(Relative) Biggest/ Smallest Crowd Size Predictions

kemosabe

13 minutes ago, LinvoyPrimus said:

I'd expect SZA to be a bit of a ghost town relative to Pyramid Headline crowds, and conversely I expect Justice to be rammed. 

It's mad you could swap those over and I reckon people would still be saying exactly the same thing. Both not quite in the right spots... Could've joint headlined Other. 

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It'll be stacked - not least cos Janelle Monae won't draw much of a crowd.  The post Shania exodus will be real.

Very true. Going to have to strategise how to make that work, because I’ve no interest in Shania but wouldn’t be anywhere else for Janelle.

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

Very true. Going to have to strategise how to make that work, because I’ve no interest in Shania but wouldn’t be anywhere else for Janelle.

Literally just turn up for Janelle - you won’t struggle to get a good spot.

40 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

SZA will be bigger than most people think. A lot of people camp at the Pyramid all day, then there is the Sunday ticket holders that boost the numbers on site, and a lot of people won't know much about The National. 

If it was a binary choice between the two, then sure.
But there's Justice, James Blake and London Grammar all up against them too, along with people potentially getting down to the SE corner one last time (plus plenty of DJs at the same time). I'm sure people not into SZA/The National could find something there that they like more, rather than heading along to SZA for a wander.

3 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

If it was a binary choice between the two, then sure.

Strangely, and this makes absolutely no sense to me, for a worryingly large number of people it will be a binary choice.

There are really people that will consider a "big" headliner an important part of the experience and it wouldn't occur to them to look beyond the Pyramid or Other. Even if one of the smaller stages has something more to their taste.

6 minutes ago, incident said:

Strangely, and this makes absolutely no sense to me, for a worryingly large number of people it will be a binary choice.

There are really people that will consider a "big" headliner an important part of the experience and it wouldn't occur to them to look beyond the Pyramid or Other. Even if one of the smaller stages has something more to their taste.

Given the competition on other stages on Friday (Idles, Jamie xx, Jungle, Fontaines DC, Fatboy Slim, Faithless) and Sunday (as mentioned), I think Coldplay will be the one for people wanting a big Pyramid headliner experience. Disclosure, The Gossip, Jessie Ware and Peggy Gou are hardly must-sees for many people.....

Edited by ghostdancer1

1 minute ago, TheDayman said:

I reckon Amelia Lens is going to be pretty wedged.

Only question will be how much Bicep’s Chroma set can split the crowd

I reckon Bicep takes literally everyone that is casually there to see someone late at night while getting on it 

It's been fairly seldom referenced, but Gossip on Woodsies is going to be a ghost town. I can't comprehend how they're headlining that stage with such a small status. I don't mind a few of their tracks, but they hold neither 'popular' relevance (as in, they aren't a big band right now), nor the 'artistic' relevance (as in, have acclaimed works and a cult fanbase - think Fever Ray last year). 

I think it's heavily leaning on Beth's massive political persona on stage but it feels a bit awkward that this huge, grand, brash political performance is going to be seen by about 100 people (slight exaggeration)

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JayDiesel said:

It's been fairly seldom referenced, but Gossip on Woodsies is going to be a ghost town. I can't comprehend how they're headlining that stage with such a small status. I don't mind a few of their tracks, but they hold neither 'popular' relevance (as in, they aren't a big band right now), nor the 'artistic' relevance (as in, have acclaimed works and a cult fanbase - think Fever Ray last year). 

I think it's heavily leaning on Beth's massive political persona on stage but it feels a bit awkward that this huge, grand, brash political performance is going to be seen by about 100 people (slight exaggeration)

Will also be very quiet - though may be an improvement on Phoenix last year.

20 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Janelle Monae vs Avril Lavigne is my only real clash atm but if we're in the pit for Shazza Twain it may just be easier to hang around for Janelle.

Floated this in the group chat and looks like I'm seeing Janelle again!

21 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Janelle Monae vs Avril Lavigne is my only real clash atm but if we're in the pit for Shazza Twain it may just be easier to hang around for Janelle.

I also think Janelle is a much much better show. Much. Avril has some fun nostalgia singalongs and all but c'mon. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, matrainertje said:

I also think Janelle is a much much better show. Much. Avril has some fun nostalgia singalongs and all but c'mon. 

Avril I wouldn't pay to see if she came to my town - whereas Janelle I probably would (not that she ever plays North of the border). So oddly that makes Avril the more appealing option.

The scheduling of Friday night is crazy considering Sunday is very much slim pickings, could have had a couple of these on the Sunday instead:

23:05 - 00:20 - Skindred - Avalon

23:00 - 00:15 - Fontaines D.C. - The Park

22:30 - 23:45 - Jamie XX - Woodsies

22:15 - 23:30 - IDLES - Other

22:00 - 23:30 - Fatboy Slim - Arcadia

22:00 - 23:45 - Dua Lipa - Pyramid

21:25 - 22:40 - Faithless - Glade

Think i'l go with Faithless then Fontaines but if no clashes would have liked to have seen them all.

Can see the BBC using their crane at the back of the Pyramid field a lot less as some of the crowds will look very sparse I imagine this year, very poor line up on there. Good job there's plenty to see elsewhere.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Will also be very quiet - though may be an improvement on Phoenix last year.

Oi! Phoenix was about half full and everyone there was absolutely up for it. One of the most fun Glastonbury crowds I've ever been in, and so committed and vocal that at one point, Thomas Mars stopped the band during the intro to a song to thank us for being such a good crowd and making the choice to go see them over Elton. I ain't 'avin' it! 

Ben

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, wozwebs said:

The scheduling of Friday night is crazy considering Sunday is very much slim pickings, could have had a couple of these on the Sunday instead:

23:05 - 00:20 - Skindred - Avalon

23:00 - 00:15 - Fontaines D.C. - The Park

22:30 - 23:45 - Jamie XX - Woodsies

22:15 - 23:30 - IDLES - Other

22:00 - 23:30 - Fatboy Slim - Arcadia

22:00 - 23:45 - Dua Lipa - Pyramid

21:25 - 22:40 - Faithless - Glade

Think i'l go with Faithless then Fontaines but if no clashes would have liked to have seen them all.

Can see the BBC using their crane at the back of the Pyramid field a lot less as some of the crowds will look very sparse I imagine this year, very poor line up on there. Good job there's plenty to see elsewhere.

Skindred/Idles/Fontaines/Fatboy is such a painful clash 😫 going to be an on-the-day decision I think.

3 hours ago, foolee said:

Yeah I’d like to know this.

Would love for someone to create a thread showing the top 10/20 percentages on CF. 

I think its frowned upon to post the full % on here due to it being a paid donation feature . But the highest / headliner / noteable% are as follows as of today (dont forget demograhpic of people using CF will be mostly people like us so you prob want to add some % to more popular music):

LCD: 48%
Avril:46%

Coldplay:44%

Shania:44%

Bloc Party:41
Sugababes:38

Dua:37

BCS:36
Justice:34

SZA:13%

• Upvote 1