkete

2 hours ago, A Particular Grey Chihuahu said:

It certainly wasn't that, but it was easy for the festival to cancel the persons ticket. It was eventually reinstated. 

6 hours ago, A Particular Grey Chihuahu said:

I was contacted by a festival (not glasto) and asked to remove a post on here. If that fest was monitoring this place it seems likely glasto would too.

8 hours ago, A Particular Grey Chihuahu said:

Social media posts have been referenced in security briefings. End of discussion!

1 hour ago, Lycra said:

Social media posts have been referenced in security briefings. End of discussion!

Anyone with the internet can see these posts. It's not exactly covert but I wouldn't class that as monitoring. Monitoring implies something that's specifically planned and routine. Like someone in this thread has said, it has very little real life worth unless very specific details are divulged. I don't think these forums are as important to Glastonbury as some people here would like to think. Maybe some weed paranoia going on 😂🤣😂🤣

Edited by CanWeRest

There’s no doubt ppl from the festival keep an eye on here, and no doubt the big Reddit too. That doesn’t mean they have a dedicated officer on it, but it’s basic diligence. I work somewhere with members that sometimes do dodgy things - we keep an eye on social media and use it for intel gathering. Can’t be the only sector that do that. I don’t think it’s full on monitoring mind! 

Edited by irnkrtn

9 hours ago, irnkrtn said:

There’s no doubt ppl from the festival keep an eye on here, and no doubt the big Reddit too. That doesn’t mean they have a dedicated officer on it, but it’s basic diligence. I work somewhere with members that sometimes do dodgy things - we keep an eye on social media and use it for intel gathering. Can’t be the only sector that do that. I don’t think it’s full on monitoring mind! 

Yeah, that sounds about right. Big companies often pay for general sweeps of the internet looking for keywords too. The school I work for got a letter from Disney because a copyrighted picture ended up on their website 🤣 I wouldn't say Disney are monitoring the school though!

13 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

It certainly wasn't that, but it was easy for the festival to cancel the persons ticket. It was eventually reinstated. 

So no tickets have successfully been cancelled through anything said here? The story is still circulating though, which is a good deterrent.

• Upvote 1