Leaving campervan east on foot Tuesday.

lobo

Hello, does anyone know if it’s possible to leave the campervan east site on foot for a couple of hours Tuesday? Ideally need to get back onto a main road to be collected by a family member.  Any help with this would be appreciated! 

Thanks 

Im confused..

If, as suggested, you only need to be out of the CV Fields for a couple of hours within the same day, why dont you just go in later?

IF (quite a big if) you are allowed to walk back down the Blue Route to the end of Pylle Lane, it would take 30 mins without all the oncoming traffic that you will need to avoid. It is dangerous.

It is unlikely that someone will be able to just park up on the A37 without being moved on by the police to meet you, so thats a mission..

I hope you have a great festival,whatever you do!

10 hours ago, lobo said:

Hello, does anyone know if it’s possible to leave the campervan east site on foot for a couple of hours Tuesday? Ideally need to get back onto a main road to be collected by a family member.  Any help with this would be appreciated! 

Thanks 

We were told this was not possible - even if you got down to Pylle Village Hall (the likeliest pickup) point, cars cannot stop as traffic is directed by stewards. 

We got super lucky last year and the guy next to us had to drive out for the afternoon and came back later. 

Thank you @BlueDaze and @Jacko45 for your info. It’s a bit annoying and complicated the window we have to meet family that day. We’ll figure out a simpler solution if walking out isn’t an option. If anyone does know a safe simple route though that would be great. Cheers!

7 minutes ago, lobo said:

Thank you @BlueDaze and @Jacko45 for your info. It’s a bit annoying and complicated the window we have to meet family that day. We’ll figure out a simpler solution if walking out isn’t an option. If anyone does know a safe simple route though that would be great. Cheers!

It's really weird on the Tuesday - we were told effectively you cannot leave the site on foot at all during Tuesday. 

That was from a Steward. 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

It's really weird on the Tuesday - we were told effectively you cannot leave the site on foot at all during Tuesday. 

That was from a Steward. 

That’s good know from a steward. I get it, those country lanes are very narrow and Tuesday will have heavy traffic. I did have a couple of people on Facebook say they’ve walked to a local pub on the Tuesday…I got the feeling they were locals though and knew the roads well. I would probably get lost after walking 10 meters out of the campervan field. 

Edited by lobo

If there is an option for you to drive out that may be easier..??

See the thread on 'Blue route traffic' with a very handy and comprehensive solution of how to drive out from @parsonjack

Entry to the CV Fields is probably at its busiest on Tuesday though so not sure how easy it would be to leave...

16 hours ago, lobo said:

Thanks 

Have you thought about walking to Gate A and getting the shuttle bus to meet them at the Drop Off/Pick Up at Bath & West ....then doing the reverse on return? Certainly many of the surrounding roads have No Waiting/Stopping orders in place so this might be your best option.

Ah...hang on....site won't be open on Tuesday so ..... 🤔

Edited by parsonjack

Your other option might be to walk north out of CV East via E17 and through Purple parking to come out onto the A37 where Purple parking enters..... you'll have the same problem with your lift waiting to pick you up but if they linger somewhere locally they might get away with stopping momentarily when you call to say you're ready.  That would save walking Blue Route too....and do same on return.

Just make sure you have your ticket etc with you if you get challenged on return.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Your other option might be to walk north out of CV East via E17 and through Purple parking to come out onto the A37 where Purple parking enters..... you'll have the same problem with your lift waiting to pick you up but if they linger somewhere locally they might get away with stopping momentarily when you call to say you're ready.  That would save walking Blue Route too....and do same on return.

Just make sure you have your ticket etc with you if you get challenged on return.

Ah ok, that may work. Am I right in thinking purple parking is numbered 1,2,3,4,5 on the top right of the Glastonbury map? I have never been to that car park so can’t picture what level of pedestrian access it was. Obviously it must have paths leading all the way into the car park from E17? How far would the walk be out of the car park onto A37 roughly? Thanks!

47 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

If there is an option for you to drive out that may be easier..??

See the thread on 'Blue route traffic' with a very handy and comprehensive solution of how to drive out from @parsonjack

Entry to the CV Fields is probably at its busiest on Tuesday though so not sure how easy it would be to leave...

Unfortunately not! That would make things easier. 

1 hour ago, lobo said:

Ah ok, that may work. Am I right in thinking purple parking is numbered 1,2,3,4,5 on the top right of the Glastonbury map? I have never been to that car park so can’t picture what level of pedestrian access it was. Obviously it must have paths leading all the way into the car park from E17? How far would the walk be out of the car park onto A37 roughly? Thanks!

Yep.....1,2,3,4,5 etc.....pretty sure there will be paths between campers and general parking as it would be needed for emergency vehicles at least.

I reckon you're talking about a mile from E17 to the A37 that way....note that those parking fields won't be officially open until later on Tuesday so you may have to blag it a bit if anyone asks where you're off to......come in a camper but need to meet someone outside who has your ticket etc....

1 hour ago, parsonjack said:

Yep.....1,2,3,4,5 etc.....pretty sure there will be paths between campers and general parking as it would be needed for emergency vehicles at least.

I reckon you're talking about a mile from E17 to the A37 that way....note that those parking fields won't be officially open until later on Tuesday so you may have to blag it a bit if anyone asks where you're off to......come in a camper but need to meet someone outside who has your ticket etc....

Awesome, thanks mate. Hopefully things run smoothly on the day! 

51 minutes ago, lobo said:

Awesome, thanks mate. Hopefully things run smoothly on the day! 

I am genuinely intrigued though.  Is the person leaving returning to CV on the Tuesday?

If so it's worth them potentially losing quite a bit of time so that you an get that earlier pitch, rather than simply all turn up later after you've met family?

Obviously feel free to tell me to mind my beeswax 🙂 

On 6/20/2024 at 4:55 PM, clarkete said:

I am genuinely intrigued though.  Is the person leaving returning to CV on the Tuesday?

If so it's worth them potentially losing quite a bit of time so that you an get that earlier pitch, rather than simply all turn up later after you've met family?

Obviously feel free to tell me to mind my beeswax 🙂 

Hi, yeh we dont have much of an option unfortunately. It’s all to do with getting our dog off a family member and to a dog sitters in a really complicated time window 😂 not sure how it’s gotten so complicated but that’s the situation we’re in. 

If anyone has a car in CV east they can run us to castle Cary station Tuesday  from campervan field were happy to pay £25. We’re getting dropped back in with friends later that day. 

15 hours ago, lobo said:

Hi, yeh we dont have much of an option unfortunately. It’s all to do with getting our dog off a family member and to a dog sitters in a really complicated time window 😂 not sure how it’s gotten so complicated but that’s the situation we’re in. 

And you couldn't simply all turn up later after you've met family?  I'm sure you'd still get a great pitch

On 6/24/2024 at 12:57 AM, clarkete said:

And you couldn't simply all turn up later after you've met family?  I'm sure you'd still get a great pitch

Managed it all smoothly today. Amazing to be back on site. Hope everyone has an amazing week 🎉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, lobo said:

Managed it all smoothly today. Amazing to be back on site. Hope everyone has an amazing week 🎉

Nice one.!

so did you just walk thru the car park.??

have a great festival