Glastonbury 2024- bands/ artists on an upward trajectory

Mr Boo

English Teacher & Sprints should definitely be on bigger stages - expect to see them grow. The K’s album is also so good (some of them are so catchy they stay in my head all day) - I think they will smash their early set and could see big things for them if they continue in that direction.  Same for NewDad. I’m excited for all the new music this year. 

14 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Big Special and The Lottery Winners feel like they're both on an upward trajectory. 

Agree with both of those. The Lottery Winners would go down well  in afternoon on The Other stage or Woodsies and a tv spot. 

On 6/16/2024 at 6:49 AM, nikkic said:

I love her, but think even this slot is too high for her tbh.

She hasn’t risen in stature since SIMBI, last album went fairly unnoticed.

Would take a monumental leap to top the big one. 

Agreed, I'd say Introvert had at least 2 songs much bigger / more commercial than anything on the album that followed it. "woman" still drives me nuts as I am sure it's an interpolation of something else, but I've never been able to work out what that something else is. The songwriting credits don't reveal a sample. 

On 6/15/2024 at 6:13 PM, Toilet Duck said:

Think the next Fontaines album will shift them up another level, don’t think they are anywhere close to hitting their peak yet. Those that have heard the whole album insist it’s a game changer for them, the two songs I’ve heard are certainly a further evolution of their sound. Maybe not future headliners, but definitely on a strong upward curve.

I don't know if starbuster is actually * too good * for them to rise much higher. The chorus seems to prominently name check the gorillaz/slowthai song "momentary bliss". I haven't kept up with the rape allegations against slowthai but I suppose I am going off topic now 

51 minutes ago, Johndenis said:

I don't know if starbuster is actually * too good * for them to rise much higher. The chorus seems to prominently name check the gorillaz/slowthai song "momentary bliss". I haven't kept up with the rape allegations against slowthai but I suppose I am going off topic now 

Don’t think there’s any connection. Song is about a panic attack that Grian had. I’m intrigued to hear the rest of the album and the other track that’s out there is completely different again!