Sunday night - where you at?

asorrypotato

Sunday night - where you at?  

204 members have voted

1. 1. Which headliner will you be seeing on Sunday night?

• SZA
    • The National
    • Justice
    • James Blake
    • London Grammar
    • Gipsy Kings
    • The Feeling
    • None

I'm hoping this will be my first Sunday over the last 3 festivals I'll be staying the Sunday night!
I'd like to see James Blake, followed by Daniel Avery and Camelphat in the Glade, then wherever the night takes me 👽

Just how small will SZA’s crowd be, I wonder?

Justice vs. LG was a tough clash for me. I went for The Park because I saw Justice in 2017 and I’ll have partied hardy the previous two nights. It’s the perfect stage for them, as well. Can’t wait. 

12 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Just how small will SZA’s crowd be, I wonder?

Justice vs. LG was a tough clash for me. I went for The Park because I saw Justice in 2017 and I’ll have partied hardy the previous two nights. It’s the perfect stage for them, as well. Can’t wait. 

I don't think it'll be too bad (although certainly not overly big either).

I think the demographic on here is skewing the figures by a fair bit.

3 minutes ago, northernringo said:

probably fits the festival demographic I think .... maybe a touch older but festival certainly isnt all youngsters 

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

probably fits the festival demographic I think .... maybe a touch older but festival certainly isnt all youngsters 

I'm not so sure - I'd say if there was a demographic survey on here, then it wouldn't be overly reflective of the general make-up of the festival attendees.

SZA's crowd will trend much younger than the people on here.

5 minutes ago, northernringo said:

I genuinely think it'll be the smallest headline crowd since the current incarnation of the Pyramid Stage went up.

Don't think it's even a demographic thing - Yes, lots of us 30+ types haven't heard of her, but as best I can tell (having talked to some, and seen comments from others) there doesn't seem to be any great excitement from "the youth" either.

1 minute ago, northernringo said:

I'm not so sure - I'd say if there was a demographic survey on here, then it wouldn't be overly reflective of the general make-up of the festival attendees.

SZA's crowd will trend much younger than the people on here.

even the youngsters dont seem that keen from posts ive seen 

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

even the youngsters dont seem that keen from posts ive seen 

I know a fair few youngsters who are jealous of my going due to SZA being on the line up however they wouldn't be interested in the festival generally.

I'm worried about just how busy Justice will be!

I think SZA will surprise you - there's a large chunk of the festival demographic who don't share their choices/opinions in similar platforms to the rest of us here (efests/Twitter/facebook).

Plus, you have the people who go to the Pyramid at headline time just because it's the Pyramid.

3 out of my group of 5 are attending her set.

Controversial statement now, but... home!

For me i've always hit it way too hard Tues-Sat, and Sunday I'm just hanging. That combined with the horrible lingering feeling that the festival is almost over and that everyone is winding down, I just can't get on a good vibe.

There's nothing i love more than being lost somewhere in the SE corner not knowing what's going on at 4am, but on the Sunday all i'd be able to think about is the mass exodus and imminent drive home in a couple of hours.

So our group always call it and drive home round the time of the Sunday headliner!

It's that bad I haven't even planned any Sunday acts into my clashfinder line-up!! Sunday may aswell not exist for me!

Terrible i know! Perhaps i'll try my best to change that this year! 😄