2024 Beer Pricing?

Ossielopes

14 hours ago, Gaz_88 said:

Can't remember if they serve pints or just cans at Maceos, think I only bought from the tow & hitch

All I remember is that you could buy pints of Hecks cider in there, not sure what else they had you could get a pint of.

Edited by Johnnyseven
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Gaz_88 said:

Can't remember if they serve pints or just cans at Maceos, think I only bought from the tow & hitch

They have taps this year

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Alvoram said:

I don't see why prices would need to go up this year... We've not had significant beer price increases at the pub, maybe a couple of percent tops... The reason we've had to put our own prices up is mainly because of significant wage increases (and quite right too with everything that's going on.) Are the bars not run by volunteers? 

Bar staff are volunteers. But the whole supply chain won't be, along with managers, installers, marquee erectors, transport drivers, etc etc aren't .

Id say 50p a pint increase would be about right. 

42 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Bar staff are volunteers. But the whole supply chain won't be, along with managers, installers, marquee erectors, transport drivers, etc etc aren't .

Id say 50p a pint increase would be about right. 

Yeh, my point was, that we haven't seen a big wholesale beer price increase yet, since spring 2023. All of those supply chain rises were either passed along in last year's wholesale increase, or as in the case of wage increases, still to come in autumn's brewery wholesale increases. 

All major breweries do two price reviews a year, late summer / early autumn and late winter / early spring. What I was saying was, that after the crazy increases during 2022 and early 2023, we haven't seen big wholesale beer increases during the last 2 rounds of price reviews. 

We've seen our costs, as a pub, go up elsewhere, like wages, massively, but not on the actual beer. 🙂 The increases you may be seeing at the tap this year are due to other costs, for the pubs themselves, rising. And that's mainly wages. 

Hope that makes more sense. 

Edit: To simplify even more...

2022 spring, we saw our wholesale beer cost rise by up to 50p per pint on some lines. 

2024 Spring, the biggest increase we saw was 3p per pint. 

Edited by Alvoram
Simplify Post

2 hours ago, Memory Man said:

Those will be highest pint prices on site so everything else should be, as predicted, under 7 quid

Won't most follow San Remo or is it generally more expensive there? 

Isle of Wight festival is £6.80 for a pint of brewdog, so based on that we absolutely will be below £7 a pint in the normal bars for whichever standard beers they’re doing 

2 hours ago, goldfishboy said:

i don't recall ever seeing a half being enjoyed at glasto

I imagine they don’t do half pint cups and you just get a half full normal one? Might be wrong I’ve never considered ordering one