What does your Wednesday look like?

Kaboom Boxer

Yeah was wondering about the Wednesday, 9 of us going for the first time and should be set up and settled in by around 3pm. Obviously will spend large parts of both Wednesday and Thursday wandering the site and finding out bearings. Are there any parts that are or are not particular worth exploring on the Weds in particular? If a lot of places aren't open maybe some areas best left to Thursday. Like the idea of a pub crawl around the site though. 

8 minutes ago, LeFreak said:

Yeah was wondering about the Wednesday, 9 of us going for the first time and should be set up and settled in by around 3pm. Obviously will spend large parts of both Wednesday and Thursday wandering the site and finding out bearings. Are there any parts that are or are not particular worth exploring on the Weds in particular? If a lot of places aren't open maybe some areas best left to Thursday. Like the idea of a pub crawl around the site though. 

There's stuff that isn't open on Wed morning, by afternoon most stalls and bars should be open. Some stuff (Glasto on Sea is the one I remember) is still getting built on Wed. But don't worry, just wander around. We were first timers last year, spent both Wed and Thu exploring the site, going from bar to bar and stopping at stuff that caught our attention. Take it slow, you'll need the two days to get a sense of the place. If there's any live music you really wish to see on Thu make sure you're there early as most stuff gets pretty rammed, otherwise just get lost and don't plan too much. There will be more than enough opportunities to run from stage to stage later 🙂

• Like 1

Get up late in CVE, sort ourselves out, wait until Gate C queue has died down a bit and give 2 newbies a tour of the site, ending with a pint in the Bimble.  Stop by Oxfam to see if they have any interesting outfits and get into the right frame of mind...

Chilled morning by the van, get our wristbands and head into site when the queues have died down (about 11 ish?). Meet up with our mates inside and get on the cider! San Remo, then work our way up to the park. There are a couple a first timers in our group this year too which is exciting! 

Staying in Cv but but i’ll be on my own until my mate’s coach arrives at 4pm… so probably just get his tent setup, have a celebratory beer, then have a wander about and go help him with his bags when he arrives 🤷‍♂️ 

My Wed is sitting in a q from 1am outside gate B freezing my nuts off until 8 am when I get in then and hour to set up in Big Ground followed by an hour's chill with a beer then down to Brothers to get pissed before the meet.

First time not doing the all nighter in the queue as we’re in Holt Farm. So up at 5am. Drive 225 miles, rendezvous with our gang in Street, park up midday-ish and then get set up. Maybe get onsite around 2pm. Wander round, get some food, Brothers bar about 5 (a tradition) and hopefully sit on the grass in Holts until the firework display. Can not wait.

• Like 2

Meant to be working until 4:30pm in Lancashire. Hope an appointment drops into my diary 👀

Set off asap and hope to get in the back campervan field by 6pm ish. Get some food heated up whilst i put the awning up, make bed and get the fridge cold 🍻

Head into the festival to meet friends, hope it's dry and i can stick it out until sunrise at the stone circle... 

Mrs doesn't arrive until Friday, could be in a state

Wake up at 8am ish, arrive after the queues, none of this "back to the car" bollocks, set up quickly and go grab a drink. 

6 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

Anyone put together a good pub crawl that takes in most of the site?

This is the best thread Ive seen for that

• Like 1

Hopefully on site / set up in the afternoon - breathing that huge sigh of relief and thinking '5 nights of this bliss again, what a time to be alive'

I missed the Wednesday sunset last year, due to my coach arrival time. Be nice to see that again this... weather depending

5 hours ago, mufcok said:

Hopefully on site / set up in the afternoon - breathing that huge sigh of relief and thinking '5 nights of this bliss again, what a time to be alive'

I missed the Wednesday sunset last year, due to my coach arrival time. Be nice to see that again this... weather depending

Luckily for you then wasn’t really a sunset on the Wednesday last year due to cloud cover. The hill was heaving and it was a bit crap in all honesty. Thursday was better 👍🏻

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, clarkete said:

Wait, nobody has scheduled "drink too much god awful strawberry cider and then wonder if you might throw up or piss yourself"? 

In 2016 we had a bit of a bar crawl on the Thursday, and I amongst others had been singing the praises of the Brothers bar (because, to be honest it's the cheapest alcohol by volume on site) and one of our lot couldn't finish one due to the teeth melting sugar overkill he got served.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Spindles said:

In 2016 we had a bit of a bar crawl on the Thursday, and I amongst others had been singing the praises of the Brothers bar (because, to be honest it's the cheapest alcohol by volume on site) and one of our lot couldn't finish one due to the teeth melting sugar overkill he got served.

I've had a couple of years where the weather was right and we met up with some friends there, didn't have anywhere to go, didn't realise how strong it was...before I know it I'm broken 😉 

Yeah, it can creep up on you in the sun, I've had to wobble off for a lie down in the shade on more than one occasion before I ended up being a dirty mess at 3 in the afternoon.

2 hours ago, dougal1 said:

I'd like to visit the postcard place if it still exists? Anyone know where? 

Also in Park as well, there was one in between Park Stage & Stonebridge last year - I plan on going again this time.

15 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Also in Park as well, there was one in between Park Stage & Stonebridge last year - I plan on going again this time.

Spending wednesday morning in shock wondering why it is so busy after a slow acclimatization since Sunday and then spending a few hundred quid on stuff from stalls that I had not budgeted for. With cider