Sunday night - where you at?

asorrypotato

Sunday night - where you at?  

204 members have voted

1. 1. Which headliner will you be seeing on Sunday night?

• SZA
    • The National
    • Justice
    • James Blake
    • London Grammar
    • Gipsy Kings
    • The Feeling
    • None

6 minutes ago, nicksinc said:

Controversial statement now, but... home!

For me i've always hit it way too hard Tues-Sat, and Sunday I'm just hanging. That combined with the horrible lingering feeling that the festival is almost over and that everyone is winding down, I just can't get on a good vibe.

There's nothing i love more than being lost somewhere in the SE corner not knowing what's going on at 4am, but on the Sunday all i'd be able to think about is the mass exodus and imminent drive home in a couple of hours.

So our group always call it and drive home round the time of the Sunday headliner!

It's that bad I haven't even planned any Sunday acts into my clashfinder line-up!! Sunday may aswell not exist for me!

Terrible i know! Perhaps i'll try my best to change that this year! 😄

Same for me this year! Don't have my Oxfam shifts yet but plan to try and catch some of Romy then London Grammar before heading home. Being on my own and on site since Monday, not too bothered about a quiet Sunday 

10 minutes ago, nicksinc said:

For me i've always hit it way too hard Tues-Sat, and Sunday I'm just hanging. That combined with the horrible lingering feeling that the festival is almost over and that everyone is winding down, I just can't get on a good vibe.

There's nothing i love more than being lost somewhere in the SE corner not knowing what's going on at 4am, but on the Sunday all i'd be able to think about is the mass exodus and imminent drive home in a couple of hours.

So our group always call it and drive home round the time of the Sunday headliner!

It's that bad I haven't even planned any Sunday acts into my clashfinder line-up!! Sunday may aswell not exist for me!

Afraid of seeing the end of the festival so finish it early. Genius.😄

6 minutes ago, GoonerRob said:

Honestly this is a really crap set of options. Can't say id watch any of these in normal life even if i was given a free ticket. Will wander around and see where I end up i expect.

It's quite a varied line-up on the Sunday night, some decent acts who are well respected in their fields. Can't please everyone I guess. 

17 minutes ago, nicksinc said:

No shame in this. There's something peaceful about leaving before the main traffic. I've left on Monday morning before and been in 8 hours of traffic. Sunday night I can be home in less than 3. 

I'd definitely choose Justice all things being equal but if it's going to be heaving I might end up elsewhere, and I'm at least moderately keen on the headliners of all the other major stages. I'd have thought it will depend on whether we've experienced any uncomfortable overcrowding at the likes of Barry Can't Swim and Sugababes earlier in the weekend.

I remember Guns n Roses getting a similar reception on here to SZA (more people saying they'd see Lana Del Rey + Fatboy Slim) and they ended up with a decent turnout. Not the biggest crowd but not as terrible as people expected.

There is a big chunk of people that don't really plan who they want to see, and end up just seeing the main headliners. They probably don't visit these forums.

I'm leaning towards Fat Dog at Lonely Hearts, then get a spot for Justice - then try and nip out a little early to get to Anish Kumar

That's all quite high-energy though... at that point I might stop running around and just do Nia Archives and Justice in full

11 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

I remember Guns n Roses getting a similar reception on here to SZA (more people saying they'd see Lana Del Rey + Fatboy Slim) and they ended up with a decent turnout. Not the biggest crowd but not as terrible as people expected.

There is a big chunk of people that don't really plan who they want to see, and end up just seeing the main headliners. They probably don't visit these forums.

Wouldn't be surprised if GnR and SZA end up with pretty comparable crowds tbh, but I think GnR up against this year's Sunday slate would have drawn far bigger than they did, and SZA up against last year's Saturday would have drawn way less than she (probably) will

13 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

I'd say the GnR reaction was a lot more mixed than this. Plenty vociferously against them and swore to be nowhere near the stage, but there was still quite a few others (including me) excited for them and a few more who were 50/50 on whether to see them or not.

Whereas this seems to be uniquely one-sided.

1 hour ago, nicksinc said:

No reactions left for today but there's a lot to be said for this. I have always truly run out of serotonin by Sunday and spend most of it feeling very sad (and sober because I'm often solo and driving). Don't know shifts yet though but I might propose this this year depending what they are - not interested in Sza and seen most of the others before. 

1 hour ago, northernringo said:

I think SZA will surprise you - there's a large chunk of the festival demographic who don't share their choices/opinions in similar platforms to the rest of us here (efests/Twitter/facebook).

Plus, you have the people who go to the Pyramid at headline time just because it's the Pyramid.

3 out of my group of 5 are attending her set.

Second this! more than half of our group (11 people) will be at SZA! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, incident said:

I'd say the GnR reaction was a lot more mixed than this. Plenty vociferously against them and swore to be nowhere near the stage, but there was still quite a few others (including me) excited for them and a few more who were 50/50 on whether to see them or not.

Whereas this seems to be uniquely one-sided.

I wouldn't say it's one sided on here, i'll be at SZA this year and I know some others on these forums that will be too. I'd say it is more like GNR last year.

SZA for me (I think). If they were playing sequentially on one stage, I'd go and see all 5 of the main stage headliners on Sunday, and be absolutely delighted about it. I'd be up for seeing 4 of the Sunday subs too but Burna will probably get the nod. The weekend plans are crystal clear up until this ambiguity over the final two acts.

We prayed for years for that Other headline slot for The National, only to see Justice getting double the votes.

Justice is a great act and I still like Cross, but C’mon, that set by The National is going to be one for the ages.

This place is massively biased always worth remembering. Some of my lot will do SZA i'm sure but majority i'll convince to come to Justice i think (or they'll just head to SEC early)